I'm planning to buy my first electric guitar. I like to play thrash metal stuff, heavy metal, but also some harder blues... Guy in shop told me to buy this.

http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/reviews/electric_guitars/cort/x-2/index.html

Well, I just need some advice if it's something better out there under 200 EUR.
Thanks for your responds.
P.S.: I will use LINE 6 Spider IV 30W.
Last edited by jozef2451 at Apr 26, 2015,
that looks ok but i'm sure there are better options to be had. i'd look used as that will stretch your budget farther. Line 6 if you must but if you haven't bought that yet i'd look for something better as well.
^ yeah a peavey vypyr, roland cube or something like that is normally a better choice than a spider (i haven't tried the vypyr )

dunno about used. if you're just new to playing i'd rather have a shop there to help me if i got stuck (unless you know someone who already plays who can help).

pacifica 112v is the usual choice for heavier stuff with versatility but it might be over budget.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by jozef2451
I'm planning to buy my first electric guitar. I like to play thrash metal stuff, heavy metal, but also some harder blues... Guy in shop told me to buy this.

http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/reviews/electric_guitars/cort/x-2/index.html

Well, I just need some advice if it's something better out there under 200 EUR.
Thanks for your responds.
P.S.: I will use LINE 6 Spider IV 30W.

I have one of those.

It was my second electric guitar. I wanted something with 24 frets and dual humbuckers, and this fit the bill.

It really is a nice guitar. If this is your first electric, I can say I would recommend it.
ESP RZK-1 Platinum Silver(x2)
ESP RZK-I Custom Shop Platinum Silver
ESP RZK-1 Black
ESP RZK-1 Olympic White
ESP RZK-1 Burnt
ESP RZK-II Burnt
ESP 901 See Through Red
ESP Eclipse I CTM Vintage Black
LTD EC 1000 Black Cherry
LTD EC 50 Black
I would prefer the peavey over the spider...i have played both for a longer time...

But the Line 6 Spider is not as bad as people say though.
If you haven't already purchased the spider, I'd advise getting something else. The guitar is a nice one to start on though.
Quote by Neopowell the PUSO
Girls, stuck for a present? Get your man a remote control helicopter. Guys fucking love remote control helicopters.

Mah gear

Ibanez RG350mdx w/ SD TB-6
Ibanez RG7321 <3
Vyper 15
Ashdown EB 12-180 EVO II Combo

7>6!
The Jackson JS12 Dinkys aren't bad either. Check them out!

And like the others say, get another amp if you haven't bought the Spider yet. Peavey Vypyr is a good way to go. I also like the Blackstar ID Core Series, but the Peavey would be probably better.
Thank you guys for your experience and recommendations. I haven't bought Spider yet. So I will look for Vypyr....

But there is one problem. I can't find shop that sells Peavy Vypyr 30W. I want to buy 30w (or something bigger) amplifier.
Fender Mustang II V2?
Last edited by jozef2451 at Apr 27, 2015,
Spider is not that bad, but only if you have a decent distortion pedal (in my experience).
Quote by jozef2451
Thank you guys for your experience and recommendations. I haven't bought Spider yet. So I will look for Vypyr....

But there is one problem. I can't find shop that sells Peavy Vypyr 30W. I want to buy 30w (or something bigger) amplifier.
Fender Mustang II V2?

I don't have experience with the Mustangs, but everyone says Fender amps are more for cleans than distortion.

What if you go used? The Vypyr 30 runs really really cheap on the used market.
I had a Fender Mustang just to screw around for awhile...the distortions weren't that great and it wasn't a good representation of Fender clean tones neither.

The Vypyr is still the best bet. Even further on down the road it can be a great practice amp if you have a stage rig you don't want to turn on all the time.
Quote by jozef2451

Fender Mustang II V2?

What about Roland Cube?

And yeah, look at the used market.

Quote by BigYankBAll
Spider is not that bad, but only if you have a decent distortion pedal (in my experience).

If you are going to use distortion pedals, I see no reason for buying a modeling amp.
Quote by AlanHB
Just remember that there are no boring scales, just boring players.

Gear

Bach Stradivarius 37G
Charvel So Cal
Fender Dimension Bass
Hartke HyDrive 210c
Ibanez BL70
Laney VC30
Tokai TB48
Yamaha FG720S-12
Yamaha P115
I found Vypyr 100 on our used market.... And it will fit to budget what is awesome
Can 100W handle playing with drums? (sorry for noob questions).