Page 1 of 8
Idk why but when I see someone that cuts themselves I have no sympathy for them at all. I just don't see what they get from doing it.
Quote by MeTallIcA313
Guys, you heard Mr. Sacamano. No fun until racism is over.
i don't feel sympathy. I feel a lot of empathy though

really, you will never unferstand why a person self-harms until you are at a similar state
it's all just coming back
it's all coming back

it's all coming back to me
That's because you've never experienced depression and how utterly irrational it usually is. It acts as a catharsis and also causes an endorphin spike. It also means that you usually have to clean up the wounds, giving it a care element and it also acts as a distraction from threatening thoughts. It's a short term coping method and not effective or beneficial in the long term.
Quote by EndTheRapture51
who pays five hundred fucking dollars for a burger
Last edited by Banjocal at Apr 20, 2015,
Quote by hurricane0202
I just don't see what they get from doing it.

Catharsis.

Hurting yourself is a way to vent your own self-hatred, or to distract yourself from the intensity of your feelings.
Quote by Axelfox
Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
I also have to do that. Cottaging this weekend
Quote by GuitarGod_92
i am someone that cuts themself AMA

Why do you do that though?
Quote by MeTallIcA313
Quote by ehbacon
no. That's their choice and it's their body and if they are dumb enough to do that then fine.

ugggggggh

such an awful awful awful post
it's all coming back

Quote by Banjocal
That's because you've never experienced depression and how utterly irrational it usually is.

Thats not true, I have actually. It never once went through my mind to do that though.
Quote by MeTallIcA313
Quote by ehbacon
no. That's their choice and it's their body and if they are dumb enough to do that then fine.

Please leave this thread before you say any more stupid things.
Quote by Axelfox
Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
Quote by hurricane0202
Thats not true, I have actually. It never once went through my mind to do that though.
then either you had boo boo depression or you have different coping methods and different perceptions of yourself, and therefore you have at least not experienced that sort of depression.
Quote by EndTheRapture51
who pays five hundred fucking dollars for a burger
Last edited by Banjocal at Apr 20, 2015,
As someone who has cut themselves a good number of times and has the scars to prove it yes I do.

As for why. GG was close with pain. I was in pain, and cutting yourself releases endorphins or whatever which can give you an painkilling opiate like effect. And seeing your own blood spill out can be symbolic in itself.
Quote by hurricane0202

Did you also know that people's experiences with depression are very subject to the individual and try to cope with that pain in different ways?
Quote by Axelfox
Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
another reason people might cut, is because it's one of the only things left in their lives that they feel control over
it's all coming back

yeah I sympathise with it.

edit: really bad wording. I don't support doing it but I have empathy for those who do it there.
Last edited by slipknot5678 at Apr 20, 2015,
op is a retard
Quote by korinaflyingv
On the come up we were listening to Grateful Dead and the music started passing through my bowel and out my arsehole as this violet stream of light. I shat music. It was beautiful.
Quote by Wormholes
\And seeing your own blood spill out can be symbolic in itself.

especially since its the closest thing i can ever have to having a period
which is a reason most people dont have lol
Quote by GuitarGod_92
especially since its the closest thing i can ever have to having a period
which is a reason most people dont have lol

have you ripped your dick off yet?
Quote by Wormholes
As someone who has cut themselves a good number of times and has the scars to prove it yes I do.

As for why. GG was close with pain. I was in pain, and cutting yourself releases endorphins or whatever which can give you an painkilling opiate like effect. And seeing your own blood spill out can be symbolic in itself.

So you're saying you eliminate your psychological pain by giving yourself physical pain? Thats kind of a horrible way to deal with problems.
Quote by MeTallIcA313
amazing (at slipknot)
it's all coming back

Quote by Baby Joel
another reason people might cut, is because it's one of the only things left in their lives that they feel control over

This is a pretty common but also true thing. If you're so used to living with daily pain anyways, you might as well be one of the people giving you that pain.

Quote by hurricane0202
So you're saying you eliminate your psychological pain by giving yourself physical pain? Thats kind of a horrible way to deal with problems.

Well no shit. But hindsight is 20/20 and it's one of those things where you won't ever fully understand it unless you experience it yourself
Last edited by Wormholes at Apr 20, 2015,
Quote by Burgery
op is a retard

Thank you .
Quote by MeTallIcA313
Quote by hurricane0202

ugh are you serious

honestly wtf
it's all coming back

Quote by hurricane0202

People who cut also cite it as a way to punish themselves because of self-loathing.

I honestly don't see why you're questioning something that isn't meant to be rational.
Free Ali
Quote by hurricane0202

Please stop posting.
Quote by Axelfox
Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
I've seen some people say they do it for fun just cause they like seeing blood, which is pretty disturbing.
Quote by MeTallIcA313
shocking that some people don't do things the way other people do
it's all coming back

Quote by Baby Joel
i don't feel sympathy. I feel a lot of empathy though

really, you will never unferstand why a person self-harms until you are at a similar state

this
Quote by ehbacon

you are a shit person for saying this.
Quote by Burgery
op is a retard

also this
A poem.
Quote by yoman297
no girl, movember isnt for you. shave your stache pls

I can out-bore you any day
"Does anyone else wonder why people with a mental disorder act in a way that makes no rational sense to me?"

Think about it.
Free Ali
i really really hope it is (@banjocal)
it's all coming back

yea i'm not a legitimate psychopath so
Quote by Sliide90027
But as a bigoted lemming, you have so cry an Alinslyite slur revealing you lack of reason and sense.

Quote by MusicLord16
BOB 1. ur 20 and two u like evil things and idk if u worship the devil
it's ****ing stupid as shit. I honestly don't understand it. Shit happens, you deal with it and move on. If you are truly depressed, I sympathize with your depression, not your cutting. There are many other ways to deal with depression that aren't incredibly stupid so I would go towards them. And to the few famous artists that encourage their fans to cut, go die.
Quote by ehbacon
it's ****ing stupid as shit. I honestly don't understand it. Shit happens, you deal with it and move on. If you are truly depressed, I sympathize with your depression, not your cutting. There are many other ways to deal with depression that aren't incredibly stupid so I would go towards them. And to the few famous artists that encourage their fans to cut, go die.

Quote by chrismendiola
"Does anyone else wonder why people with a mental disorder act in a way that makes no rational sense to me?"

Think about it.

^^
Free Ali
Quote by ehbacon

Can you go away?
yes, I don't cut myself but i have physically harmed myself in other ways so while I haven't experienced the same thing i understand why some people do it
cat
I've been in a pretty bad state of depression, where I thought no one liked me, like my life didn't matter at all and I never really talked to my parents so they couldn't help me. But I had that one friend that got me through it, just by being there for me. Not once did I cut myself or anything like that. I could get it if you had no friends at all and a bad living environment at home, but most people have at least one friend that wants to help, they just don't care.
Quote by MeTallIcA313