which one should i get? i usually play songs like a7x, bfmv, as i lay dying, killswitch (drop d, drop c)
http://www.schecterguitars.com/guitars/keith-merrow-km-6-942-detail
http://www.schecterguitars.com/guitars/hellraiser-hybrid
The sales in the shop said km-6 have amazing spec in such a price range.($949)
but my fd said the Swamp Ash(Body Material ) used in km-6 is usually for fender, not for metal guitar. And I cant get great tone when i playing standard tuning or drop d .km-6 only sound great when drop c or lower.
what you guys think about it? +
With the amount of gain you'll be using for that genre, you wont notice any difference in tone between the two woods. Your choice depends on your preferences. EMG or SD? Gloss finish or satin? Tune o matic or hipshot? Active or passive? Figure those out and then decide.
Jackson Pro King V
Schecter LE Hellraiser C-1
Schecter Hellraiser V-1
Peavey 6505+
Marshall1960a
Line 6 Wireless G50> Boss TU-3> Dunlop Orignal Crybaby> Ibanez TS-9> MXR Smart Gate> Digitech Turbo Flange> MXR Black Label Chorus> MXR Carbon Copy
Last edited by pantallica87 at Apr 20, 2015,
ID grab the hybrid.
I shouldn't post when drunk..

07 LTD MH400NT SD SH2/SH5
15 Jackson SLATHX-m 3-7 Slime green
Squier std tele (modded to hell)

Engl Powerball
Laney Ironheart 60h
Zilla Superfatboy 2x12 v30's

Pedals
The KM6 and 7 are the only Schecters that I really like, so go with that.
Quote by Axelfox
Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
+1 on the KM6, got a chance to spend some time with one last week and am heavily considering getting one myself.
ESP E-II Horizon FR
Gibson Flying V HET SET
ESP Eclipse II FM JB/Jazz
ESP M-II Deluxe EMG 81/SA
Marshall JCM2000 DSL/ JCM800 1960a cab
Tama Drums/ Sabian
Quote by aaronfzl1993gg

but my fd said the Swamp Ash(Body Material ) used in km-6 is usually for fender, not for metal guitar.

Are you aware of who's signature model the KM-6 is, and what kind of music he plays?
Guitars
Schecter Hellraiser C-1FR, C-1 Classic, Hellraiser Hybrid Solo-II, Special Edition E-1FR-S
Orange Rockerverb 50 212
Basses
Yamaha RBX374 and Washburn MB-6
Quote by pantallica87
With the amount of gain you'll be using for that genre, you wont notice any difference in tone between the two woods. Your choice depends on your preferences. EMG or SD? Gloss finish or satin? Tune o matic or hipshot? Active or passive? Figure those out and then decide.

So yeah, pretty much this. Don't even think about the body wood. It doesn't matter. Everything pantallica said is what matters.

Both guitars have the exact same neck shape and dimensions, too, by the way. And the neck is satin finished on both, even though the rest of the body is gloss on the Hellraiser Hybrid. So, physically, they're going to feel extremely similar, damn near identical. Just the different bridges are going to affect how palm muting feels. But yeah, the biggest thing is going to be the difference between passive SD pickups (in the KM) and active EMGs (in the Hellraiser).
Guitars
Schecter Hellraiser C-1FR, C-1 Classic, Hellraiser Hybrid Solo-II, Special Edition E-1FR-S
Orange Rockerverb 50 212
Basses
Quote by the_bi99man
Are you aware of who's signature model the KM-6 is, and what kind of music he plays?

I did wonder this..
I shouldn't post when drunk..

07 LTD MH400NT SD SH2/SH5
15 Jackson SLATHX-m 3-7 Slime green
Squier std tele (modded to hell)

Engl Powerball
Laney Ironheart 60h
Zilla Superfatboy 2x12 v30's

Pedals
I'm just gonna go ahead and say I'm a BFMV fanboy. Matt Tuck and Michael Paget have both been using the EMG 81/85 combo for years in all their guitars that they play live. So if you like that I sound I'll recommend those pickups.

Also gonna mention this guitar just cause your budget looks like it could handle it and you might be interested since BFMV is a band you enjoy.

http://www.guitarcenter.com/B-C--Rich-Matt-Tuck-Signature-V-Electric-Guitar-H92235-i2861918.gc
Last edited by GraceByDeath at Apr 20, 2015,
Quote by pantallica87

This post sums it up perfectly. Both guitars are absolutely awesome and I'd grab either without hesitation if given the chance.

