Greetings kind people of UG,

I'm a newbie in this forum (and in music), since 2013 I joined UG community, but haven't got the courage to post anything til now. (yes, I'm a bit shy)

anyway, here goes.

1st part.
Currently I have several BOSS Vintage pedal, mostly run on 12v. Until I feel the need of TU-2, which run on 9v, and bought one.

Problem is, I already bought a power supply (10 outs), all of which 12v. Currently I use 6, I anticipate purchasing other 12v effects (which I like! they're more, open, somewhat.)

I read posts online about how it'll burn the circuit, running 9v pedals on 12v. But I also read that it's okay.
I need this settled for good, will it be okay?

2nd part.
I like these BOSS old school pedal thing, I owned DD-2, BF-2, CE-3, and PH-2, all MIJ. I'm looking for an octaver and a tremolo. I'm interested in OC-2 and PN-2 (MIJ who runs on 12v as well), but in my country (Indonesia) those thing are rare.

Sought it online, ebay and stuff, damn they're expensive (especially the PN-2).
I'm about to give up hope on PN-2, can anyone suggest tremolo pedals just as good (or better) that runs on 12v? cause I don't think TR-2 can run on 12v.

Will greatly appreciate your feedback. Thanks!
For best results always run exactly the right power supply listed on the back to avoid killing your gear or ending up with a lot of hum in your circuit. It's more than just 9v or 12v.

You need to know:
1. voltage- 6v, 7.5v, 9v, 12v, 18v
2. AC/DC
3. +/- tip/ring
4. mA current draw

Make a list with the specs for each of your pedals and then get a power supply that will meet your needs. Ignore this and bad stuff happens. I often read about guys with terrible hum in their signal and when they list out their pedals, there is one that runs on AC or reverse +/- polarity causing the problem.
"Your sound is in your hands as much as anything. It's the way you pick, and the way you hold the guitar, more than it is the amp or the guitar you use." -- Stevie Ray Vaughan

"Anybody can play. The note is only 20 percent. The attitude of the motherfucker who plays it is 80 percent." -- Miles Davis

Guthrie on tone: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zmohdG9lLqY
Well the trex fuel tank jr or bbe supra charger power supplies are cheaper & should help out with your 9v needs. Its better(safer) to run pedals on the specified specs, with some exceptions, not sure if the ones you are considering are among them.
Quote by Cajundaddy
For best results always run exactly the right power supply listed on the back to avoid killing your gear or ending up with a lot of hum in your circuit. It's more than just 9v or 12v.

You need to know:
1. voltage- 6v, 7.5v, 9v, 12v, 18v
2. AC/DC
3. +/- tip/ring
4. mA current draw

Make a list with the specs for each of your pedals and then get a power supply that will meet your needs. Ignore this and bad stuff happens. I often read about guys with terrible hum in their signal and when they list out their pedals, there is one that runs on AC or reverse +/- polarity causing the problem.

Wow this is new but I'm gonna try and get my head around it. will do what you told me the first change I get. thanks for your kind suggestion! Will post the update as soon as possible..
Quote by steven_ferns84
Well the trex fuel tank jr or bbe supra charger power supplies are cheaper & should help out with your 9v needs. Its better(safer) to run pedals on the specified specs, with some exceptions, not sure if the ones you are considering are among them.

I guess buying a 9v is the simplest (& cheapest?) way to go, isn't it? but as Cajundaddy said, perhaps I should mapped out my pedals first. Thanks for your advice man!