ive got a major crush on u
i'd drive u out to oc
& do the things u wanna do
id even have the fat guy from bowling 4 soup
dedicate a song 2 u

i only wish that this could be
just dump yr bf & go out w/ me

~i swear id treat u like a queen~

itt: share yr fav #younglovejamz alright? the more embarrassing the better lets go

tags: #younglovejamz #xoxoxo #90skids #arcades #pizza #mickeymouse #fam #👸 #franchise #12yo #holdhands #hunny #feeling #ifyrreadingthisitstoolate

Quote by Wormholes
#inbeforethelockbythenofunpolice

this is not trending.

on topic please lets be in love but 7th grade in love again ok

Free Ali
Remember you're still a virgin if you only do it in the butt.
BOOM-SHAKALAKALAKA-BOOM-SHAKALAKUNGA
Quote by chrismendiola

from first list: blink-182's self-titled is a GOAT album. Alicia Keys, old Chris Brown, and Christina Aguilera are occasional guilty pleasures. John Legend is alright when he wants to be but that song is w/e. Michael Jackson is GOAT but some of his stuff is so corny lol. that particular song I know there is a dancing cockatoo video for.

bonus round: I still occasionally play Akon and Pussycat Dolls don't even give a ****.

Mario isn't that embarrassing.

LOL Secondhand Seronade and Boys Like Girls are so bad though.

the only difference between you and me right now is that I have never experienced a time of young love lol.

2009 era Drake actually brings back a similar feel though. my platonic girlfriends and I were the only people who liked him at that point LOL and those were my middle school days.

also this song really takes me back.

Last edited by slipknot5678 at Apr 19, 2015,
Last night I had a bad dream
That I was trapped in this city
Then I asked is that really such a bad thing?
They robbin' niggas on the daily
Can you blame a nigga that ain't never had things?
(What's the value of a thing?)
Guess not, last night they pulled up on my nigga at the light like
Ugh, nice watch, run it
Hands in the air now, hands in the air, run it
Baby you're my everything, you're all I ever wanted
We could do it real big, bigger than you ever done it
You be up on everything, other hoes ain't never on it
I want this forever, I swear I could spend whatever on it
'Cause she hold me down every time I hit her up
When I get right I promise that we gone live it up
She make me beg for it, till she give it up
And I say the same thing every single time
I say, you da ****in' best you da ****in' best
You da ****in' best you da ****in' best
You the da best I ever had,
Best I ever had, best I ever had, best I ever had
Quote by jakesmellspoo
ooh look at me i'm ERIKLENSHERR and i work at fancy pants desk jobs and wear ties and ply barely legal girls with weed and booze i'm such a classy motherfucker.
Quote by ErikLensherr
Baby you're my everything, you're all I ever wanted
We could do it real big, bigger than you ever done it
You be up on everything, other hoes ain't never on it
I want this forever, I swear I could spend whatever on it
'Cause she hold me down every time I hit her up
When I get right I promise that we gone live it up
She make me beg for it, till she give it up
And I say the same thing every single time
I say, you da ****in' best you da ****in' best
You da ****in' best you da ****in' best
You the da best I ever had,
Best I ever had, best I ever had, best I ever had

Quote by slipknot5678
LOL Secondhand Seronade and Boys Like Girls are so bad though.

Full disclaimer: This is not a list of songs I have ever liked. They are songs from my days as a cornball young fella who thought he was in love.

I probably still have the audio of the duet I played with the girl who picked "Two Is Better Than One" for us to sing together :') (my pre-guitarist days. It was so bad LOL. I mean I actually wrote a pretty good piano arrangement but she wasn't very good at guitar and it was out of tune IIRC from hearing it a few years ago). "Fall for You" by Secondhand Serenade was the song playing from her laptop at the park the first time I held hands with a girl.

