I purchased a Guild Madiera from a pawn shop a little over a year ago. It's a great guitar but after I restrung it about a month ago it lost the sound it had with the old strings. The D'addario strings that are currently on it now are fine, but I would like to repurchase the strings that were on the guitar when I bought it (unfortunately I dont know what strings they were!)

I took the guitar back to where I bought it with the strings and they said they weren't sure what brand they were or even something similar. The strings were bright sounding, but the lower strings didn't sound too harsh. The top three strings were dyed (not coated) a dark purple/reddish color, which also gave the guitar a distinct look.

If anyone could help me find these dyed purple classical strings, I would very much appreciate it, Thank you.
D'Addario makes "titanium nylon" treble-side strings, which may be what you had on there, since apparently they look purplish. I think they're only sold in half-sets.
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
Youre officially uber shit now.

Quote by StewieSwan
3d9310rd is far more upset than i 

Quote by Bladez22
I'm a moron tho apparently and everyone should listen to you oh wise pretentious one
Quote by K33nbl4d3
D'Addario makes "titanium nylon" treble-side strings, which may be what you had on there, since apparently they look purplish. I think they're only sold in half-sets.

Yeah I might end up with these strings if I can't find the old ones, but the old strings I had were a very dark purple/red color and lasted much longer than the titanium nylons supposedly do. Thank you though
Hard to say.....Augustine calls some of their strings "red label", but the description doesn't say if the strings are actually colored. Likewise LaBella has "red" (flamenco) string set. Again the description doesn't say...

I just bought a Cordoba, and it came with the Savarez version of the "carbon" strings several makers are selling now. They are the only nylon strings I've ever seen that the trebles "settled" almost immediately.....

However, I used the D'Addario "Pro Arte" set for years... They all seem to be good quality strings.