so I've always been a huge velvets fan and have heard the album many a time but never had a copy anyway I recently got it on cd and one of my friends in another band got the record on vinyl.

So basically IVE BEEN PLAYING IT NON-STOP. like non-stop. at my place or there's, hell even on the bus on the way with headphones on, in the middle of the night at 2am, before practice and after. And always full volume. I even got infatuated with that dry clangy overdriven scratchy semi fuzz that lou gets on the title track and sister ray. That sound with the honkey tonk piano plus the overdriven bass that cale gets drives me nuts. its gotten to the point where people are trying to pry me off this album. to put it simply white light goin' messin up my mind

Last edited by inkybutt at Apr 19, 2015,
is that some new slang term for coke cuz huu if it is

Gozd in gora poj,
silen ženimo hrup,
uboga gmajna, le vpup, le vkup,
le vkup, le vkup z menoj,
staro pravdo v mrak tulimo,
da se pretulimo skozi to zimo
Why's it gotta be white?
[img]http://i.imgur.com/LYZyCdp.gif[/img]

Quote by CrossBack7
Momie's like not even a real person, just an asian, lesbian spirit.
^only in the company of other lizards. You know... when in Rome right?
this is a thread I'm right behind.
Quote by JamSessionFreak
is that some new slang term for coke cuz huu if it is

even better, heroin!
Quote by Weaponized
u can really listen to the story about the guy in the box over and over? i skip that one

the gift is one of my favourite tracks of all time.
white light tends to hurt my eyes. luckily i have two killer pairs of sunglasses so i'm good that way
white heat though is like next level. like bam once it's white it's the best (cause it's white)

so yeah I think it's a tie for me
it's all just coming back
it's all coming back

it's all coming back to me
The Velvet Underground were important, but outside of historical importance I don't really think they're anything too special. Kudos for being pioneers, but it's not my jam.
OBEY THE MIGHTY SHITKICKER
Loaded is great an all but who loves the sun is a song I can't stand just wish loaded opened with that amazing sweet jane intro. Still don't know what that is I'm assuming it's tape delay reverb on a bunch of overdubbed guitars playing the same thing? Though have to say the back to back of sweet jane and rock an roll is probably one of my favs.
Quote by neidnarb11890

u wanna fite m8?

I love wl/wh but Loaded is on of my favourite albums I can honestly say I love every song on it and Oh! Sweet Nuthin' used to make me really sad because it reminded me of a friend I miss dearly and still do.

plus Fully Loaded is way better, got to love Ocean and the extended version of Sweet Jane.
Quote by inkybutt
Loaded is great an all but who loves the sun is a song I can't stand just wish loaded opened with that amazing sweet jane intro. Still don't know what that is I'm assuming it's tape delay reverb on a bunch of overdubbed guitars playing the same thing? Though have to say the back to back of sweet jane and rock an roll is probably one of my favs.

I think it's about 4 guitars layered over each other all playing a variation on the main theme of the song sometimes with the Bm omitted and replaced with a G.
Quote by korinaflyingv
thought it was amphetamine?

yes it was, my lapse of thought. I'm thinking of another vu song, not heroin though... I'm Waiting For The Man, that's it.
I'm waiting for the man has that mix of sounds that I'm infatuated with. Especially that dry semi fuzz guitar thing. Except it's a little more tame compared to white light white heat. I know it's a gretch country gentleman through a vox solid state. but I've noticed that a lot of 60s and 70s Japanese guitars like Teiscos with foil pickups and lo gain tube amps with a single knob treble booster pedal can some what get it. I'm thinking about buying a filtertron type pickup and switching it with my 80's 335's bridge humbucker.
Quote by inkybutt
I'm waiting for the man has that mix of sounds that I'm infatuated with. Especially that dry semi fuzz guitar thing. Except it's a little more tame compared to white light white heat. I know it's a gretch country gentleman through a vox solid state. but I've noticed that a lot of 60s and 70s Japanese guitars like Teiscos with foil pickups and lo gain tube amps with a single knob treble booster pedal can some what get it. I'm thinking about buying a filtertron type pickup and switching it with my 80's 335's bridge humbucker.

I can get Sterling Morrison's tone on sister ray if I put my SG through my bass fuzz and bass amp and set it right. sounds exactly like it - wailey and loud.

best Velvets song is Ride Into The Sun, although that has a personal meaning for me other than that Some Kinda Love makes me dance like an idiot.