My first girlfriend and I (the first time a girl and I ever verbally confirmed we were a couple, at least) didn't have a song because we only dated a few months, I guess, and she'd probably think it'd be too damn corny to have one. She'd laugh in my face if I asked her what our song was. I think I proved her right by having the ultimate corny song with my current girlfriend.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tt5huMICEwU

I haven't changed LOL. Anyway, there's some context to this lame shit as well, and I'll freely admit that I sorta like this song anyway. We were learning Tommy Emmanuel & Martin Taylor's guitar arrangement for it for weeks and I guess it stuck.
Free Ali
Last edited by chrismendiola at Apr 20, 2015,
Quote by chrismendiola

alright

-oh man still remember when blink's ST dropped legit to this day throw on feeling this when i get the butterflies no shame go and judge

-real talks ain't nothing wrong with alicia keys tho

-i had no idea what brand new track that was and thought you accidentally linked a weezer track for a sec lol wtf p catchy & cringey nice

-she will be loved is where maroon 5 peaked LOL talk about glass ceiling

-the way you make me feel is dece but i personally woulda went with want you back by the jackson 5 here cuz that song is MONEY (that new song he released from the grave is pretty good too makes me feel 12 apart from the shitty jt verse **** that goof)

-akon is the man dont hate had my first ever slow dance to that track it was appropriate too cuz her fam hated me and we were kids lmao proper romeo shit

-all american rejects kinda sucked lol

-never had a paramore phase literally couldn't sing you back a single lyric right now

-remember when sean kingston died on twitter that one time

i can't even remember. i don't think i adopted the vibes of the love song til i was like 14-15 with minus the bear and maybe some incubus
Quote by Sliide90027
But as a bigoted lemming, you have so cry an Alinslyite slur revealing you lack of reason and sense.

Quote by MusicLord16
BOB 1. ur 20 and two u like evil things and idk if u worship the devil
I'm feeling almost all of this now.
Quote by MinterMan22
-oh man still remember when blink's ST dropped legit to this day throw on feeling this when i get the butterflies no shame go and judge

I have a love-hate relationship with blink-182. I'm probably alone in thinking the S/T is its best album, 1v1 me anyone who actually liked Dookie and Cheshire Cat.

Quote by MinterMan22
-real talks ain't nothing wrong with alicia keys tho

Yeah, I love her music. I'm not ashamed about every entry on the list. "If I Ain't Got You" is actually one my top 10 GOAT songs.

Quote by MinterMan22
-she will be loved is where maroon 5 peaked LOL talk about glass ceiling

I dunno. On one hand, that album has songs I don't feel guilty for liking and explaining away because it's catchy. On the other hand, the other songs are so catchy even though I don't want to listen to them because I know it's not good.

Quote by MinterMan22
-the way you make me feel is dece but i personally woulda went with want you back by the jackson 5 here cuz that song is MONEY (that new song he released from the grave is pretty good too makes me feel 12 apart from the shitty jt verse **** that goof)

I'm not a huge fan of MJ anyway or that song, really, and I agree that it's not one of this best. It placed because this QT had the bubbliest personality which had me enamoured and one day, in her living room, this song comes on the radio while I'm trying to do my algebra homework and pulls me off the couch and makes me dance with her. Looking back, I still have a huge crush on her.

I know you're not bashing my dude JT right now.
Quote by MinterMan22
-akon is the man dont hate had my first ever slow dance to that track it was appropriate too cuz her fam hated me and we were kids lmao proper romeo shit

Akon makes some shitty ass music. The only song I can tolerate at this point is "Lonely."

Quote by MinterMan22
-all american rejects kinda sucked lol

Yeah. Some of the tracks are catchy, though. Gotta throwback to those days of buying those Now That's What I Call Music compilations to find the ones I like (I think they're all from one album, anyway).

Quote by MinterMan22
-never had a paramore phase literally couldn't sing you back a single lyric right now

There's no way. If you've ever turned on the radio, you have to know "That's what you get when you let your heart win. Whooooaa oooh OOOOOH oohh" or "Whooooa I never meant to brag. But I got him right where I want him now." Or even now, they're probably more well-known than ever with "Ain't It Fun" or "Still Into You."

