Hi everyone, especially all the Germans here, which I think there are a few here (at least that is the feeling I get from all the forums and posts)

I'm an American living in Germany and would like to know if there is a good, reliable place (in Bavaria/Bayern) where you can get guitar maintenance done (cleaning, pickup changes, knob adjustments etc.).

Or if any of you actually do it, I would be eager to employ your services.

Thanks in advance!
Hooper drives the boat chief...
Quote by jackmiddlemiss
Hi everyone, especially all the Germans here, which I think there are a few here (at least that is the feeling I get from all the forums and posts)

I'm an American living in Germany and would like to know if there is a good, reliable place (in Bavaria/Bayern) where you can get guitar maintenance done (cleaning, pickup changes, knob adjustments etc.).

Or if any of you actually do it, I would be eager to employ your services.

Thanks in advance!

Whereabouts in Bavaria are you situated?
Near Würzburg. Does Thomann service all types of guitars? Even ones you didn't buy there?
Have you already asked in Musik Butik in Würzburg, their website says they do electronics repairs, pickup swaps etc. so that'd be my first stop www.musik-butik.de

Further south I've heard very good things about Captain Amps in Olching http://captain-koerg.de/captain-amps/ admitedly mainly about their amp mods and boutique stuff, but the guitar section on their website has a "Pimp Your Cheapo" page so I take it they do guitar maintenance too. They're just outside Munich which isn't close for you and I doubt for general light maintenace stuff they'd be all that cheap but it could be worth a call.

Personally I wouldn't pay someone to do light maintenance work like pickup swaps when I could head over to Obi grab a soldering iron, look through the forums here and do it myself, but then that's just me
Thanks for that Info. I've actually never used a soldering iron before, but I suppose it makes economic sense to do it myself. I will have to learn sooner or later. And as you said, the forums here are very useful for advice.
Most light maintenance I do do myself. String change, neck cleaning, bridge adjustment etc.

But I'll check out those places you suggested. Thanks again!
Quote by jackmiddlemiss
Does Thomann service all types of guitars? Even ones you didn't buy there?

As much as I love Thomann I don't think I'd send any of my guitars there to be serviced simply due to their sheer size. Not saying they wouldn't do a good job (although I honestly don't know if they even have a maintenance service) but there are hundreds of local guitar shops and luthiers struggling to compete with the all mighty T who depend on this kind of work.

Add to that the risk of damage from sending a guitar off in the post to Thomann it makes more sense to go in to a local shop have a chat with them and work out what you want done.

Oh and if I had the Les Paul in your sig it definitely wouldn't be the guitar I would want to learn to solder on either, sorry my bad should've spotted that earlier haha!!
Quote by jackmiddlemiss
Near Würzburg. Does Thomann service all types of guitars? Even ones you didn't buy there?

Yes they do !

http://www.thomann.de/gb/helpdesk_repair.html

I am from near Würzburg, too

edit:

You could even go to their other location in Zellingen (even closer to Würzburg)

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Musikhaus-Thomann-EK/145449732170266
Last edited by paruwi at Apr 21, 2015,