Hi all..
I was wondering if anyone has any idea what this "SFX" body in cort acoustic guitars is like?
I mean is it a Grand concert? a grand auditorium? something else?
Anyone has any measurements or specs?
I'm thinking of buying one and those measurements would be really helpful.
I can't test one of them in person cause they are not available in any store near me..
Thanks guys..
Work like you don't need any money, love like you've never been hurt and dance like no one is watching
The depth is only 83 mm, so it looks like a shallow jumbo. - Shallow GA?

FWIW, if I was interested in their acoustic tone, I would only be contemplating the ones that specify a solid top. They come in Engelmann, spruce and cedar. The choice between those would depend on playing style - I would go for cedar for slide, Engelmann for fingerpicking and spruce for flatpicking - but what you actually get in the way of tone will be a matter of luck. I would be shy of buying something like that by mail order, and would be looking first at what the local stores have to offer.
Thanks Tony Done
Actually I had this model in mind, Cort SFX-1F which is a solid spruce top with mahogany back and sides.
My options in the local market are really limited and those with solid tops are quite expensive for me. I'll probably buy online but have to be as sure as possible at least for the dimensions.
Thanks again for your reply...
Work like you don't need any money, love like you've never been hurt and dance like no one is watching
Quote by innova125
Hi all..
I was wondering if anyone has any idea what this "SFX" body in cort acoustic guitars is like?
I mean is it a Grand concert? a grand auditorium? something else?
Anyone has any measurements or specs?
I'm thinking of buying one and those measurements would be really helpful.
I can't test one of them in person cause they are not available in any store near me..
Thanks guys..

I have an SFX model, and it's probably my favorite guitar out of all of the ones I own.

I have an american made Ovation, a Babicz Identity, a couple washburns, my cort, and a Johnson.

The Johnson($120 acoustic/electric) and the Cort are my two favorites. It just sounds orgasmic.