Just one thing I'd like to add is that the pickup options can be a bit deceptive here: the passive SDs may just as well be the more "aggressive" sounding option, as Black Winters have a fairly intense, high output tone, while the EMG 57/66 set is much different than most other EMGs with less output and less of a chainsaw tone.
Quote by TheLiberation

Just one thing I'd like to add is that the pickup options can be a bit deceptive here: the passive SDs may just as well be the more "aggressive" sounding option, as Black Winters have a fairly intense, high output tone, while the EMG 57/66 set is much different than most other EMGs with less output and less of a chainsaw tone.

That's a good point. But then again, it's not like the 57/66 set can't sound brutal as hell, too. That's what Jeff Loomis is using these days. And he's Jeff mother****in Loomis.

Really, OP, unless you have an already-established preference for either active or passive pickups, just get whichever one looks cooler to you. They're both awesome guitars, either of which will handle the sounds you're looking for perfectly.
Guitars
Orange Rockerverb 50 212
Basses
thz all !!!
all of yours suggests is ****ing useful =]
In fact, i have bought a ltd ec1000 last month and i just cant get used to the palm muting feels of its Tune o matic bridge (feels like there are large separations between the strings and the body) so i sold it to my friend.I do really like how it sounds tho.
So, in this times, i guess i should grab km-6 for its hipshot bridge ?
btw i do like the aggressive sound in emg but the SD black winter also sound aggressive ,right?
thz again for your great help =]
Quote by aaronfzl1993gg
thz all !!!
all of yours suggests is ****ing useful =]
In fact, i have bought a ltd ec1000 last month and i just cant get used to the palm muting feels of its Tune o matic bridge (feels like there are large separations between the strings and the body) so i sold it to my friend.I do really like how it sounds tho.
So, in this times, i guess i should grab km-6 for its hipshot bridge ?
btw i do like the aggressive sound in emg but the SD black winter also sound aggressive ,right?
thz again for your great help =]

Oh hell yes. The hipshot is nice, and the Black Winters are aggressive as hell. Check out this video of Keith Merrow demoing the KM6, along with a little instructional on an amazing riff. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kTl2r1VDCuA He starts playing it at about 2:30.

And this is one of his videos from a couple years ago demoing the Black Winters in another guitar, with a more fully produced sound (also contains awesome riffage). https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jpLpuO-q-To
Guitars
Orange Rockerverb 50 212
Basses
Quote by the_bi99man
Oh hell yes. The hipshot is nice, and the Black Winters are aggressive as hell. Check out this video of Keith Merrow demoing the KM6, along with a little instructional on an amazing riff. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kTl2r1VDCuA He starts playing it at about 2:30.

And this is one of his videos from a couple years ago demoing the Black Winters in another guitar, with a more fully produced sound (also contains awesome riffage). https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jpLpuO-q-To

The sound is freaking amazing and aggressive as ****
i think i will go for a km-6 with no doubt at this friday
thz for all the helps bros
hey guys, just for the updates
i go to the shop today and i change my mind lol
i grab a schecter blackjack C-1 (2014 new version) with Seymour Duncan Nazgul/Sentient
http://www.schecterguitars.com/guitars/blackjack/blackjack-c-1-detail
Its look so good and i just love how it sound, and also with Hipshot bridge!
i left the guitar in the shop to do the set-up tho, so still cant test it
Is it good?
Quote by aaronfzl1993gg
i grab a schecter blackjack C-1 (2014 new version) with Seymour Duncan Nazgul/Sentient
Is it good?

you played it so you know the answer. if it's good for you then it's good.
I played that one and enjoyed it a lot. I was looking for something slightly less aggressive-sounding (and different than black ) at the time, but just like the KM or the Hybrid I'd totally love having one.
Quote by aaronfzl1993gg
Is it good?

Dude, excellent grab. That one's got a slightly thicker neck than the KM6 and Hellraiser Hybrid do. I really love that neck shape. Both of my Schecters have it. And the Nazgul/Sentient pickups are awesome, and are also in the 7 string version of the KM.

Congrats, happy ngd!
Guitars
Orange Rockerverb 50 212
Basses
Quote by the_bi99man
Dude, excellent grab. That one's got a slightly thicker neck than the KM6 and Hellraiser Hybrid do. I really love that neck shape. Both of my Schecters have it. And the Nazgul/Sentient pickups are awesome, and are also in the 7 string version of the KM.

Congrats, happy ngd!

i am glad that this guitar is awesome still need to wait for a weeks to take it tho,feels like forever i just want to touch that baby right now lol