Which is better for the following: Value, sound, durability, and range of use

Gibson les paul standard doublecut 1998
Fender USA standard stratocaster 2002

I play metal, and classical
Totally different guitars, not really possible to compare objectively in terms of "better." Should come down to which fits you best and not much else.

They're both plenty durable and versatile, sound is completely personal preference, and value depends a lot on price...which you did not post.

Both are pretty good, but pretty different. However, we're considering you have a good amp already. Is this right?
GRUPO EN ESPAÑOL

SI BUSCAS BANDA EN LATINOAMERICA O ESPAÑA, ENTRA AQUI
Based on the years I could not tell you much. Based on more modern built guitars by the 2 companies I have definitely seen the quality of Gibson go down significantly as the prices have gone up. I have seen many Gibsons that are not, and cannot be tuned across the board, that have frets that are jagged or poorly done, electronics that do not function properly, and even electronics that do not work right out of the box. I have also seen a couple that have come in (right out of the box) with the neck completely broken off the body.
Are you sure you wouldn't want to look at other guitars anyway? Neither of these would be my first (or second or third) choice for metal. The Fender probably more so for classical, but then it's the even weaker option for metal of the two.
Also, are you completely decided on those two? Haven't you tried a Soloist, an RG, an ESP M or old Yamahas and Carvins? You can buy those used for cheap too, and they are better designed for your styles. You can even get them in HSH or HSS configurations.
GRUPO EN ESPAÑOL

SI BUSCAS BANDA EN LATINOAMERICA O ESPAÑA, ENTRA AQUI
The one YOU like best is the one to get. This guy prefers a HH Tele:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xdc7u4MUYYo
"Your sound is in your hands as much as anything. It's the way you pick, and the way you hold the guitar, more than it is the amp or the guitar you use." -- Stevie Ray Vaughan

"Anybody can play. The note is only 20 percent. The attitude of the motherfucker who plays it is 80 percent." -- Miles Davis

Guthrie on tone: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zmohdG9lLqY
get both! I actually think the double cut les pauls around that time are some of the best guitars gibson usa made...probably ever.

that being said...if you can only have one get the guitar with 25.5 scale length. because 24.75 is for babies.
Prs se Holcomb is the answer
I have an Orange dual terror with ppc212

I own the Gibson, got offered the strat and $200.00
But can't decide how my guitars value will be, since it's a discontinued version, 1st year, and I rarely see them on Ebay. In 8 years when it's 25, how does that change value? I've got no OHSC and no papers
Not a good trade IMO. You can always look on eBay to see prices for instruments close to yours, there are plenty on there right now and you can search finished auctions as well. Depending on the color and condition a DC Standard from before 2000 seems to be about 1100-1600. You can find used MIA strats for 6-700 on nearly every decently sized Craigslist or local used market with a little patience.
The other one I was considering was the Ernie Ball music man silhouette special, guy is offering even up, and I've read good reviews, anyone played one?
The Music Man would be pretty sweet, depending on condition. Would be worth looking into more.
[404]Signature not found
Guy says it's new with OHSC, but I never even knew Ernie Ball made guitars lol
Silo specials are sweet guitars but again you can find them for under 1K used if you're patient. I've seen a few under 900 in the last few months.
Ah whoops. I thought they were worth may more than that. May not be as good a deal as I thought.
[404]Signature not found
lets try this.

what are you not liking about your Gibson DC? what do you want to change?

or do you just want something different?
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
Other than the instruments being completely different from one another in sound, I am very impartial to my DC gibson. It is my favorite guitar and one that I will not get rid of. It is the best playing/feeling guitar that I have ever owned.
Like stated earlier the chance of you finding another one without paying over $1K are not likely, when you could easily find a used MIA strat for less than $800. Just a thought.
Gibson LP traditional and DC standard, PRS S2 Custom 24, MIA Standard Strat, Schecter Banshee 7
EVH 5153, Orange TV50H 2-2x12's
Line 6 M13
I think I may have found what I was looking for, not sure. Spalted maple prs custom 24, and a mim tele with upgraded dimarzio neck. Waiting to hear the prs, but for value idk sounds even
Quote by pks330
I think I may have found what I was looking for, not sure. Spalted maple prs custom 24, and a mim tele with upgraded dimarzio neck. Waiting to hear the prs, but for value idk sounds even

SE CE or CU? if its not a CE or CU, you are trading one nice guitar for two mediocre guitars.

if it is a CU, and legit, take it and run. but SE or S2 i wouldn't trade for.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
Quote by trashedlostfdup
SE CE or CU? if its not a CE or CU, you are trading one nice guitar for two mediocre guitars.

if it is a CU, and legit, take it and run. but SE or S2 i wouldn't trade for.

+1 to this, and I love my DC. Value-wise if it is a CU you are making out like a bandit. If its a CE and the MIM tele you are closer to a fair trade. I've seen the CE's be all over the place price wise, sometimes sub 900, sometimes 1200.

Personally, it would take a lot to get me to part with my DC.
Gibson LP traditional and DC standard, PRS S2 Custom 24, MIA Standard Strat, Schecter Banshee 7
EVH 5153, Orange TV50H 2-2x12's
Line 6 M13