Page 1 of 1009

This is the thread for ALL gaming. Console gaming, PC gaming, Online gaming.
Is it considered video game related? It goes here.

RULE #23 of the GT - Anything you say can and probably will be turned in to some kind Wii bashing.

RULE #57 of the GT - No one is allowed to post a negative article/link about a game/company/etc that the person dislikes, unless said person has either A. Posted (at least) two positive articles about the aforementioned game/company/etc. or B. Confessed his or her undying love for previously mentioned game/company/etc immediately prior to posting the negative news.

FISHYNOTICE - Please refrain from quoting pictures that other people have posted. It'll keep things speedy. Simply refer to the picture you're talking about, and then make your comment.

2. Also: DO YOUR BEST to not post spoilers. Use personal judgment, it isn't hard to figure out. SPOILER TAGS!

And of course, respect the opinion of everyone.

In the posts below I will be putting up everyone's gaming ID's (including Steam).

If you're not listed, please post your ID in the same format as those in the list, or send me a PM and I will add you as soon as I can. You also might wanna say which games you are playing online, and I'll put those up next to your name.

And if you play World Of Warcraft, THIS is the group for you: http://groups.ultimate-guitar.com/worldofwarcraft

Gaming FAQ
Thanks to Metacarpi for helping with this

What console should I get?!?!
The best thing you can do is to take a look at existing and upcoming EXCLUSIVE titles for both systems, and see which ones you’d like to play more. At the end of the day, you’re buying the console for your own enjoyment, and it’s a lot of money to spend, so spend it on what you want, not what might be perceived as “cool”!
If you are looking at getting a new console, but don’t really know what to expect from each of them, just scroll down to the console guide below. It will give you some of the basic facts, and can probably answer a few of your questions. For more in-depth thoughts and opinion, just post in the thread.

Is Game X Better Than Game Y?
Yes. And No. Depends on who you ask. Every game has it’s fans and it’s detractors, so there’s no right answer (although if a lot of people are saying Game Y sucks, then the chances are Game X would be a better choice!). Gaming is subjective! One man's trash is another man's treasure!

Do I Need a HDTV To Play My New Console?
No, you certainly don’t NEED a HDTV to enjoy your gaming console; they are both compatible with regular TV’s. However, if you want to get the most out of the graphical capabilities of your console, you may want to consider investing in a monster telly! It really makes it look a whole lot better! You can also plug your console to a computer screen, if you have one that supports HD resolution, but you need the right cables and the right inputs on your graphics card for it.

Is This The Right Place To Talk About This?
If it has any relevance AT ALL to gaming, gaming platforms, games, gaming hardware, accessories etc, then this is the place to discuss it!!

So come on in, you’ll find us a friendly bunch, eager to help and discuss all aspects of gaming! One word of warning though, if you get sucked in, you may find it hard to escape!

XBOX 360 Gamertags - -Link

PSN ID's - Link

Wii, Steam, Misc - - Link

Quote by Ichikurosaki
sloth is hacking away feebly at the grass because he is a sloth but he was trying so hard ;_; hes all "penguin im HERE i am here to help you penguin"
Last edited by Demon Wolf at Apr 27, 2015,
Quote by CrossBack7
Both the Play Store and App Store are curated. Yeah, both have some shit, but you're not going to get completely useless garbage on them for the most part.

Plus the discussion boards for paid mods are locked until you buy the mod, so you can't even see what people are saying about it.

Not really sure where you got that information but both parts of that are wrong.

Quote by EndTheRapture51
I've made about 5 x 5 paragraph long posts on the problems of paying for mods, go back in the thread to read them to get an overview of why people are mad.

Also if you're not an avid modder like I am then you probably might not understand why it is such a bad thing.

A series of posts that basically boil down to 'the community doesn't need this change, mods shouldn't be something you pay for because I am entitled to free things'
Quote by Hal-Sephira

We all have the rights to be mad

So does you
i... thought i was doing it

title is The Gaming Thread 2.0 - HD Remaster Edition

Quote by Ichikurosaki
sloth is hacking away feebly at the grass because he is a sloth but he was trying so hard ;_; hes all "penguin im HERE i am here to help you penguin"
Go get some fresh air guys.

btw this should have been your OP

Quote by SGstriker
If KFC is finger-licking good, then people would probably suck dicks for Popeyes. That's how good it is.

There's nothing left here to be saved
Just barreling dogs and barking trains
Another year lost to the blue line
Last edited by Joshua Garcia at Apr 25, 2015,
Quote by Demon Wolf
i... thought i was doing it

title is The Gaming Thread 2.0 - HD Remaster Edition

Sorry, nobody made me aware of this in the dying pages of the thread
Hey, look. Sigs are back.
i've only done every one since 3 ;_;
Quote by Ichikurosaki
FIRST PAGE!

I'll put something witty here later.

EDIT: Wait what the ****? Why is DW not OP?
Quote by MakinLattes
I'd kill you and wear your skin.
Quote by Siv During Livh
To attempt to have intercourse with a hornet's nest is a very bad idea,

Voted UG's worst cross dresser.
Also voted #95 on UG's Top 100 2013. Like it means anything....
ayyyy

dg delete this and let dw do it you bully
dirtbag ballet by the bins down the alley
as i walk through the chalet of the shadow of death
everything that you've come to expect

I'm just here to suggest a name

The Gaming Thread XI: We Still Live In Our Parent's Basement

Quote by Pastafarian96
I an evety characyer in this story
all the gamertags I've been painstakingly gathering through the years

people PM me 24/7 man I had a secretary employed for a while that only dealt with requests to get in OP
Quote by Ichikurosaki
Quote by soundgarden1986
right

this is worse than having to pay for mods

At least give him 25%.
[img]http://i.imgur.com/LYZyCdp.gif[/img]

Quote by CrossBack7
Momie's like not even a real person, just an asian, lesbian spirit.
It's ok... I 'remastered' an old thread. Demon Wolf came back to the future for his HD re-release...

