Page 1 of 2
Please discuss which type of chair is your favorite. Is it cushioned with no support? Or nice and hard with good support? Is it a mix? Please discuss.

EDIT: Go in detail!!
Last edited by michaeldupont at Apr 23, 2015,
Why not cushioned and good support?
Quote by Axelfox
Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
I also have to do that. Cottaging this weekend
Cushioned with support

longing rusted furnace daybreak seventeen benign nine homecoming one freight car

...modes and scales are still useless.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b
Voted for Patron Çıldırdı.

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
Quote by T00DEEPBLUE

Some people like a firm chair to keep them moving.
Quote by michaeldupont
Some people like a firm chair to keep them moving.

And what if I want a supported comfy chair that does that too?
Quote by Axelfox
Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
I like to sit on beds. And lie face down on beds with my laptop. and sleep in beds. I love my bed. Nobody judges a bed. you just sleep and dream. only dreams.

i want to dream
Quote by angusfan16
Legitimate question, why would any ever need an almost $800 chair? The thing better have a pop out toaster and disposable hooker

Because it's highly ergonomic and supports good seating position over long periods of time. It's an industry standard in professional environments.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
Quote by Xiaoxi
Because it's highly ergonomic and supports good seating position over long periods of time. It's an industry standard in professional environments.

There are surely far cheaper chairs that do this too.
Quote by Axelfox
Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
And what if I want a supported comfy chair that does that too?

You can have it, but you asked why someone else wouldn't want a comfy chair.
Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
There are surely far cheaper chairs that do this too.

Maybe there's diminishing returns in terms of price to comfort, but when I can write it off as a business expense it doesn't really matter.

And I've sat and worked in chairs in the 50-300 dollar ranges for a long time. They don't provide the kind of back support you need when working and focusing for long periods of time. I treated myself to the top of the line after college.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Quote by sam b

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
Last edited by Xiaoxi at Apr 23, 2015,
id rather be the chair if ya know what i mean BOO-YEAH

i have one of these
but the cushion is lamb's wool, and the back and arms are a real nice woven thing. looks good and feels good.

alternatively, i also have an amazing leather chair super comfy, reclines all the way back, and great support, etc.
it's all just coming back
it's all coming back

it's all coming back to me
IKEA chairs lol
Quote by MeTallIcA313
Guys, you heard Mr. Sacamano. No fun until racism is over.
I like my butt cushioned, and my back supported. Not a fan of any back cushions though.
Quote by JD Close
Piano dick had some good parts, but should have said "As the business man slowly gets boned", would have accented the whole dick feeling of the album
Quote by Most_Triumphant
I like my butt cushioned, and my back supported. Not a fan of any back cushions though.

Back cushions make the chair too bulky
I've sat down on a chair that cost a few thousand dollars. It's not mine, and it was a gift given to the owner. It was great, but I don't think I'd ever buy one in any case.
Free Ali
straight high back - so I sit up straight.
four sturdy legs - so it's not shaking all over the place
thin cushion - so my ass isn't hurting if I wanna play video games for half the day. big cushions I just slide and slouch and misses the point of sitting in a chair with a proper back.

I've found it's pretty hard to find a solid chair that does this, at a reasonable price and well made. everything I've looked at is either some fancy dining room focused design or just super flimsy. my current "chair" at home is a metal dining room one that is okay but it has a big gap in the middle back and the cushion is worn. at work I have a decent "mesh" office chair that is pretty firm back but gives too much in other ways, so I find my self slouching half way down it as the day gets on.

Thinking of asking the carpenter/handyman across the road to knock something up, but I know he'd charge me more than it costs to get some boutique bs one.
O.K.

“There's never enough time to do all the nothing you want.”
~ Bill Watterson

O__o
Quote by T00DEEPBLUE

And where, pray tell will you find this fabled holy grail of furniture?
BOOM-SHAKALAKALAKA-BOOM-SHAKALAKUNGA
Last edited by snipelfritz at Apr 23, 2015,
Quote by snipelfritz
And where, pray tell will you find this fabled holy grail of furniture?

My dad's Volvo C70 T5 conv. has amazing seats.

It doesn't necessarily need to be for office use.
Quote by Axelfox
Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
Last edited by T00DEEPBLUE at Apr 23, 2015,
Quote by So-Cal
it doesn't look that comfortable

if i was spending that much on a chair i'd want some grand looking leather thing

It's an office/studio chair, not for leisure / slothing around watching TV

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Quote by sam b

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
Quote by Banjocal
I like to sit on beds. And lie face down on beds with my laptop. and sleep in beds. I love my bed. Nobody judges a bed. you just sleep and dream. only dreams.

i want to dream

agreed

beds are comfy, the only problem I have is that when i sit with my legs stretched out for a while, i get real bad pins and needles
Eat your pheasant
Drink your wine
Your days are numbered, bourgeois swine!
Quote by Eastwinn
songs from the big chair

nice

Quote by Eastwinn
songs from the big chair

can't get over this tbh

Quote by Eastwinn
songs from the big chair

holding hands while the walls come tumbling down

Quote by Eastwinn
songs from the big chair

when they do ill be right behind you

Quote by UltimateGuizar
Also three and tree

If you're a cartoon New Jersey mob boss.
BOOM-SHAKALAKALAKA-BOOM-SHAKALAKUNGA
Quote by Xiaoxi

I don't like mesh chairs as much, might be due to weighing like 100 pounds more than you though
Page 1 of 2