Hi,
Any thoughts on these guitars.
Is it an actual made in USA one.
Is it good for metal/hard rock?
haven't played one yet but they get great reviews. would be fine for hard rock and metal.
Dean Z typically designs for guitarists in harder genres, so it will be fine for your needs.

In my experience, even used USA DBZ guitars typically go for over $1500. If that one is real, its a steal...and I don't see anything that makes me think it isn't. That said, I'm not an expert on DBZ customs.
Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

Why, yes, I am a lawyer- thanks for asking!

Log off and play yer guitar!

Strap on, tune up, rock out!
I thought these were manufactured oversees. The company was started by the same guy who started Dean but not connected with Dean at all. I'm also not sure if dean zelenski (sp?) Is even still with the company or not.
Quote by mhanbury2
I thought these were manufactured oversees. The company was started by the same guy who started Dean but not connected with Dean at all. I'm also not sure if dean zelenski (sp?) Is even still with the company or not.

there is (or was) import and US made versions of the guitars.
And Dean Zelinsky has moved on from DBZ to found Dean Zelinsky Private Label. Most of those guitars are made in Indonesia, but he also has som MiA customs floating around out there as well.
Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

Why, yes, I am a lawyer- thanks for asking!

Log off and play yer guitar!

Strap on, tune up, rock out!
I don't know if it is US made. I found this
Same kind of serial number. Probably asian made
I'd wager it's American. The Asian models have the countries stamped below the serial number.
Charvel DX-1 FR / DS-1 ST / DC-1 FR / Custom Strat / La Patrie Hybrid CW / Vypyr 30 / VK100 / 1960A
Quote by Danustar
I'd wager it's American. The Asian models have the countries stamped below the serial number.

pretty sure that's an import. the US guitars went in the $2500 - 3000 range new.
Do we know if the Korean or Indo models have original Floyds like this one?
The Chinese ones do not. Could be a mod I suppose.
Charvel DX-1 FR / DS-1 ST / DC-1 FR / Custom Strat / La Patrie Hybrid CW / Vypyr 30 / VK100 / 1960A
Quote by Danustar
Do we know if the Korean or Indo models have original Floyds like this one?
The Chinese ones do not. Could be a mod I suppose.

the cheaper version has a cheap floyd the more expensive ones have an actual FR.

the high end version (import) goes for $1000 so the one pictured on this thread is that one.
Quote by mhanbury2
That might be my new favorite V.

That Venom Darkside? It's pretty slick.=D