I'm thinking of getting a new guitar (currently have Aria stg-006). Will it be a decent upgrade? I mean in terms of playability, etc. Or I can get a Line 6 spider IV 75W amp (I currently have Marshall mg cdr 10w). Which would be a worthy upgrade?
The ibanez rg420eg I'm getting is a second hand piece at around $400.
I'm looking for better and smoother playability. Or at least better sound.
amp first id say
I shouldn't post when drunk..

07 LTD MH400NT SD SH2/SH5
15 Jackson SLATHX-m 3-7 Slime green
Squier std tele (modded to hell)

Engl Powerball
Laney Ironheart 60h
Zilla Superfatboy 2x12 v30's

Pedals
Agreed with Carrot, if you're looking for better sound, but if you want better play-ability, the guitar will help. Guitar Center (if you're in U.S.) has RG420's for $200 used...
2014 Ibanez RG8
2013 Schecter Hellraiser
1999 Schecter Revenger 7
2007 LTD 'Monster' F
B.C. Rich KK Warlock
No-Name Acoustic
Spent loads buying different guitars and experimenting with pickups and pedals. That was when i was running through a Blackstar HT5 H and a zilla 2x12 with V30's. Turned out getting a 5150ii or my Powerball was the thing i needed the most.
I shouldn't post when drunk..

07 LTD MH400NT SD SH2/SH5
15 Jackson SLATHX-m 3-7 Slime green
Squier std tele (modded to hell)

Engl Powerball
Laney Ironheart 60h
Zilla Superfatboy 2x12 v30's

Pedals
Action on my current guitar sucks, so i was thinking a decent guitar would increase playability a lot since my current one is sub-par... Moreover, Marshall amps are considered to be good and i onl play in my room.
If it's this guitar omg is that ugly.

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/guitars/ibanez-rg420eg-electric-guitar

And that amps sucks. Marshall tube amps are great. Even some of the mid ranged SS ones are okay(avt or whatever); the mgs... Not at all. Spiders aren't much better. A guitar won't make either sound better. For $400 you could have gotten a good small tube combo.
Last edited by Wormholes at Apr 27, 2015,
RG420?

Roses are red
Violets are blue
Omae wa mou
Shindeiru

Quote by Axelfox
Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
Yea, you really need a new amp. No amount of expensive guitar will make an terrible speaker sound great. Terrible speakers can make YOU feel like you sound terrible even if you're playing pretty well. But you already bought the guitar. Save up for a decent amp.

I have a VOXAD30VT which I've had for years and that's a pretty decent beginner/practice amp for the cheap. You can get it $200 or maybe less used.
My gear
Ibanez RGA42E (6-string), Ibanez RG7421 (7-string w/Dimarzio Evo 7 and Ionizer), ESP LTD MH-50 w/floyd rose
Flashback Delay, Digitech RP1000
Marshall JCM2000 Dsl 100
Marshall 1960a W/ Eminence Governors and Patriot Red White Blues
Quote by Wormholes
If it's this guitar omg is that ugly.

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/guitars/ibanez-rg420eg-electric-guitar

And that amps sucks. Marshall tube amps are great. Even some of the mid ranged SS ones are okay(avt or whatever); the mgs... Not at all. Spiders aren't much better. A guitar won't make either sound better. For $400 you could have gotten a good small tube combo.

I got this color. Its having rough finish, any idea of how to clean it? I've tried thinner, cotton, toothbrush.