Looks to me like this Fender Custom Shop model. http://natenablog.blogspot.com/2011/07/fender-custom-shop-1960-relic.html

I've found some American made versions in Fiesta Red with matching Headstock but not the 60's Replica. Alright...I can't find an exact match...I give. I found some INCREDIBLY close one's though.
Quote by Roc8995
Yes, and people still got polio and you had to crank your car up by hand and put whale oil in the lamps every night.

Things are better now.

Quote by dannyalcatraz
Style is in the hands. Taste is in the hands. But tone? Tone is in the gear.
Last edited by GraceByDeath at Apr 25, 2015,
Can you try it out first? I mean it may not be the guitar he says but that doesn't mean its not a nice guitar.
this guitar seems pretty iffy to me. the serial number isn't correct for a 60th ann. strat. the paint job on the headstock covers what may or may not be the correct trussrod plug. no made in mexico on guitar either.
Yeah I agree, that's kind of shifty. I think it was done up to look like a 60th Anniversary guitar but IIRC they never had one MIM with matching headstock.
Quote by zgr0826
My culture is worthless and absolutely inferior to the almighty Leaf.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
Yeah I agree, that's kind of shifty. I think it was done up to look like a 60th Anniversary guitar but IIRC they never had one MIM with matching headstock.

So do you think I should not even bother with it?
not sure what the price of MIM strats is whee you are but here in the states that would be a really overpriced guitar. if you can go check it out in person then it might be worth a look but i'd ask ?s cuz it is kinda suspicious. it may be an FSR (that means a special run guitar) but it's not hwat he claims.
I think it might be an FSR Stratocaster with some swapped guards and hardware so it looks like a Custom Shop 60 Anni version. If that's the case, then I think the price is a little high. Especially if he dumped the original hardware.

This guitar looks very similar, but the shit on the back is in different places.

http://www.mylespaul.com/forums/fender/335473-any-info-60th-anniversary-mim.html

Hopefully some people more versed in Fenders can help out a bit more. For now though, I would be wary and maybe ask the seller for more info (where he bought it, what the actual model is, if he has the receipts) etc...

Personally though, seems like a bit of a mutt and its overpriced to boot. I wouldn't consider it.
Quote by zgr0826

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
Last edited by H4T3BR33D3R at Apr 25, 2015,
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
I think it might be an FSR Stratocaster with some swapped guards and hardware so it looks like a Custom Shop 60 Anni version. If that's the case, then I think the price is a little high. Especially if he dumped the original hardware.

This guitar looks very similar, but the shit on the back is in different places.

http://www.mylespaul.com/forums/fender/335473-any-info-60th-anniversary-mim.html

Hopefully some people more versed in Fenders can help out a bit more. For now though, I would be wary and maybe ask the seller for more info (where he bought it, what the actual model is, if he has the receipts) etc...

Personally though, seems like a bit of a mutt and its overpriced to boot. I wouldn't consider it.

hmm.... yeah things don't match. ok i see you're in canada so no that price is way to high. still iffy on what exactly it is.
Quote by monwobobbo
hmm.... yeah things don't match. ok i see you're in canada so no that price is way to high. still iffy on what exactly it is.

Yeah, looks like TS is from my neck of the woods too. Price is for sure way too high. That's the only thing about this guitar that can't be disputed.
Quote by zgr0826

Quote by JustRooster
I was planning on negotiating the price or doing a trade with the guy so that part is not the issue. I have been digging through the internet and cant seem to find anything on this thing.
I would pass.
Quote by zgr0826

Quote by JustRooster
Quote by StaticBacon
I just checked the serial number on the back of the headstock and it was made in the Ensenada plant in Mexico between the years 2006 and 2007.

http://www.guitardaterproject.org/fender.aspx

I don't know if this matches up with what its supposed to be but seems legit to me.

Did you read the disclaimer....

The Guitardater Project cannot verify the authenticity of ANY Guitar, this site is simply meant as a tool to satisfy the curiosity of guitar enthusiasts. This website possesses NO DATABASE of guitars made by manufactures, instead simple serial code patterns that are available on this site and in the wider guitar community are used. It follows that potential scammers can use this knowledge to try to trick unsuspecting buyers. If you have any doubts as to a guitars’ authenticity please contact the guitar manufacturer before your purchase.
Regards,
Quote by supertastydonut
The closest ones I find always have a humbucker.

it's really easy to swap out the pickguard on strats. the routing is the same on all of them which means humbucker in bridge. if you take the pickguard off of an SSS strat it will have room for a humbucker. someone may have just converted it to an SSS setup. clearly the knobs on it aren't original.
Yeah I think that's safe. MIM Strats pop up often on the Ottawa Kijiji anyway so you'll find others.
Quote by zgr0826

Quote by JustRooster
Quote by supertastydonut
Yeah this is too iffy i'm going to pass on this.

It's an "anniversary" Strat... Or one made to look like one... there will be other anniversary Strats and numerous "hard to come" by models put out by fender. I think you made a good choice.