I like it.

(The E-string broke when I was taking the old bat-wing off. )
So this is my partscaster project guitar. It has stable tuning for the most part but the bat-wing string tree was giving me some problems. I went looking for a replacement for that, thinking about Rollers and such...
I stumbled across a mention of this little thing on some other guitar forum. The price was just about the same and I liked the idea of being a test-mule for a new project.

So the idea of this is that the string tree moves when the string moves. When you do a bend, the Dynaguide will shift with the string and then shift back again afterward.

In short, it works good so far. It definitely stopped the binding problem. I think it looks cool. Not too difficult to install.
Admittedly it's just a string tree, but when you're rocking a Squier Strat it feels nice to have a little pinch of "custom" mojo. It can't make a good guitar play better but it seems like a nice alternative if you're upgrading a cheaper Strat style guitar. It was like 10 bucks shipped to my door.

I'm just a customer.
I'm not advertising and I'm not affiliated with the owner. If you're interested in it you can find it pretty easily through your search-bar. It looks like his business is just starting out, so if you're sympathetic to the little guy like I am you might want to check it out. Peace out!
Last edited by paul.housley.7 at Apr 17, 2015,
staggered tuners is the way to go eliminates the need for a string tree altogether. cool though and a cheap fix.
I don't like the idea of having the thread the string through the tree. However, I agree that these little touches make all the difference to our perception. - It was the over-engineered string trees (they have an adjusting screw on the back) on Blade guitars that first attracted me to them.
Quote by Tony Done
I don't like the idea of having the thread the string through the tree. However, I agree that these little touches make all the difference to our perception. - It was the over-engineered string trees (they have an adjusting screw on the back) on Blade guitars that first attracted me to them.

i am with you on that.

it is nice to see a new concept for a string tree though.

WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
Quote by monwobobbo
geez you guys are lazy

is not necessarily lazy. It's that every time I would restring it I would forget to thread it through and I would have to do it over. haha. it is so automatic for me to do and I have so many guitars I would never remember.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
Meh. Staggered tuners eliminated the need for this silly sort of thing.
Roses are red
Violets are blue
Omae wa mou
Shindeiru

Quote by Axelfox
Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
Batwing String Trees are the Devil's work!!!
"We all have idols. Play like anyone you care about but try to be yourself while you're doing so." - BB King

"The thrill is being able to do it...even if you play it badly" - The Edge.

8 Guitars, 4 Amps, 3 Multi Pedals...and never done!
I use roller trees

I'm not a fan of the way those look at all, looks like a small drawer handle and the string still drags on the bar. A roller tree would be better

Staggered tuners are nice, but a roller tree is way cheaper
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
Yeah I was close to just getting the American standard string-tree for the same price as this one.

It does drag on the bar, but that's the point. There's a swivel point down at the base. The bar moves with the string. Friction is actually not a problem with this one.