What do you guys think about them? I've really heard some great things. I can get one right now for $250 and it comes with a hardshell. If it's in good condition should I go for it? The basswood body scares me a bit but I know Ibanez uses basswood on a lot of their guitars.
Quote by Roc8995
Yes, and people still got polio and you had to crank your car up by hand and put whale oil in the lamps every night.

Things are better now.

Quote by dannyalcatraz
Style is in the hands. Taste is in the hands. But tone? Tone is in the gear.
Quote by AcousticMirror
the older japanese ones are great guitars.

+1 if it is mij and in good shape, I would scoop it up.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
What if it's the yellow 20th anniversary? Cause he only called it an RG550. I don't know TOO much about Ibanez honestly.
Quote by Roc8995
Yes, and people still got polio and you had to crank your car up by hand and put whale oil in the lamps every night.

Things are better now.

Quote by dannyalcatraz
Quote by GraceByDeath
What if it's the yellow 20th anniversary? Cause he only called it an RG550. I don't know TOO much about Ibanez honestly.

get the serial number, and see what exactly it is. the bridge on it is of the most concern.I do have a hard time imagining that if it is in good shape and mij it being not worth $250 with a case.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
Quote by trashedlostfdup
get the serial number, and see what exactly it is. the bridge on it is of the most concern.I do have a hard time imagining that if it is in good shape and mij it being not worth $250 with a case.

I agree. He's sending pics tomorrow. Might go and see it tomorrow as well. Hoping this works out. Also. Any idea how this guitar stock will handle modern metal tones? Bullet For My Valentine is my number 1 influence but this guitar should handle it fine right? I'm assuming so. Yeahhh it'll be fine...
Quote by Roc8995

Things are better now.

Quote by dannyalcatraz
if it's one of the ones from the late 80's /early 90's I'd jump on it. if that's the type of guitar you like. I had one and it was phenominal. the basswood bodies on those sound really REALLY good(high quality basswood is GREAT and unique sounding. it's the low quality guitars made of 15 pieces of glued together scrap basswood that give it a bad rap!) . nothing to worry about
Last edited by trashbeast at Apr 24, 2015,
250 is a very good price. Get it! Great guitar.
Hufschmid
Blackat
Washburn USA Custom Shop
PRS
Mayones
Orange
Diezel
Engl
Yeahhh I'm pretty sure I'm jumping on it. Making an offer, and trying to meet today. Hopefully a NGD coming! Only questionable thing for me about liking the guitar so far is that it's YELLOW. Kinda out there for me, but it's got an awesome 80's thing goin on yaknow? Why not.
Quote by Roc8995

Things are better now.

Quote by dannyalcatraz
basswood is great for that type of guitar no reason to be nervous. good deal for that price.
The yellow ones are pretty sought after, unless it's been absolutely destroyed its well worth it.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
Quote by GraceByDeath
What do you guys think about them? I've really heard some great things. I can get one right now for $250 and it comes with a hardshell. If it's in good condition should I go for it? The basswood body scares me a bit but I know Ibanez uses basswood on a lot of their guitars.

Basswood should have nothing whatever to do with scaring you. It's a pretty decent wood that's gotten an ill-deserved reputation because someone started using it on cheap guitars.
Quote by dspellman
Basswood should have nothing whatever to do with scaring you. It's a pretty decent wood that's gotten an ill-deserved reputation because someone started using it on cheap guitars.

Agreed, if John Suhr thinks it's a good tonewood I'm inclined to agree.
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
Well guys. He hasn't responded to anything I've sent him today. Maybe he's at work? Maybe he's sold it? Either way, I'm bummed out...
Quote by Roc8995

Things are better now.

Quote by dannyalcatraz