Hey guys, Im looking at a boogie tremoverb combo I found on craigslist for 950, It comes with a flight case and its right in my budget, so do you guys think I should get it? I play a lot of different stuff from GnR to Megadeth and Im a Boogie fan, what do you guys think of the amp?
Quote by AcousticMirror
It's very nice but very very very very very very heavy

Doesnt bother me
A Tremoverb is a very good amp at what it does, but I'm not sold on it as a hotrodded Marshall. Maybe try a Stiletto if you're fixed on those types of bands (though I'm not a fan of that amp).

I could list quite a few better options in your price range.
Gear:

Squier Strat
Epiphone Explorer
Agile AL-3100

No AMP
Quote by evmac
I could list quite a few better options in your price range.

Like what? could they do the Mesa sound? and are they in available in a combo form? dont get me wrong, not doubting that you cant but Im curious about what you think
GnR and Megadeth don't use Mesa (I think). But regardless, the tverb can handle hard rock and metal (with a boost) just fine. I used to own both the head and combo. Later you should probably buy an external 2x12 for more thump as I find the combo struggles there a bit.
Quote by Paroxysm
GnR and Megadeth don't use Mesa (I think). But regardless, the tverb can handle hard rock and metal (with a boost) just fine. I used to own both the head and combo. Later you should probably buy an external 2x12 for more thump as I find the combo struggles there a bit.

No they dont use Mesa, I was just using those bands as an example for what kind of music I play. I have a 4x12 that I would probably run it through.
Perfect then lol

The combo will be loud enough for any venue, and your 4x12 will compliment it when necessary. But... 200 lbs right there
Quote by Paroxysm
Perfect then lol

The combo will be loud enough for any venue, and your 4x12 will compliment it when necessary. But... 200 lbs right there

Yeah I noticed the combo is stupidly loud and I think having a 4x12 behind you on stage makes you look way more badass than a combo, but thats just me, and both the cab and the combo have casters, but Ill try not to die when going up steps
Quote by stayfrosty78
Like what? could they do the Mesa sound? and are they in available in a combo form? dont get me wrong, not doubting that you cant but Im curious about what you think

For GNR and Megadeth the obvious amp would be a JCM 800 2203, but you could also look at:

JCM 900 MK3/SL-X
JCM 2000 DSL
Peavey VTM
Laney VH100r
Peavey Windsor
Splawn Quickrod/Competition
Traynor YCV50B
Jet City JCA50/100

I would pick all of those for Megadeth or GNR before a Rectifier but that's just me. I like Rectifiers but I use them more for Pantera, Tool, or Lamb of God type stuff.
Gear:

Squier Strat
Epiphone Explorer
Agile AL-3100

No AMP
Quote by evmac
For GNR and Megadeth the obvious amp would be a JCM 800 2203, but you could also look at:

JCM 900 MK3/SL-X
JCM 2000 DSL
Peavey VTM
Laney VH100r
Peavey Windsor
Splawn Quickrod/Competition
Traynor YCV50B
Jet City JCA50/100

I would pick all of those for Megadeth or GNR before a Rectifier but that's just me. I like Rectifiers but I use them more for Pantera, Tool, or Lamb of God type stuff.

I see, I really dont play Gnr or Megadeth that much but I was just using those bands to show the spectrum of music I play, sorry for the misunderstanding
Tell everyone you play Soundgarden and Metallica...

$950 with a flight case is a great price.
Quote by some_dude_2
Tell everyone you play Soundgarden and Metallica...

$950 with a flight case is a great price.

I agree, thanks