I'm having issues with editing my video. What I'm trying to do is a guitar cover with the screen split and me on both sides playing both parts to the song. I filmed one, then immediately without touching any of the camera/tripod, lights or seats, moved over to the other seat and filmed the other one, and everything lines up seamlessly. The problem is for some reason one video is lighter than the other so you can tell where the screen is split.

Anyone know why this is happening? I'm using VSDC for the editing software.

Thanks
Were there any windows in the vicinity?

If your software has the option you could simply take up a histogram and reduce the brighter lights a bit.
Name's Luca.

Quote by OliOsbourne
I don't know anything about this topic, but I just clicked on this thread because of your username :O
Quote by Cajundaddy
Clue: amplifiers amplify so don't turn it on if you need quiet.
Quote by chrismendiola
I guess spambots are now capable of reading minds.
Yeah but the windows were closed. I actually thought that was the issue the first time I tried it because I had the windows open but with them closed and directional lights it still happened. But yeah, if I play with the coloring tint and lightness and whatnot I can get it pretty close but I'd prefer to not have to do that every time which is why I was hoping to find the cause rather than a workaround :/
Then I'm guessing it's a matter of camera settings.

Next time I'd set the camera to fixed ISO, aperture and exposure compensation and leave it that way.

If you did that already and you still have had problems you may try leaving the camera in the same position you put it last time and keep it recording continuously for a couple hours and see if something changes or all the parameters are still.

If everything's still the best workaround I see is to keep the camera recording between takes - you'll have a bit more editing to do but the clips will all look the same.

If something changes then some parameters aren't fixed and you need to read your camera's instruction manual.
Name's Luca.

Quote by OliOsbourne
I don't know anything about this topic, but I just clicked on this thread because of your username :O
Quote by Cajundaddy
Clue: amplifiers amplify so don't turn it on if you need quiet.
Quote by chrismendiola
I guess spambots are now capable of reading minds.