I think I managed to fix your despair... worship my m0dskillz plz >.>
Quote by Ichikurosaki
I have a feeling it unsubscribed people when I merged the threads... Or not, I dunno it worked anyway.
pretty clever br0

Quote by Demon Wolf
Europa Universalis, Hearts Of Iron

games so deep you need a goddamn diving bell to even attempt to understand half of em

They're not that bad D:

Oddly enough though, the wikis are useless so you have to figure a lot of things out yourself.
Quote by Hal-Sephira

So does you
Quote by Victory2134
They're not that bad D:

Oddly enough though, the wikis are useless so you have to figure a lot of things out yourself.

Yeah it's not bad once you've put some effort in, but some things I still don't have any idea of what they do, after hundreds of hours

The tutorials are also crap
Quote by Ichikurosaki
Gaming Thread V.whatever, 90% is still going to be broken record talk of MGS and "lol my $1200 pc can't run this game on medium"
Quote by Demon Wolf
Yeah it's not bad once you've put some effort in, but some things I still don't have any idea of what they do, after hundreds of hours

The tutorials are also crap

I forgot the tutorial was even a thing lol

Yeah the tutorial is useless, you might as well not even play it.
Quote by Hal-Sephira

So does you
Quote by Wormholes
Gaming Thread V.whatever, 90% is still going to be broken record talk of MGS and "lol my $1200 pc can't run this game on medium"

jump scares horror or not
half life 2 overrated?
mods - free or not
the last guardian - does it exist
nuts & bolts- best racing game or best racing game
Quote by Ichikurosaki
I kinda know what I'm doing with CK2, although I have yet to figure out how to own places through marriage and murder. I just use my army.

Quote by Gaz_m2k5
I'm so damn confused right now.

i wasn't OP then DG went back to 2012 to make me OP and brought it back to present day so we're technically clear except we're using previously made assets so we're in kind of a grey zone here if we can charge for it or not

Quote by Trowzaa
I kinda know what I'm doing with CK2, although I have yet to figure out how to own places through marriage and murder. I just use my army.

That's my strategy too. In all strategy games you always get these hints of "DIPLOMACY IS A VALID OPTION" and no, no no and no again, the only valid option is MY ARMY AND WORLD DOMINATION
Quote by Ichikurosaki
So we got a new thread. May as well get this discussion out of the way early..

HL2 greatest game ever or what?
Quote by MetalGS3SE
This is the best idea I have ever heard. Ever.

Naedauuf for president people.

Quote by Demon Wolf
half life 2 overrated?
mods - free or not

I would prefer that grundy guy faking a whole cancer thing but with higher resolutions and updated textures.
Quote by Gaz_m2k5
I would prefer that grundy guy faking a whole cancer thing but with higher resolutions and updated textures.

RIP Grundy
Quote by Ichikurosaki
dead thread

Quote by Demon Wolf
half life 2 overrated?
mods - free or not

-Jump scares are the fart jokes of horror
-half life 2 is overrated but still a fantastic game
-the last guardian is dead (I'm 90% positive)
- i never played nuts and bolts
um.. first?

is this place real
Quote by ErikLensherr
Did you hear about the cockney Godfather?

He made them an offer they couldn't understand.
Let's talk about how brilliant Xenoblade X looks and how I hate that it is on WiiU cuz i dun have one

Quote by Trowzaa
dead thread

Dead thread redemption lololololol
Quote by Ichikurosaki
I still haven't finished the first Xenoblade yet...

Thinking about dumping my Wii save and finishing it in Dolphin.

But I really hate Shulk in Smash 4 so IDK...
Quote by MakinLattes
I'd kill you and wear your skin.
Quote by Siv During Livh
To attempt to have intercourse with a hornet's nest is a very bad idea,

Voted UG's worst cross dresser.
Also voted #95 on UG's Top 100 2013. Like it means anything....
Quote by Demon Wolf
That's my strategy too. In all strategy games you always get these hints of "DIPLOMACY IS A VALID OPTION" and no, no no and no again, the only valid option is MY ARMY AND WORLD DOMINATION

> Playing as austria in EU4
> Have 4 personal unions
> Burgundy, Sweden, Lithuania, Hungary

There is no better feeling.
Quote by Hal-Sephira

So does you
Quote by Victory2134
Not really sure where you got that information but both parts of that are wrong.

A series of posts that basically boil down to 'the community doesn't need this change, mods shouldn't be something you pay for because I am entitled to free things'

? The majority of the App Store is curated. You can literally just google this to figure it out. Android market is less centralized, but Google Play is still curated. All the terrible shit is pushed so far to the bottom that you're never going to find it unless you very specifically search for it.

And what? What you get when you try to view the discussion board for a paid mod you don't own:

>Vic

Like I said, their implementation has been garbage. Idgaf about having to pay for them cause good games don't need mods.
Quote by Trowzaa

You gotta learn how to marry off your daughters in a matrilineal way, then make her son your heir. Usually by killing a kid or two of your own so he's first in line for succession for both your kingdom and the one you married your daughter off to.

Selling the marriage is the tough part though.