Hey guys!

Of all the bands and tones out there, I always felt like Trivium had the more massive/badass metal tone. I remember seeing a video of them showing their rigs and specifically remember them saying "We really like the analog feel of amps, that's why we still mic and tape amps the old fashioned way". Yet I googled their current rig and apparently they use Kemper profile amps.

Do you know from what album they started using those? My guess would be their latest record (Vengeance Falls) because (not to sound like some tube amp elitist but&hellip I immediately noticed their tone wasn't as good as the previous records. Not as beefy I guess. And do you know what they were using before? I think they used Peavey amps but can't remember the exact model.
Ibanez SIX28FDBG
ESP EC-1000 Deluxe
Ibanez AGR73T
Ibanez RG350DX
Ibanez AW
Peavey Triple XXX
BOSS pedals : TU-3 -> CS-3 -> NS-2 -> RV-5
Makes sense. But unfortunately the rig rundown I read only mentioned the Kemper as their "main" amps. I really want to get a similar tone to what they had in albums like Shogun or In Waves. I want to know what amps they're using in the studio so I could get the same tubes for my amp and therefore getting a similar tone :/
Ibanez SIX28FDBG
ESP EC-1000 Deluxe
Ibanez AGR73T
Ibanez RG350DX
Ibanez AW
Peavey Triple XXX
They've used 6505's and 5150's alot in the studio in the past.
Bands:
Native State
A Titan, A Deity
Rash L.A

Gear:
PRS P245 Semi Hollow
Suhr Modern Guthrie Spec
Mayones Regius 7 Buckeye Burl
LSL CVS Studio Strat
Fender American Standard Tele
Faith Hi Gloss Venus

Mesa Lonestar Special
Bugera 333
Zilla 2x12 Fatboy
Line 6 PodHD500
This is taken from Premier Guitars website.

You recorded previous albums with a block-letter 5150 amp. Did you use that on Vengeance Falls?
Heafy: We basically tracked the whole record with it. I believe this particular 5150 belonged to Eddie Van Halen then it went to Sammy Hagar, and then Slash.

Beaulieu: During mixing everything got really beefy-sounding. The guitars sounded good, but it was missing some … balls, I guess. A little more oomph. So [mixer] Colin Richardson reamped it with a Kemper profiling amp. The way it was profiled and EQ’d just has a little more body.

Heafy: There are no cabs and no mics. The tone is an Andy Sneap profile. I’m not sure what the rig that was profiled consisted of, but Andy is known for utilizing 5150s, 5150 IIs, and 5150 IIIs in his studio.

Adn the link:
http://www.premierguitar.com/articles/19863-trivium-vengeance-is-fine?page=3
Gear:
Dean RC7X (Bareknuckle Coldsweat pickups)
Ibanez Rg2570Z (Bareknuckle Juggernaughts)
Schecter KM-6
Schecter Hellraiser Hybrid 7 String
Engl Powerball II
Orange PPC412
Line 6 Pod HD500X
Thanks guys! I knew the setup was different for Vengeance Falls haha. It's kind of ironic because IMO the tone is a lot beefier in their older records.
Ibanez SIX28FDBG
ESP EC-1000 Deluxe
Ibanez AGR73T
Ibanez RG350DX
Ibanez AW
Peavey Triple XXX
I noticed drop in quality in the last few albums...so probably part of that has to do with the ultra fake production. Everything with Sneap's stamp on it is coming out super stale nowadays, personally never liked him as producer.
I think has more to do with their music being bad in general
lstfm

I'm a Nazi, baby
I'm a Nazi, yes I am
I'm a Nazi schatzi, you know I'll fight for the Fatherland
Quote by The Wildchild
I think has more to do with their music being bad in general

lol I never noticed any quality to begin with.
Quote by diabolical
I noticed drop in quality in the last few albums...so probably part of that has to do with the ultra fake production. Everything with Sneap's stamp on it is coming out super stale nowadays, personally never liked him as producer.

I think In Waves was pretty solid. Tone and songwriting-wise. Vengeance Falls was a huge disappointment though.
Ibanez SIX28FDBG
ESP EC-1000 Deluxe
Ibanez AGR73T
Ibanez RG350DX
Ibanez AW
Peavey Triple XXX
My favourite song by Trivium is that one that goes dun dun nunununa, but instead of that last part they lose all ambition halfway through writing and call it day. Thus the world is saved again. Thanks Trivium.
Quote by diabolical

Prove it!

Well he certainly couldn't sound worse.
There's no such thing; there never was. Where I am going you cannot follow me now.