"The Only Exception" is probably epitome of #younglovejam.

Quote by MinterMan22
-remember when sean kingston died on twitter that one time

No, I don't. I'm not sure anyone does, that guy had like three hits.
Free Ali
alright pal AAR did NOT suck
Quote by Sliide90027
But as a bigoted lemming, you have so cry an Alinslyite slur revealing you lack of reason and sense.

Quote by MusicLord16
BOB 1. ur 20 and two u like evil things and idk if u worship the devil
this is probably the first time chris and I have had a tr00 bonding moment.
Quote by chrismendiola

I have a love-hate relationship with blink-182. I'm probably alone in thinking the S/T is its best album, 1v1 me anyone who actually liked Dookie and Cheshire Cat.

S/T is legit in my top 30 probably. don't even gaf about almost everything else they've done but that one album is GOAT. I think most people would actually agree with us.
Yeah, I love her music. I'm not ashamed about every entry on the list. "If I Ain't Got You" is actually one my top 10 GOAT songs.

Alicia Keys is good yeah.
I dunno. On one hand, that album has songs I don't feel guilty for liking and explaining away because it's catchy. On the other hand, the other songs are so catchy even though I don't want to listen to them because I know it's not good.

Maroon 5 really peaked at their first album. not a big fan of them in general though.
I'm not a huge fan of MJ anyway or that song, really, and I agree that it's not one of this best. It placed because this QT had the bubbliest personality which had me enamoured and one day, in her living room, this song comes on the radio while I'm trying to do my algebra homework and pulls me off the couch and makes me dance with her. Looking back, I still have a huge crush on her.

I know you're not bashing my dude JT right now.

JT is good sometimes but 90% when I'm listening to his music and it doesn't suck it's really Timbaland I'm enjoying. pretty lame how everyone hijacked MJ's stuff last year too.
Akon makes some shitty ass music. The only song I can tolerate at this point is "Lonely."

Akon is good. his music is bad in a good way okay.
Yeah. Some of the tracks are catchy, though. Gotta throwback to those days of buying those Now That's What I Call Music compilations to find the ones I like (I think they're all from one album, anyway).

lol my mom used to buy those compilations. we skipped the shitty tracks like All American Rejects though.
There's no way. If you've ever turned on the radio, you have to know "That's what you get when you let your heart win. Whooooaa oooh OOOOOH oohh" or "Whooooa I never meant to brag. But I got him right where I want him now." Or even now, they're probably more well-known than ever with "Ain't It Fun" or "Still Into You."

I was never impressed by "The Only Exception". I used to think Paramore was okay but never really got into them.

lol I remember people talking about it but that's it. I never was a big Sean Kingston fan. I just remember "Take You There" and a couple really bad ones.
Last edited by slipknot5678 at Apr 20, 2015,
Quote by chrismendiola
I'm feeling almost all of this now.

dookie eh?

Quote by chrismendiola

nice

Quote by chrismendiola

i always confuse them with their shitty canadian counterpart hedley both had a strict one month period where they were just "ok" in my book

Quote by chrismendiola

oh man whatta story this is killing me brother had a similar thing with akon girl and rihanna's umbrella can't really stand the song but it always takes me back to the day we chilled outside the gym after school listening to the radio (lol remember those?) during a rainstorm and its just damn yknow? i feel you

Quote by chrismendiola

lmao yeah that's his whole appeal though

Quote by chrismendiola

i'm waiting or bust

Quote by chrismendiola

honest to god never heard that song before.. i probably would've been all over this back in 07

oh wait does that shooting stars song count cuz i know that one but it's just hayley lol

Quote by chrismendiola

LOL

Last edited by MinterMan22 at Apr 20, 2015,
#youngloveheartbreak
Quote by chrismendiola

I'm sure that in a decade, I'll be looking at the songs I like now and cringing. Then again, I cringe presently at the songs I like. I guess I'm still young, though, so I'll post more recent examples (with bonus commentary).

Those two Alicia Keys songs are still regular jams for me.

