HI/

Recently i bought a ibanez js100. in case you don't know it is wired in a way so that there is one volume, one tone (push pull), and one 3 way switch. The push pull splits both the humbuckers no matter the switch position. i would like to rewire it so there is no tone knob (because i never use it) but there is 2 (push pull) volume knobs. pulling the volume knobs would split the pickup they are assigned to and the 3 way switch would still choose the pickups. much like a Les Paul, you could blend the pickups (if the switch was in the middle position) to have say the bridge split and at half volume and the neck a humbucker at 10 volume.

i couldn't find any wiring like this online
Quote by Roc8995
You can use this and omit the tone pot completely.

hmm looks good. How would i go about omitting the tone pot. Also, could you blend pickups with that setup. otherwise it looks great. Thank-you for the quick reply. I posted this less than 5 minutes ago
Simply pretend the pot labeled "tone" and its one connection to the circuit are not there. Wire from the pickup selector straight to the output jack.

You will be able to blend pickups with this wiring, just like a Les Paul. This is identical to a coil-tapped Les Paul wiring but without the tone controls.
exactly a tone pot put simply in that schematic is just filtering the output of the guitar before it hits the hot lead. When I was new to wiring like 8 years ago give or take the guys at EMG said the same ting, just put your thumb over it.

so besides there being two volumes and coilsplits the only thing bad I can say about guitarelectronics.com diagrams is that the ground wire isn't illustrated where it should go for beginners who have never taken the right courses in high school or whatever. I mean it's totally common sense after you've done a few schematics but still I usually recommend the seymour duncan wiring page.

good luck , one suggestion is also a super 5 way switch but if you feel two coilsplits are a better alternative go for it.

this is one diagram I mentioned to another member recently but it'll push the guitar to a whole new level. This can be done with any 4 wire pickup not just dimarzio or seymour duncan. You get 12 distinct tones and can turn the tone knob into a second volume easily.
Last edited by Tallwood13 at Apr 17, 2015,
Quote by Tallwood13
exactly a tone pot put simply in that schematic is just filtering the output of the guitar before it hits the hot lead. When I was new to wiring like 8 years ago give or take the guys at EMG said the same ting, just put your thumb over it.

so besides there being two volumes and coilsplits the only thing bad I can say about guitarelectronics.com diagrams is that the ground wire isn't illustrated where it should go for beginners who have never taken the right courses in high school or whatever. I mean it's totally common sense after you've done a few schematics but still I usually recommend the seymour duncan wiring page.

good luck , one suggestion is also a super 5 way switch but if you feel two coilsplits are a better alternative go for it.

this is one diagram I mentioned to another member recently but it'll push the guitar to a whole new level. This can be done with any 4 wire pickup not just dimarzio or seymour duncan. You get 12 distinct tones and can turn the tone knob into a second volume easily.
(image deleted)

So where do you put the ground wire(s)?
Last edited by jonnyspace50 at Apr 18, 2015,