I've settled that I'll be getting a Fender Hot Rod Deluxe to pair with my 6505 for cleans. I'll be popping a V30 in the 6505 of course, what should I pop in the Fender?

Playing metal mostly; think Mastodon/Tool type metal.
Fender MIM Strat HSS (DiMarzio Crunch Lab)
Peavey 6505+ 112

If you want, I can mix/master your tracks for free just so I can practice and who knows, maybe you'll love what you hear! Hit me up.
Eminence Texas Heat
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
The stock speaker is an Emi and is pretty sweet for Fender clean tone. If you MUST swap speakers, Weber Ceramic.
"Your sound is in your hands as much as anything. It's the way you pick, and the way you hold the guitar, more than it is the amp or the guitar you use." -- Stevie Ray Vaughan

"Anybody can play. The note is only 20 percent. The attitude of the motherfucker who plays it is 80 percent." -- Miles Davis

Guthrie on tone: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zmohdG9lLqY
Well if the stock speaker is good; then that is that. I'm just used to combo amps having shitty stock speakers and wanted to plan ahead

EDIT:

According to gc.com... its a Celestion?

http://www.guitarcenter.com/Fender-Hot-Rod-Deluxe-III-40W-1x12-Tube-Guitar-Combo-Amp-106078843-i1552009.gc
Fender MIM Strat HSS (DiMarzio Crunch Lab)
Peavey 6505+ 112

If you want, I can mix/master your tracks for free just so I can practice and who knows, maybe you'll love what you hear! Hit me up.
Last edited by BV-95 at Apr 19, 2015,
Oh yuck, those are Chinese Seventy 80's, Toss 'em.

EVM-12L if you're rich or a nice Emi to taste.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
Last edited by Cathbard at Apr 19, 2015,
Quote by BV-95
Well if the stock speaker is good; then that is that. I'm just used to combo amps having shitty stock speakers and wanted to plan ahead

EDIT:

According to gc.com... its a Celestion?

http://www.guitarcenter.com/Fender-Hot-Rod-Deluxe-III-40W-1x12-Tube-Guitar-Combo-Amp-106078843-i1552009.gc

Mine was an Emi Legend but it was an earlier version made in USA.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fender_Hot_Rod_Deluxe

Try it B4 you toss it.
"Your sound is in your hands as much as anything. It's the way you pick, and the way you hold the guitar, more than it is the amp or the guitar you use." -- Stevie Ray Vaughan

"Anybody can play. The note is only 20 percent. The attitude of the motherfucker who plays it is 80 percent." -- Miles Davis

Guthrie on tone: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zmohdG9lLqY
Last edited by Cajundaddy at Apr 19, 2015,
g12-65 or something similar is my favorite speaker.
emi cannabis rex speakers are fantastic too.
Prs se Holcomb is the answer
Why not just get a Roland JC120? You won't have to swap anything, and you'll have the best clean amp ever.
A JC120 is the best clean amp ever?
Blow me.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
Quote by scorpio2billion
Why not just get a Roland JC120? You won't have to swap anything, and you'll have the best clean amp ever.

lol
RIP Gooze

cats
Quote by Cathbard
A JC120 is the best clean amp ever?
Blow me.

+1
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
Well the JC120 has a really nice stereo chorus.
I though prefer me a 4x10" bassman for most clean applications.

Anyway TS, depends on the sound you like really.

If you have a guitar with mid to dark p/ups and you'll only play completely clean stuff on it I'd sure go for a Jensen P12, else if you have brighter p/ups and you may distort the thing a bit I'd put a greenback on it.
Name's Luca.

Quote by OliOsbourne
I don't know anything about this topic, but I just clicked on this thread because of your username :O
Quote by Cajundaddy
Clue: amplifiers amplify so don't turn it on if you need quiet.
Quote by chrismendiola
I guess spambots are now capable of reading minds.
Quote by Cajundaddy
The stock speaker is an Emi and is pretty sweet for Fender clean tone.

+1

Word on the net is it's more or less a legend 1258. If it is, that's a pretty nice clean speaker already.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Ah, the baby Legend. I can't say that I am overly impressed with the big Legends for my Fender tones in my RM100. Fantastic for SLO and Marshall tones but for Fender I preferred T75's even. But that's the big 120W V1216's. Never used the little ones.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
^ yeah the v12 sounds way different from the 128. the 128 is more of a fendery/jenseny type thing, but a bit more modern-sounding and handles distortion pretty well too. i'd agree with you about the g12t75 too, it's a bit scooped so to my ears probably works better than the middier celestions or eminences for cleans.

whether the one in the fender is exactly the same as the one you buy retail, though, I dunno.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
yeah i got a 10" jensen ceramic (c10q i think) back when thomann was blowing them out and it's very nice for cleans. the eminence 1258 is a lot more versatile, though, while still having really good cleans.

also some of the jensens aren't that loud, if that's a concern.
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?