Hey everyone, so I have an Ibanez RG for my guitar. got it because it looked cool and it was cheap for a lefty guitar. I have a Vox wah, keeley modded ds1, TS9, EHX Big Muff W/ Tone Wicker (it was a good deal so i got it), a MXR univibe and a boss superchorus. I am currently playing with a Marshall DSL 15c, which i got because when i first started playing i was convinced Marshall was the sound i wanted. but i find that it doesn't take the Muff or the ds1 well, which sucks because i like the sound that they offer, especially the ds1 (tried them both into my friends fender Blues Jr). The Marshall also doesn't offer the clean I want either. I was wanting to know how other people might think a Vox ac15 will take these pedal (or others). Should i just get a Blues Jr? I play a mix but tend to stick more towards alternative and idie rock. Something like the Pixies, but im also into grunge, like AIC or Nirvana.
Any ideas?
Thanks
did you like the blues junior?

i think voxes are also considered to take pedals pretty well but i don't have much experience with them. a lot of people say a rat sounds great with a vox, and a crowther hotcake, but that might be the ac30 rather than the ac15.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
i used to have an AC15 and it was pretty solid for pedals yeh. i'd take that over a blues jr cause i like my fenders to be higher watt clean amps.
mojostompboxes.com
i have played AC15 and AC30's and they took OD's well.

overall, the blues jr. is kind of average and bland. i would go for the vox or a different fender. blues jr.'s aren't overly great at anything nor good at any one thing.

i like the peavey classic series a lot, they are a bit different, but they are worth a demo.

i would probably go for the AC though of the amps i listed above.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
Good tubes and a speaker upgrade may make a world of difference. Taking the ds1 and one of the chorus type pedals outta the chain may make a good difference too. Perhaps you'd prefer an AC15, nothing wrong with that, just taking the other side. Keeley modded or not, not many amps are gonna be too impressive with a ds1 in front unless you're going for that DS1 sound. It's not exactly a versatile pedal. It would be just as easy to make an AC15 sound bad with a DS1.

Again though, not saying you wouldn't prefer the Vox. Personally I'd take the AC15 over the DSL15, but all may not be lost with the DSL, it can be improved a lil.
Fender Mustang/Derfenstein DST> Boss Power Wah> Pedal Monsters Klone> Bogner Uberschall> Walrus Audio Janus> Randall RM20> Line 6 M9> Randall RM20
I liked the blues jr. He had, but it was modded and he replaced the standard speaker with a vintage 30. I just want good clean head room. The bands I play in require that, and to be able to go to the ds1 for my distortion and ts9 for my OD would be ideal. I've heard the ac15 doesn't take to the ts9 very well.
Quote by lucky1978
Good tubes and a speaker upgrade may make a world of difference. Taking the ds1 and one of the chorus type pedals outta the chain may make a good difference too. Perhaps you'd prefer an AC15, nothing wrong with that, just taking the other side. Keeley modded or not, not many amps are gonna be too impressive with a ds1 in front unless you're going for that DS1 sound. It's not exactly a versatile pedal. It would be just as easy to make an AC15 sound bad with a DS1.

Again though, not saying you wouldn't prefer the Vox. Personally I'd take the AC15 over the DSL15, but all may not be lost with the DSL, it can be improved a lil.

I do like the sound of the ds1. The big muff might have to go, or I'll get the USA, or whatever. I like the DSL, but I'd rather invest improving something with clean headroom
yeah the ts is pretty middy and voxes are pretty middy (i don't have a vox but i have a genz benz black pearl which i think is fairly voxy). funnily enough the ds1 actually sounds pretty good with it because it's scooped. so if you like it that's not all that surprising. there's no point in spending money for the sake of it.

if the tubescreamer is too middy something more transparent like a timmy etc. might be a better idea.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
I think you might be better off staying on the Marshall with maybe an extension speaker or speaker upgrade, although it sounds like you're more a Plexi man than a modern Marshall.
So here are a few suggestions:
The Orange line will be great for what you want to do, Tiny Terror or up, maybe Rockerverb if you can afford.
Traynor Blue would also be perfect.
From Marshall you can try the Bluesbreaker line, which in affordable lingo is the Class5.