Hi,

Thinking about buying a loop pedal, and use it with my THR5 amp. But I want to ask if anyone of you can figure out a way to use both together properly.

As you might know, THR5 is an amp+monitor/speaker+effects, all in one. Now as I understand, the proper looper schematic is something like:

Guitar --> Bunch of effect pedals in series --> Loop pedal --> Monitor

The only way I can think of to use a looper with THR5 is:

Guitar --> Loop pedal --> THR5

But this means that the effects in THR5 are applied to signal from looper, which means I can't have layer 1 with setting 1 (e.g. flanger + clean), and layer 2 with setting 2 (e.g. reverb + crunch amp + high gain) and so on. In other words, I can only simulate multiple guitar players, that have the same guitar and same effects and the only variation can come from settings on the guitar (i.e. pickup selection, tone, and volume).

Any way to achieve different settings on different layers?

Thanks.

THR5 inputs: A guitar input and an aux input (e.g. to connect your phone).
THR5 outputs: Speaker, and a headphone output (turns off speaker when used).
Last edited by abdulazizrehan at Apr 18, 2015,
You could run the guitar straight into the amp, then out the headphone output or speaker output with an aux cable. Then plug that into the loop pedal, and the loop pedal output into the aux input of the amp where you plug in your phone. This will mean you cannot modulate the sound after the pedal though. In my head this works but I don't know if it will in real life.

Or alternatively, you could buy a multi-effects pedal.

Hope this helps
Quote by StaticBacon
You could run the guitar straight into the amp, then out the headphone output or speaker output with an aux cable. Then plug that into the loop pedal, and the loop pedal output into the aux input of the amp where you plug in your phone. This will mean you cannot modulate the sound after the pedal though. In my head this works but I don't know if it will in real life.

Or alternatively, you could buy a multi-effects pedal.

Hope this helps

Dammit, I realized you won't be able to hear it because there's something in the outputs. Instead of plugging the loop pedal into the aux input, plug it into some other speakers like your pc ones or a different amp if you have one.
Last edited by StaticBacon at Apr 19, 2015,
Thanks for your reply. Yeh, I figured I could do it using another amp.

But what I was interested in was knowing if there was some way using only THR5. I guess it isn't possible to avoid positive feedback loop in that case.