Bruno Mars - Treasure
This is another one where a girl has grabbed me to have a dance- my ex.

City & Colour - The Girl
MinterMan22 and Thrashtastic15 can fite me because City and Colour and Trailer Park Boys are the best things to come from Canada.

"You Have My Attention" by Copeland is one I still like (I recently brought it out of retirement and have associated with my current girlfriend)

Daryl Hall & John Oates - You Make My Dreams
This is not a song I particularly like, but I remember watching (500) Days of Summer with my current girlfriend and associating with feeling like I was falling in love with her and this song was in that film.

Ed Sheeran - Thinking Out Loud
You've definitely heard this song if you've been alive for the past few months. I played this with some of our friends for my anniversary for my girlfriend last November. That and I love this song.

Fun. - Light a Roman Candle With Me
Sang this to her also back when I could play piano a few years ago. It's how I got her to go on a date with me.

Fun. - The Gambler
This is more of an "old love" song, but I love it, so I'll include it.

Go Radio - Goodnight Moon
This one is a song I almost recorded with the help of a friend of mine until I decided not to because it's clear she isn't interested and I didn't think this would help my case. LOL THANK GOD

John Mayer - St. Patrick's Day
This one reminds me of this cutie at work who I pursued as an interest for a while but she was adamant to saying no because we were going away for college and it wouldn't last. Anyway, we went on one date and I think I remember her saying that she wanted to say yes but it wouldn't work (I may have this part confused with someone else, though).

The Morning Benders - Excuses
This band is now called POP, ETC., by the way. Anyway, it has no particular connection with my romantic life, but it's "young love" and "old love" in one.

Paramore's "The Only Exception" again because it is relevant to my life now more than it was when I spun it back in the day.

Santana - Smooth
This is not a love song as I associate it with my life, but IDGAF. It reminds me of this fling I had for a while because it describes a Latina woman who the Chat thread may remember a story I told recently.
Free Ali
Quote by slipknot5678
S/T is legit in my top 30 probably. don't even gaf about almost everything else they've done but that one album is GOAT. I think most people would actually agree with us.

Nah, the tr00 fans have such a hardon for the really early stuff. I dig Take Off Your Pants [...] and the S/T, but that's about it, really. The recent album was okay, but the band shouldn't have released it because it's pretty much Delonge taking over and saying, "Look, AVA isn't selling so I'm gonna take my AVA throwaway tracks and put 'em on this album, okay? **** what you two think." I dig "After Midnight" somewhat and some of the more Hoppus material but, yeah, that album's not very good at all. It was a waste of a reunion.
Quote by MinterMan22
dookie eh?

Yeah, I probably should've worded that better. I know Dookie is a Green Day album, but I can't get into any of that old punk business that everyone praises. I just lumped 'em together.

Quote by MinterMan22
oh man whatta story this is killing me brother had a similar thing with akon girl and rihanna's umbrella can't really stand the song but it always takes me back to the day we chilled outside the gym after school listening to the radio (lol remember those?) during a rainstorm and its just damn yknow? i feel you

Damn, I feel that. Rain has this huge effect that makes moments a million times more romantic. I mean, I've never had one of those running towards each other in the pouring rain and kissing but then you're forced to stay inside the car/house/something so you just grab some blankets and snuggle (possibly with the fireplace on if she has a fireplace in her house).
Free Ali
Quote by chrismendiola
Nah, the tr00 fans have such a hardon for the really early stuff. I dig Take Off Your Pants [...] and the S/T, but that's about it, really. The recent album was okay, but the band shouldn't have released it because it's pretty much Delonge taking over and saying, "Look, AVA isn't selling so I'm gonna take my AVA throwaway tracks and put 'em on this album, okay? **** what you two think." I dig "After Midnight" somewhat and some of the more Hoppus material but, yeah, that album's not very good at all. It was a waste of a reunion.

Yeah, I probably should've worded that better. I know Dookie is a Green Day album, but I can't get into any of that old punk business that everyone praises. I just lumped 'em together.

