I've been offered a Peavey TKO 115 bass amp (75watt) and I was wondering what people think of this amp. It's the one with the red panel at the front (I read somewhere there are variants).

Has anyone here used/owned this amp? What do you think to it?

I plan to use it to do small gigs in a blues/rock band set up. Thanks for any information.
well depends on how loud the guitar player and drummer are. at 75 watts that doesn't leave a ton of clean headroom for the bass. the TKO isn't a bad amp just on the basic side as i recall.
You'll struggle without front of house support.
G&L L2500
Squier Affinity Jazz Bass 5
Ashdown RPM pre-amp
Ashdown Little Giant 1000
300 watt 15" powered cab
450 watt 15" powered sub bass cab
2x10 + horn
1x15x10 + horn
I think it depends on how small the bar is and how loud the band is. The TKO amps, and mostly any Peavey bass amp, are great value amps, but 75 watts is on the quiet side for gigs. My usual recommendation is no less than 150 watts, but like I said, It totally depends on your band's sound level as a whole and the size of the venue.
...it was bright as the sun, but with ten times the heat
150 watts will only give you a 10% increase in acoustic output over a 75 watt amp.
The minimum I use is 300 watts no matter where I play, generally I use two powered cab on a big gig with no FOH.
G&L L2500
Ashdown RPM pre-amp
300 watt 15" powered cab
2x10 + horn
1x15x10 + horn
I saw a few of those amps used by others when I was growing up.

Looked interesting the first time. After that I had nothing to say about them.

I have heard only one Peavey Amp that ever impressed me. It was an anomaly.

If it is all you have, then it will have to do. I imagine that you will not use it for long.
Ibanez BTB 1006 Fretless and 405 (no Barts)
456 & 455(w/Barts)
Genz Benz NeoX400 112T & NeoX 112T cab.
Digitech BP-8 (x2)
Yamaha PB-1
Boss: SYB-5, PS-2, OD-20, EQ-20, PH-3,BF-3, CE-20, DD-20
Morely A/B
I have a TNT from roughly the same era (blue stripe on the front), but it carries more than twice the power. However, I really enjoy the sound and I always seemed to have plenty of headroom. I've also played through 60-watt amps for small gigs with no mic or DI for FOH support of any variety, and managed to make myself heard without serious issues.
Dude, I play bass. I don't get paid for anything past the 4th fret.
I use one rig, I also rehearse as does the rest of the band with onstage backline.
The best Peavey Bass amp I've ever used was the MkIV Bass amp.
G&L L2500
Ashdown RPM pre-amp
300 watt 15" powered cab
2x10 + horn
1x15x10 + horn
I think it comes down to how loud the drummer is, how much the bass figures in the band's mix, and how picky you are about how you sound. If the answer to any of those 3 is "a lot," then forget the Peavey. I agree with John Swift that you'll want at least 150 watts from a solid state amp.