Hi. I'm looking to buy a tremolo pedal, and I'm wanting some opinions. I dont want to spend much, probably no more than 80. Ive looked used and I've found a Boss tr2, and the Voodoo labs 2 knob tremolo. Which is better of these two? I know the boss is well reviewed, but there isn't much about the voodoo labs.

Thanks
Peavey Classic 30
PRS SE Custom Semi-Hollow
+some pedals
i haven't tried the voodoo labs but their pedals are normally pretty well-regarded.

the boss one is very good- but if you're going used, try to get one of the newer ones. the older ones had a volume drop (mine does ), but i think they fixed that recently-ish. Not sure exactly when, but I'm sure if you did some googling you could maybe find out exactly which serial number the fixed ones started with.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Okay, thanks. When you say it has a volume drop, how much is it? Is it significant, or just minor?
Peavey Classic 30
PRS SE Custom Semi-Hollow
+some pedals
I have the Voodoo and it is fantastic. I think you might look at some of the other options out there, like combo pedals, I know I really liked the Line6 MM4 when I heard it and it covers a lot more ground.
Not that the Voodoolabs is bad, it is a fantastic piece of gear, simple, sounds good and is built like a tank.
I like my voodoo labs proctavia and micro vibe. I would get the 4 knob tremolo though.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
the older TR2 volume drop is noticable, pretty unpleasant. can be modified to have a volume knob on them. if it's a newer model then theyre solid.
mojostompboxes.com
^ Yeah it's pretty noticeable. I toyed with the idea of getting it fixed, but I have a more or less clean boost on my board anyway so I just use that, since I don't use tremolo all that much.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?