2 33%
Song 4
1 17%
Song 5
2 33%
Voters: 6.
Hi

Last week we chose what the concept and cover weeks will be like:

- Concept week: Pick a movie and write a song for the soundtrack. (This one should be written in a week, same as the regular weeks)

- Cover week: 10's songs. 2010+. MMX+. (ultimate-slash wanted songs released between April 27th 2011 and February 12th 2015 though. )

The objective of this thread is to vote on the song you like the most, but remember: don't base your vote on the quality of the recording, base it on the content.

Here they are:

1 - "Abyss" (nico_9550)

2 - "Falling Down The Water Tower" (ultimate-slash)

3 - "Razor" (whywefight)

4 - "nausea" (deadsmileyface)

5 - "Sheltered Protests" (FoOltz)

------------------------------------------------------------------
Here is last week's most voted song, from FoOltz, the song "Wumbo"!
------------------------------------------------------------------

If you too want to become a better songwriter/gigolo consider joining our group (http://groups.ultimate-guitar.com/mozartfactory/), all the info you need to join this weekly "contest" is there.

The votes will be counted this Friday (post your song for next week meanwhile). The winner of this week's voting will be a mod in our group.

------------------
12 seconds in, the best intro tune ever. After that, the best crash course in satanic crime fighting ever.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rt_T5EF-uzU

Check out last week's thread here: https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1674792
Quote by Minicaxotinho
1st post: 4:02
2nd post: 4:12
3rd post: 4:21

The doomsday is near.

fix'd
Nausea, nausea, n-n-n-n-n-n-n-n-n-n-n-n-n-nausea

I listened to this with surround headphones. It was a weird, trippy and overall awesome experience.
Last edited by ultimate-slash at Apr 20, 2015,
ok let's do this

1. first off, let's congratulate nico on his first song with vocals that's not a cover I think. Your voice is pretty emotive; it really added to the song Anyway I didn't really notice how much I liked this one until relistening to it. It might run a bit long for my tastes but that's impossible to look at objectively really. But yeah it's great

2. ew find a shower bro. I liked the main acoustic line though and the buildup was a slow burn but it payed off.

3. I was happy with how much energy I've actually managed to pack into this track. I'm not terribly good at sounding energetic and the track literally sounds like it's exploding so this is progress :thumbsupthing: I'm happy with the production too, besides how the moog line at the end really kinda disappears oddly at some points and decimates the ear at others. Couldn't really figure out why

4. I still don't really understand what exactly I'm listening to when I listen to your stuff honestly maybe it's Death Gripsish? I don't know, I don't really listen to anything like this

But you clearly put a good amount of work into it, so keep doing you man, it definitely elicits reactions

5. yeah voted for Foltz again this week. The whole song reminds me of kettering by the antlers. Pretty much just get rid of the solos and change the vocal line and make the main guitar line a piano and change the key and it's the same. So basically it's the same song right?

But really this song rules, would vote for it again

edit: just realized it actually is the same key
Last edited by whywefight at Apr 20, 2015,
Quote by whywefight
ok let's do this

But really this song rules, would vote for it again

edit: just realized it actually is the same key

You're the same key!
e minor isn't my thing bro

actually I don't even remember what key it actually is
I thought these were all really cool noise songs until I realized my audio interface was going nuts and warping the sound lol
Quote by whywefight
ok let's do this

1. first off, let's congratulate nico on his first song with vocals that's not a cover I think. Your voice is pretty emotive; it really added to the song Anyway I didn't really notice how much I liked this one until relistening to it. It might run a bit long for my tastes but that's impossible to look at objectively really. But yeah it's great

Thanks, yeah it was my first non cover with vocals and first song with the bow
Hey Nico, I'd vote for you, but I didn't
But I would tho!
Last edited by ultimate-slash at Apr 23, 2015,
Quote by sickman411
I voted for FoOltz but Nico's was really good too.

Quote by ultimate-slash
Hey Nico, I'd vote for you, but I didn't
But I would tho!

Two almost votes I should be almost winner