So i have been writing lots of songs for a band And when I say band i mean i am the only member. Since i am doing all the song writing because i just haven't found other members and i have a certain sound i want, would it be a bad idea to try and get a band named after myself. Like i make all the music and record it in studio but find like session players to play live? I dunno i don't want it to sound egotistical.
Quote by Androxine Vorte
I dunno i don't want it to sound egotistical.

Why not? Life is hectic as is, ain't nobody got the time to seek out and listen to timid folks. What on earth could a sheepish person tell others in the enterprise of songwriting what's even worthwhile?
Last edited by Zaphikh at Apr 19, 2015,
Idk man that sounds kind of Jay Seeny levels weird.

Id base it on your name though sure, maybe Android instead of Abdroxine because I dont know what the latter means.

But yeah just a suggestion, obviously you can decide whatever you want
No, i meant my actual birth name lol

Like there's artists out there who's groups are madness after them. Like Garth Brooks.
As long as your name isn't like Anus Dingledork should be no problem
Sail upon the open skies
Quote by Androxine Vorte
Or Raw Saw McFly. The girls will love it.

lol.

Imho, bands/musical groups are a dying concept in the digital age. Jingles and music for sitcoms/television ads/films/rave concerts are the biggest frontiers for composers today. Those industries will suit your visions in a more useful manner.

It's sad for me to say that the guitar has become a modern-day harpsichord, but there's still work to be found for those folks that insist on writing musical notation for a living. Studio musicians will be there at your beck and call so long as you have the $$$ to enable them to survive and pay rent.
For me I think of either cool rare words maybe from different languages, like one of them I like is Hawaiian. I have the choice now of either naming a band, puppy, kitten, or daughter Laniakea haha.

Orrrr names of songs. A cool one I like is Vapour Trail.
Dance in the moonlight my old friend twilight

Quote by metal4eva_22
What's this about ****ing corpses? My UG senses were tingling.
if you're a verb-the-noun kind of guy you could settle with "Naming the Band"
i don't know why i feel so dry
Quote by Eastwinn
if you're a verb-the-noun kind of guy you could settle with "Naming the Band"

First Name Last Name would make a good emo band name
Identity Crisis would be cool for like punk/hardcore

What's your genre TS? We'll help you out with this bro
Well it's all Christian music but it's a bit heavier than rock, not necessarily metal though. I write all the parts (guitar, bass, vocal, piano, acoustic, and i use a drum sampler. I can't drum at all lol)

I always have lots of songs made and i am working on more. I would love to eventually perform live and have a CD. Now I'm not being unrealistic and wanting to be super famous and all that but i want to share this music with people. I just don't know how to approach this goal because i am right now the only songwriter and member so if i were to play live i would need other people so i don't know if they would be permanent or temp. So I'm dealing with that too. I'm not trying to get ahead of myself but still it's something that crosses my mind.

If i had to compare my music to someone else i drew a lot of inspiration from Devin Townsend's Epicloud and Sky Blue albums.
I wouldnt name it after yourself then personally, in that case. Worship music is great, but you gotta be careful because lots of people worship Devin Townsend, which would be considered a 'false idol'/possibly tricking your fans into sinning.

Maybe "God's Child, (Your name)" ?

Quote by Androxine Vorte
Well it's all Christian music but it's a bit heavier than rock, not necessarily metal though. I write all the parts (guitar, bass, vocal, piano, acoustic, and i use a drum sampler. I can't drum at all lol)

I always have lots of songs made and i am working on more. I would love to eventually perform live and have a CD. Now I'm not being unrealistic and wanting to be super famous and all that but i want to share this music with people. I just don't know how to approach this goal because i am right now the only songwriter and member so if i were to play live i would need other people so i don't know if they would be permanent or temp. So I'm dealing with that too. I'm not trying to get ahead of myself but still it's something that crosses my mind.

If i had to compare my music to someone else i drew a lot of inspiration from Devin Townsend's Epicloud and Sky Blue albums.

Perhaps you'd fit in well at newer megachurch bands, where you can put a new song on display once a week in addition to the regular worship songs. I know that doesn't sound glamorous, and tediously slow, but the money you'll rake in after several months will have you convinced, especially if they have cafes with album selections at the register counter.
@Fat Lard (lol)

I was actually thinking about that too. It's not about me it's about the actual worship. I think it's something i might have to think about for awhile.
Its all about the music, man. Names come secondary

EDIT: but yeah, you should come first with the decisions. Gotta do what you love probably primarily, not just what the fans wanna hear/see
Last edited by Fat Lard at Apr 19, 2015,
Casual Hitler
The Fat Trannies

Those are good names.
BOOM-SHAKALAKALAKA-BOOM-SHAKALAKUNGA
Yeah, pick a good name
ZEN JUDDHISM
The new solo project, and spiritual philosophy... Album out now !
----------------------------------------------------------
hybrid 6.0
Debut album 'Silent Destruction' out now
Read the Two Guys Metal review here
Quote by angusfan16
As long as your name isn't like angusfan16 should be no problem

ftfy
Come back if you want to
And remember who you are
‘Cause there's nothing here for you my dear
And everything must pass
If it's some prog rock/metal instrumental project just name it Vorte cause that actually isn't bad. And nothing comes up on google.
Quote by i_lovemetallica
ftfy

anusfan16
it's all just coming back
it's all coming back

it's all coming back to me
Naming the Band would be a pretty good band name.
[img]http://i.imgur.com/LYZyCdp.gif[/img]

Quote by CrossBack7
Momie's like not even a real person, just an asian, lesbian spirit.
There's even plenty of Christian artists who go by their name and not a band name and hey there's some people who even worship bands more than the people. Regardless of what i do, i want the focus to be on the message. Anything else is secondary priorities.

I do appreciate your input everybody. I'm just going to continue writing and just see what happens down the road, I'm not going to worry.

@Wormholes,

The sad part is my username is a typo. It should be Androxine Vortex. I felt so stupid that i messed it up XD
Quote by snipelfritz
Casual Hitler
The Fat Trannies

Those are good names.

They really are, I'd give Casual Hitler a listen if I saw the name
One of the third friendliest users
Stratkat's pet

Quote by Momentosis
Void is a wanker that's why

Quote by Zaphikh
megachurch
There you go