Check out my new amp JCA20HV Vintage model.

I've always wanted to pick up a jet city since it seems like such a great idea. Provide a quality product that the regular working man can afford. Not sure why Marshall never considered this, correct me if I am mistaken, but it probably comes down to money like everything does.

so I got the lower gain b/c I think it should work well with a zoom g3x and I want something a bit more portable for traveling back and fourth between rehearsals.

The Vintage model has three 12AX7 and Two EL84 tubes and I plan to just swap out the chinese stuff with JJ's to begin with but may change the pre amp tubes to Mullard eventually.

Damn that thing is cute!

Any dope sound clips for us?
Fender MIM Strat HSS (DiMarzio Crunch Lab)
Peavey 6505+ 112

If you want, I can mix/master your tracks for free just so I can practice and who knows, maybe you'll love what you hear! Hit me up.
Quote by BV-95
Damn that thing is cute!

Any dope sound clips for us?

No I don't want to offend your ears with my horrible skills

But really it sounds exactly like the clips on youtube. It's sort of hollow in the middle, if that makes any sense. That's in no way a complaint because it's awesome. Just not too good at describing sound.
Congrats man. Solid amp!

I found JJ's to be much, much too dark sounding in my JCA50H. I ended up pulling them back out, and sticking Tung-Sols in there.

The Chinese tubes actually sound really good. The PT's not so much. I did like the JJ 6L6's I put in there tho.
Guitars:
PRS Custom 24
Gibson Les Paul 60's Tribute
85' MIJ Strat
97' Snakepit Les Paul
LP Traditional 1960 Zebra
MIJ Tele
MIA Strat

Amps:
Silver Jubilee 2525
Peavey Ultra 112
Jet City JCA50H
66' Bassman
Pink Paisley Princeton RV
74' Vibro Champ
IIRC the lower gain model uses the crunch channel from the higher gain JCAs (instead of the OD channel). I love that channel and I use it it more with my JCA50 than I do the OD channel. It's got that vintagy Marshall tone that really rips with an OD. Without an OD, it's got classic rock written all over it.

HNAD!
Gear:

Squier Strat
Epiphone Explorer
Agile AL-3100

No AMP
Quote by red.guitar
Congrats man. Solid amp!

I found JJ's to be much, much too dark sounding in my JCA50H. I ended up pulling them back out, and sticking Tung-Sols in there.

The Chinese tubes actually sound really good. The PT's not so much. I did like the JJ 6L6's I put in there tho.

Ya dude - the chinese tubes were sounding great in my TH-30, at home but when I went to crank it seemed too harsh so I changed to JJ. Sort of confusing.
Quote by Marrowoflife
I've always wanted to pick up a jet city since it seems like such a great idea. Provide a quality product that the regular working man can afford. Not sure why Marshall never considered this, correct me if I am mistaken, but it probably comes down to money like everything does.

Man if I had an applause smiley...

Well good for you man, the thing sure as hell looks very nice, and I'm sure my impression is reflected in the sound of it.

Definitely have fun with it!
Name's Luca.

Quote by OliOsbourne
I don't know anything about this topic, but I just clicked on this thread because of your username :O
Quote by Cajundaddy
Clue: amplifiers amplify so don't turn it on if you need quiet.
Quote by chrismendiola
I guess spambots are now capable of reading minds.
There seems to be a huge gap in their offerings which is weird from a business perspective. There can be very hidden reasons so who can say? Even if you work for a huge company you can't really get that type of information from the deciders.
Quote by Marrowoflife
There seems to be a huge gap in their offerings which is weird from a business perspective. There can be very hidden reasons so who can say? Even if you work for a huge company you can't really get that type of information from the deciders.

I thought the DSL was their mid-range line that a lot of people liked?

I don't think marshall is completely without good midrange amps. Can't you get a JCM900 head used for like, what 500ish bucks?
Fender MIM Strat HSS (DiMarzio Crunch Lab)
Peavey 6505+ 112

If you want, I can mix/master your tracks for free just so I can practice and who knows, maybe you'll love what you hear! Hit me up.
That amplifier definitely reminds me of the look of the old Sunn Solarus amp. HNAD! Crank it!
"Maybe this world is another planet's hell?" - Aldous Huxley
Quote by BV-95
I thought the DSL was their mid-range line that a lot of people liked?

I don't think marshall is completely without good midrange amps. Can't you get a JCM900 head used for like, what 500ish bucks?

Ya - I got my DSL50 last year at this exact same time. Thanks GG&A for advice, but that was used for around $500. I'm no expert on the matter but it just sort of seems like they have a high end and a very low end. Sorry not trying to stir sh t up. Just a random thought.
sweet
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by red.guitar
Congrats man. Solid amp!

He was talking about EL84's. For EL84's, JJ are the only way to go unless you go NOS.

HNAD
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
Quote by evmac
IIRC the lower gain model uses the crunch channel from the higher gain JCAs (instead of the OD channel). I love that channel and I use it it more with my JCA50 than I do the OD channel. It's got that vintagy Marshall tone that really rips with an OD. Without an OD, it's got classic rock written all over it.

HNAD!

The JCA20h is based on the Astroverb, the JCA5212 is based on the Lucky 13 and all the rest are based on the HRA+
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
Nice! Congrats on becoming a Jet Citizen
ZEN JUDDHISM
The new solo project, and spiritual philosophy... Album out now !
----------------------------------------------------------
hybrid 6.0
Debut album 'Silent Destruction' out now
Read the Two Guys Metal review here