"Snake Charmer" is a good song though even though it has that awful Neighborhoods sound/production. I think Mark/Travis/Skiba or whoever can do something better. I give maybe three ****s though and I agree about Dookie/early blink.

in any case I actually can't even relate blink to females at all nobody I knew really listened to blink.

not really feeling your new list but even if I don't care much for that song I have to shout out Santana. I heard so much of his music throughout my earliest years via my "papa" (lol #justredneckthings) and people say I play guitar like him even though I try not to so his influence on me is undeniable. again though what kind type of young-in-love person listens to old Santana lol.
Quote by slipknot5678
not really feeling your new list but even if I don't care much for that song I have to shout out Santana. I heard so much of his music throughout my earliest years via my "papa" (lol #justredneckthings) and people say I play guitar like him even though I try not to so his influence on me is undeniable. again though what kind type of young-in-love person listens to old Santana lol.

I wasn't young young- I was 16 during the time and I've only very recently (a few months ago when my group of musician friends jammed on it) gained an appreciation for that song musically and as a nostalgic trigger.

But yo, that song is an absolute blast to play with a full band- trumpet player, multiple percussionists, and all. Admittedly, I didn't have a guitar with humbuckers on it then (at least not on the neck position), my voice is much more suited to higher notes, and I'm still not very good at playing lead licks and singing at the same time, so I wasn't fantastic. But it helps being someone who plays loads of pentatonics (pretty much the only scale I know as a blues guitarist). Find some musician friends and give it a go and you'll find yourself dancing even though you look like a total ****ing dweeb.

Also, I wasn't in love. It's weird, I probably should have become completely enamoured with that girl 'cause I adored her and she was waaaay attractive. I guess 'cause I wasn't feeling relationships then (either that or I'm a racist and I wasn't interested in a relationship with her 'cause she isn't a white girl from an affluent family).

WTF kind of person names himself after Slipknot and plays guitar like Santana and listens to Muse. LOL, I can only imagine what kinda music you'd play if you were to write and record music.
Free Ali
Quote by chrismendiola
I wasn't young young- I was 16 during the time and I've only very recently (a few months ago when my group of musician friends jammed on it) gained an appreciation for that song musically and as a nostalgic trigger.

But yo, that song is an absolute blast to play with a full band- trumpet player, multiple percussionists, and all. Admittedly, I didn't have a guitar with humbuckers on it then (at least not on the neck position), my voice is much more suited to higher notes, and I'm still not very good at playing lead licks and singing at the same time, so I wasn't fantastic. But it helps being someone who plays loads of pentatonics (pretty much the only scale I know as a blues guitarist). Find some musician friends and give it a go and you'll find yourself dancing even though you look like a total ****ing dweeb.

Also, I wasn't in love. It's weird, I probably should have become completely enamoured with that girl 'cause I adored her and she was waaaay attractive. I guess 'cause I wasn't feeling relationships then (either that or I'm a racist and I wasn't interested in a relationship with her 'cause she isn't a white girl from an affluent family).

WTF kind of person names himself after Slipknot and plays guitar like Santana and listens to Muse. LOL, I can only imagine what kinda music you'd play if you were to write and record music.

oh yeah I know you weren't young young, I just went off on something else 'cause Santana. I don't think the song is bad but it's just not my favourite.

can totally relate to not having relationships but feeling attracted. lol I'm opposite though I've never been friends with a white girl unless we're counting my mom. (my mom thinks I'm cool )

my music is dope af. I have a final project due for my music production class this month that's going to include both me playing and sampling other classmates. obviously it won't be that great 'cause like I'm going to drop my best work for a ****ing college class but if it turns out well I'll let you hear it.
Quote by slipknot5678
can totally relate to not having relationships but feeling attracted. lol I'm opposite though I've never been friends with a white girl unless we're counting my mom. (my mom thinks I'm cool )

Yeah, I'm pretty attracted to your mom.
Didn't you say something about your mom being hot?
Word.

