Hey all!

So a bit of background: I'm out of town on business for a few days so I decided to bring my laptop, guitar and soundcard to do some recording.

However, being the idiot that I am, I forgot to bring a guitar cable. F*CK!!!!

Since I'm in a small town, there are no music shops close by. However there are some electronics stores like radio shack, circuit city etc.

As it happend, I have a 1/8 to 1/8 stereo cable (that I use to play mp3s from my phone in my car)

Supposing I bought two 1/8 to 1/4 adapters and used that to plug my guitar in my soundcard, would that work? All signs seem to point to yes but I'd rather get confirmation before heading to buy it (the store is far)

If it works, should I get mono or stereo?

Thanks!
It might. Radio Shack has guitar cords for $10 though. That might be better and cheaper than adapters.
http://www.radioshack.com/search?q=1%2F4%22+cable
"Your sound is in your hands as much as anything. It's the way you pick, and the way you hold the guitar, more than it is the amp or the guitar you use." -- Stevie Ray Vaughan

"Anybody can play. The note is only 20 percent. The attitude of the motherfucker who plays it is 80 percent." -- Miles Davis

Guthrie on tone: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zmohdG9lLqY
Last edited by Cajundaddy at Apr 26, 2015,
Yes that would work.
It doesn't matter if the adapter is mono or stereo in this situation.

There's no reason why an instrument cable would be better but it may be cheaper than adapters.

Your choice.
Name's Luca.

Quote by OliOsbourne
I don't know anything about this topic, but I just clicked on this thread because of your username :O
Quote by Cajundaddy
Clue: amplifiers amplify so don't turn it on if you need quiet.
Quote by chrismendiola
I guess spambots are now capable of reading minds.
it works indeed. The mom and pop store I went to didn't have any guitar cables. But I have enough of those at home anyways, now I'll have a few spare adaptors which might be useful in the long run.

Thanks!