What can I do with it to make it look better? I was thinking maybe painting it in an original way so that the guitar would look good overall. What do you guys think?
Replace it with another LP pickguard. There's so many options online that repainting an existing one is pretty much completely pointless.

And given the purpose of a pickguard is to protect the guitar from scratches, then the scratches will eventually wear the paint off and it'll look absolutely repulsive. Buy a new guard. Don't waste your time.

I cannot think of many different colours or shades for a pickguard that wouldn't look like shit anyway.
Quote by Axelfox
Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
I also have to do that. Cottaging this weekend
Last edited by T00DEEPBLUE at Apr 23, 2015,
Take it off, buy another one or cut a shape yourself.
Quote by zgr0826
My culture is worthless and absolutely inferior to the almighty Leaf.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
I just take mine off my LPs
Gibson LP Traditional, LP GT, LP Studio, SG Standard x2
Barber Tone Press > EHX Worm >TC Polytune > EXH Glove > EHX East River Drive > Zoom G3 > TC Spark Mini Booster
EVH 5150 III LBXII
Jet City JCA22H
My SoundCloud
My LP's have had no pick guard since 1998, they are just tacky
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
as much as I hate les pauls and everything to do with gibson there is a website called axetremecreations that has some really cool ones

i used to sell pickguards and was going to give some tips how to fill the holes and all that as that is the only reason I'm chiming in but yeah.. check it out. I'd try painting a cheap ebay one or a scrap piece of wood / cardboard until you get the right design

this is the site
http://axetremecreations.com/
I'd probably do this.

Or...

Wammiworld has a brass one.

Someone I saw actually had a steel one. I'd probably take one of those two and have a good gun engraver go at it, ala the Zemaitis and Teve guitars.
Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Replace it with another LP pickguard. There's so many options online that repainting an existing one is pretty much completely pointless.

And given the purpose of a pickguard is to protect the guitar from scratches, then the scratches will eventually wear the paint off and it'll look absolutely repulsive. Buy a new guard. Don't waste your time.

I cannot think of many different colours or shades for a pickguard that wouldn't look like shit anyway.

Nah, not pointless.
Just paint it on the underside.

I did something similar to mine:

I used a thermal transfer to get the design on there then found a paint color that matched the original pickguard color as close as I could.
See my PCB tutorial about thermal transfer. It did take me about 3 - 4 tries to get it right on this though.
Quote by dspellman
I'd probably do this.

That's some cool customisation, but with a natural finish as nice as that guitar has I don't think I'd have wanted to cover it up!!
Gibson LP Traditional, LP GT, LP Studio, SG Standard x2
Barber Tone Press > EHX Worm >TC Polytune > EXH Glove > EHX East River Drive > Zoom G3 > TC Spark Mini Booster
EVH 5150 III LBXII
Jet City JCA22H
My SoundCloud
Quote by GaryBillington
That's some cool customisation, but with a natural finish as nice as that guitar has I don't think I'd have wanted to cover it up!!

Meh. Brown guitars are everywhere.
This was obviously the work of someone bored with a plain brown guitar.
BTW, there's also transit vinyl. This stuff covers buses, cars, etc., and is extremely tough. You can have virtually anything printed on it, cover your pick guard, use it until you get bored with it (or spray some clear on it and make it permanent) and then peel it off and put something else on it.

Very inexpensive. Friend of mine has a complete axe wrap (his whole strat is covered in this stuff under the pick guard) done to look like an old, beaten-to-shit relic (underneath is, I dunno, plain black or red or white...).
Last edited by dspellman at Apr 25, 2015,