Page 1 of 2
I used to be a big fat couch guitarist in my early teens, but I always wanted to be in shape.

I found that I am not a great lover of the gym and also not a great lover of spending any significant amount of time doing fitness-related activities.

For me the solution has been this system of short home workouts that I found and that's the only thing I do.

But I am always looking to try new things, so...

What are your favorite ways?
Not bein' a bitch.
В словах есть что-то неприличное.
Put stat points into strength when you level up
WHAT A
HORRIBLE
NIGHT TO
HAVE A
CURSE.
Quote by Baby Joel
also, way and whey

I pronounce the H a bit.
O.K.

“There's never enough time to do all the nothing you want.”
~ Bill Watterson

O__o
Squats and oats

Quote by chaoticfables
reps for jesus

Holy Swoliness
Sail upon the open skies
Last edited by angusfan16 at Apr 23, 2015,
Quote by theguitarist
I pronounce the H a bit.

wow ruining my day againt orson thanks
will someone carry me across ten thousand miles under the silence
Watch/limit what you eat, buy a pair of dumbbells, do push ups before bed/in the morning. Also, either ride a bike or go running. If you have to go somewhere and can bike it, use your bike. It will get you into shape and save you a buttload of money.
Quote by JD Close
Piano dick had some good parts, but should have said "As the business man slowly gets boned", would have accented the whole dick feeling of the album
Steroids
Seattle Seahawks

Quote by chookiecookie
i feel like you have an obsession with aubrey plaza.

Quote by WCPhils
at least we can all agree SGstriker is the woooooooooooooooooooooorst
You aren't going to get strong doing short home workouts. Eat lots of carbs and protein. Go for a bikeride everyday and swim if you can.
In short get a good program and each time you workout lift more than the previous time. If you plateau then decrease the weight and start over. Eat enough calories that youre gaining muscle but not too much fat. Itll be more then you think.

Check out hst. Basically what i do is start in the 15 rep range with 2 sets 1 min rest between, 3 sets when i get to 10rm 90sec rest, 4 x 7/8 2 mins and 5 x 5 2.5-3 mins rest and then push 5x5 until i plateau. Increase weight by 5 lbs each workout.
Quote by Night
wtf is a selfie? is that like, touching yourself or something?
It depends on in what way you want to be strong.
Roses are red
Violets are blue
Omae wa mou
Shindeiru

Quote by Axelfox
Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
Eat your spinach, like that man in the documentary Popeye
ZEN JUDDHISM
The new solo project, and spiritual philosophy... Album out now !
----------------------------------------------------------
hybrid 6.0
Debut album 'Silent Destruction' out now
Read the Two Guys Metal review here
Have Robert Downey Jr.'s dad inject you with magical 1940's steroids
THE FORUM UPDATE KILLED THE GRADIENT STAR

Baltimore Orioles: 2014 AL Eastern Division Champions, 2017: 75-87
Baltimore Ravens: 2012 World Champions, 2017: 4-5
2017 NFL Pick 'Em: 92-54
Quote by chaoticfables
reps for jesus

Forgive me father for these gains I'm about to receive.
Quote by jakesmellspoo
ooh look at me i'm ERIKLENSHERR and i work at fancy pants desk jobs and wear ties and ply barely legal girls with weed and booze i'm such a classy motherfucker.
Quote by necrosis1193
Have Robert Downey Jr.'s dad inject you with magical 1940's steroids

so...robert downey then?
will someone carry me across ten thousand miles under the silence
Quote by The Judist
Eat your spinach, like that man in the documentary Popeye

In one gulp, I think that's also important
WHAT A
HORRIBLE
NIGHT TO
HAVE A
CURSE.
Quote by Baby Joel
so...robert downey then?

Technically Robert Downey Sr.. Same difference though.
THE FORUM UPDATE KILLED THE GRADIENT STAR

Baltimore Orioles: 2014 AL Eastern Division Champions, 2017: 75-87
Baltimore Ravens: 2012 World Champions, 2017: 4-5
2017 NFL Pick 'Em: 92-54
bend over, you'll get some big and strong
Quote by yellowfrizbee
What does a girl have to do to get it in the butt thats all I ever wanted from you. Why, Ace? Why? I clean my asshole every night hoping and wishing and it never happens.
Bitches be Crazy.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Quote by Wormholes
You aren't going to get strong doing short home workouts. Eat lots of carbs and protein. Go for a bikeride everyday and swim if you can.

Oh, it's too late for that, I already have gotten strong doing short home workouts!
Quote by angusfan16
Squats and oats

OP if you don't wanna go to a gym and lift heavy ass weights, you could also consider getting a pull up bar and a heavy kettlebell or two, there's a lot interesting training that can be done at home with that equipment.
Last edited by Jyrgen at Apr 23, 2015,
Quote by Wiegenlied
In short get a good program and each time you workout lift more than the previous time. If you plateau then decrease the weight and start over. Eat enough calories that youre gaining muscle but not too much fat. Itll be more then you think.

Check out hst. Basically what i do is start in the 15 rep range with 2 sets 1 min rest between, 3 sets when i get to 10rm 90sec rest, 4 x 7/8 2 mins and 5 x 5 2.5-3 mins rest and then push 5x5 until i plateau. Increase weight by 5 lbs each workout.

HST, checked out, thank you! There seems to be quite a few different opinions on how to achieve the "big" part of "big and strong".
Quote by DJ DiJa
HST, checked out, thank you! There seems to be quite a few different opinions on how to achieve the "big" part of "big and strong".

What is sure is that it does not occur in a few months. You're looking at years of a consistent lifestyle of good diet and frequent training, so know that
Quote by Jyrgen

OP if you don't wanna go to a gym and lift heavy ass weights, you could also consider getting a pull up bar and a heavy kettlebell or two, there's a lot interesting training that can be done at home with that equipment.

Thanks, I probably would except I'm on the road so much that I don't really want rely on any equipment.

Also, I spent way to much time in gyms already, over the years. Never liked them.

For the moment, the one arm pushups, one leg squats, handstand pushups etc, that are in my current program are heavy enough to put up a challenge.
isn't there an extremely popular forum with an obvious name you could post this on?
i don't know why i feel so dry
Quote by Eastwinn
isn't there an extremely popular forum with an obvious name you could post this on?

You could say that about everything posted in The Pit. It's all off topic, but I am a guitarist that wants to find out how other guitar players keep in shape.
Quote by DJ DiJa
Thanks, I probably would except I'm on the road so much that I don't really want rely on any equipment.

Also, I spent way to much time in gyms already, over the years. Never liked them.

For the moment, the one arm pushups, one leg squats, handstand pushups etc, that are in my current program are heavy enough to put up a challenge.

Good stuff.

Still, doing upper back and hamstrings gets much easier when you have a pullup bar and a kettlebell to swing
I use what all the professionals use

and most important

totes bro.
Quote by zgr0826
My culture is worthless and absolutely inferior to the almighty Leaf.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
^ naw naw naw.

Deca straight into the eyes, dbol straight up the butt.

Guaranteed 50 lbs solid muscle mass bro get zyzz status
Sail upon the open skies
Be Christian Bale, then you can change your physique whenever you want
The only way to get big is to lift big and eat big.
Also this should be in the exercise and nutrition thread
________________________________ ________________________________
______________________________ ______________________________
Quote by Baby Joel
also, way and whey

and weigh
ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ raise your dongers ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ
Page 1 of 2