It was a really weird thing. We would hang out together, were all affectionate, and were pretty much a couple except for the part where I didn't feel that way about her. The way the whole thing ended was with her desire to become a couple but I didn't reciprocate.

Oh, well.
Free Ali
Quote by chrismendiola
Yeah, I'm pretty attracted to your mom.
Didn't you say something about your mom being hot?
Word.

It was a really weird thing. We would hang out together, were all affectionate, and were pretty much a couple except for the part where I didn't feel that way about her. The way the whole thing ended was with her desire to become a couple but I didn't reciprocate.

Oh, well.

people in high school feel into one of two categories.

1. they thought my mom was hot.
2. they had never seen my mom, but would say "you know, I bet you have a hot mom."

isn't there like this trope or something on TV where weird kids have hot moms? I don't watch TV but I think I've seen this trope somewhere. that might be it.

the rest of your post:

;_;
Quote by Thrashtastic15
i didnt know you were a 15 year old white girl chris

There are better examples of 15 year old white girl music I posted and you chose City & Colour to criticise.
Free Ali
Quote by chrismendiola

Paramore was so good back when they were an angsty teenage pop-punk band. Now they're like Hayley Williams' shitty pop side project.
ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ raise your dongers ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ
Quote by chrismendiola
There are better examples of 15 year old white girl music I posted and you chose City & Colour to criticise.

as a #goodontariokid i can assure you city and colour is the definition of 15 year old white girl music
Quote by caeser1156
Paramore was so good back when they were an angsty teenage pop-punk band. Now they're like Hayley Williams' shitty pop side project.

**** the h8rs, Paramore is still great. I'm still not sure which version of Paramore I like more, but hey, "Ain't It Fun" is the best song the band ever released so .

Quote by Thrashtastic15
as a #goodontariokid i can assure you city and colour is the definition of 15 year old white girl music

Yeah, I guess since Dallas Green's from Canada, maybe. If I asked all the 15 year old white girls in my area, I doubt anyone of them would know City and Colour.

Point is, I listed Ed Sheeran, John Mayer, Yellowcard, Chris Brown, Maroon 5, Paramore, and The All-American Rejects and you're having a go at me for City and Colour. It's like I gave you a rifle, a shotgun, and a machine gun, but you opted to shoot me with a Nerf gun.
Free Ali
Quote by chrismendiola
**** the h8rs, Paramore is still great. I'm still not sure which version of Paramore I like more, but hey, "Ain't It Fun" is the best song the band ever released so .

No that's crushcrushcrush or Ignorance. I'll give it to you that Ain't It Fun is the best thing that they've put out after the style change though. nvm that is ↓↓↓

Quote by Primus2112
yea but future tho

Oh yeah, I always forget about that since there's so much stuff on the most recent album I don't like that I tend not to listen to it.
ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ raise your dongers ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ
Last edited by caeser1156 at Apr 20, 2015,

so say what are u waiting for
kiss her kiss her
i set my clocks early cuz i know im always late

Quote by chrismendiola

still haven't sat through that entire album at once lmao probably never gonna even outta respect to nostalgia its ok i guess when i was young is tops

Quote by chrismendiola

makes sense.. ya gotta be #dedicated to the cringe to understand the appeal

Quote by chrismendiola
Damn, I feel that. Rain has this huge effect that makes moments a million times more romantic. I mean, I've never had one of those running towards each other in the pouring rain and kissing but then you're forced to stay inside the car/house/something so you just grab some blankets and snuggle (possibly with the fireplace on if she has a fireplace in her house).

yeah

had all of my straight outta teen flick romantic moments during rain/snow storms, would recommend to everyone
Quote by Thrashtastic15

so true lmao

Quote by slipknot5678
people in high school feel into one of two categories.

1. they thought my mom was hot.
2. they had never seen my mom, but would say "you know, I bet you have a hot mom."

isn't there like this trope or something on TV where weird kids have hot moms? I don't watch TV but I think I've seen this trope somewhere. that might be it.

the rest of your post:

;_;

nice

real talks the girl i liked in 8th grade was named emily LOL

Page 1 of 3