I am going to put my neck humbucker on my Les Paul out of phase, and I don't know the best way to flip the magnet. Its a 490r.

if I flip the magnet do I have to do anything to get out of phase? Do I have swap the wires? Do I have to actually rotate the humbucker as well?
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
I already told you that you dont need to flip the pickup. Just the magnet.

Unscrew the 4 screws that hold the coils in place a bit (Enough that you can pull the magnet out) flip it, put it back in and youre done.
Quote by zgr0826
My culture is worthless and absolutely inferior to the almighty Leaf.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
Quote by trashedlostfdup
Do I have swap the wires? Do I have to actually rotate the humbucker as well?

Either flip the magnet or switch the wires. Doing both will cancel out the effect, as I understand it.

And no, you don't need to flip the humbucker, but if you do it won't do any harm (nor make any other meaningful difference). If you want the Peter Green/Gary Moore vibe, then do it; if you just want the out-of-phase middle position, then don't unless you like the look.
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
Youre officially uber shit now.

Quote by StewieSwan
3d9310rd is far more upset than i 

Quote by Bladez22
I'm a moron tho apparently and everyone should listen to you oh wise pretentious one
Quote by trashedlostfdup
I am going to put my neck humbucker on my Les Paul out of phase, and I don't know the best way to flip the magnet. Its a 490r.

if I flip the magnet do I have to do anything to get out of phase? Do I have swap the wires? Do I have to actually rotate the humbucker as well?

Get this (courtesy of Min):

Free-Way 6-position Toggle Switch

A whole new dimension in pickup switching for electric guitars.

When you first play a guitar with a Free-Way Switch, you might not even realise it is there - the guitar doesn't look any different and the pickup selector feels just like a normal 3-way toggle giving Neck/Both/Bridge selections.

It's only when you realise that the Free-Way Switch also moves into another three forward positions that you understand what the Free-Way is all about:-

A whole new dimension in natural tone - coil tap; phase; piezo; series; parallel... you decide! Fast, intuitive switching - all in one familiar place so it's easy to understand and use. Classic looks – completely maintains the authentic design, appearance and condition of any guitar.

all done! i love it. i never liked the normal middle position, now i have something cool to mess around with. from beginning to end it took around an hour and a half, i had to wait for my wife to bring over a hair drier from the house, i oiled the fretboard and polished the frets a little bit. the magnet was in there pretty good, i had a hard time getting it separated, there was lots of wax in there.

it was fun and well worth it. i can't wait to get it out gigging one of the next few weeks.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/