Or rather issue...

Re-wired and installed EMGs in my strat, got it all working and set, except the 1/4 stereo jack the EMGs need doesn't fit into the jack cavity (top rout) correctly. Or at all. And when I manage it in, the jack won't fit in.

So the problem is obvious, but as this is my first personal mod done by me and not the guy at the guitar shop, my question is SHOULD this be an issue? Do I need a smaller 3 conductor jack, or am I just missing something stupidly obvious here?
This signature is worth TONS of money. You should see what you can get for it.
Last edited by Rifftanic at Apr 22, 2015,
The purpose of the jack is to switch the battery off when there is no cable plugged in. You definitely don't want your battery sitting around draining itself, so you need a way to switch it, and the jack method is certainly the easiest/most popular.

How close is the fit? I've seen some people just grab a dremel and make room, which seems reasonable enough since it's covered up once you finish. If it's way way off you might want to look at getting a different brand of jack, or perhaps just using a mini-switch to kill the battery.
It's not a ton off, and I don't have a problem grinding the cavity out a bit. I just wanted to make sure I wasn't doing it for no reason or missing something obvious. I'd love to not have to mess with the wood if possible, though - do you have a brand/jack that you know would fit?
Not sure, but it wouldn't hurt to poke around on eBay. Jacks are cheap enough, might be worth ordering a couple different kinds to see if one drops in.
Alright I'll do some digging. Thanks for thr help.