I'm looking at some Jackson Rhoads models and most of them are using EMG pickups, I have guitars with those already and I'm looking for something else like Seymour Duncans or something equally good, I'm kind of a beginner when it comes to guitar equipment so I'm not sure what to look for exactly.

Maybe something like this?
http://www.jacksonguitars.com/guitars/rhoads/models/pro-series-rhoads-rr-ebony-fingerboard-gloss-black/

I really, really dislike the silver on there, is there anything similar but without the silver? My price range is at about 1000, give or take a couple of hundreds.

Thanks for the help.
2nd hand RR5 maybe? Or do you want a floyd rose?

Could always get the guitar you want and have the electronics swapped out by a tech.
I shouldn't post when drunk..

07 LTD MH400NT SD SH2/SH5
15 Jackson SLATHX-m 3-7 Slime green
Squier std tele (modded to hell)

Engl Powerball
Laney Ironheart 60h
Zilla Superfatboy 2x12 v30's

Pedals
There are black and grey Pro Rhoads but with EMGs (RRMG). I'd get one and with the extra 100 get a SD Blackouts for the bridge. Or the cheaper alternative, a X Series Rhoads with 24 frets and no lame pickguard. With the extra money you could get Blackouts and upgrade the Floyd Special.
Quote by dthmtl3
There are black and grey Pro Rhoads but with EMGs (RRMG). I'd get one and with the extra 100 get a SD Blackouts for the bridge. Or the cheaper alternative, a X Series Rhoads with 24 frets and no lame pickguard. With the extra money you could get Blackouts and upgrade the Floyd Special.

I'm actually buying a Jackson RRMG in about an hour from now. They're pretty sweet guitars.
Quote by Roc8995
Yes, and people still got polio and you had to crank your car up by hand and put whale oil in the lamps every night.

Things are better now.

Quote by dannyalcatraz
Style is in the hands. Taste is in the hands. But tone? Tone is in the gear.
Carvins a way better deal man.

Best value.
Quote by The Spoon
Unless you're sure she likes you, telling her you like her has a 110% chance of failing.

But hey, at least you have a 10% chance of absolutely guaranteeing failure.
Quote by GraceByDeath
I'm actually buying a Jackson RRMG in about an hour from now. They're pretty sweet guitars.

Pics or it didn't happen.
I'd suggest getting the guitar you like and swapping electronics if needed. If they come with EMG's, you can just sell those on and get good second hand pickups (like SD's) for about the same price probably (used).
Quote by dthmtl3
Pics or it didn't happen.

Pics are happening tomorrow. lol. It's too dark right now to get good ones. Got it and it's hardshell case for $350. Woohoo!
Quote by Roc8995
Yes, and people still got polio and you had to crank your car up by hand and put whale oil in the lamps every night.

Things are better now.

Quote by dannyalcatraz
Quote by GraceByDeath
Pics are happening tomorrow. lol. It's too dark right now to get good ones. Got it and it's hardshell case for $350. Woohoo!

What? That's a hell of a deal! Can't wait for the pics!
But yeah I think you should just get one you like the specs of and swap out the pickups if you must. OR...Why are you against active pickups?
Quote by Roc8995

Things are better now.

Quote by dannyalcatraz
Fernandes used to make a very nice RR with passive pups. They´re still resonably priced used.
Quote by kentuckyklira
Fernandes used to make a very nice RR with passive pups. They´re still resonably priced used.

The V-Hawk X...and if you're in the USA, you can get one on clearance (a couple hundred dollars off) directly from Fernandes online.

http://www.fernandesguitars.com/v-hawk/v-hawk-x.html

www.fernandesguitarshop.com/v-hawk/32-v-hawk-x.html
Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

Why, yes, I am a lawyer- thanks for asking!

Log off and play yer guitar!

Strap on, tune up, rock out!
Quote by GraceByDeath
But yeah I think you should just get one you like the specs of and swap out the pickups if you must. OR...Why are you against active pickups?

I'm not against them at all, I already have guitars with EMGs and I just want to experiment a bit with different equipment and such.

I didn't even consider that I could swap pickups! Sounds like a good idea, although I have no experience with that whatsoever :P. I'm definitely gonna look into it. Thanks all!
The Pro Series Rhoads RR should be right in budget and it's stock with Duncan Distortions.

http://jacksonguitars.com/guitars/rhoads/models/pro-series-rhoads-rr-ebony-fingerboard-gloss-black/
Guitars:
Jackson Kelly KE3 - MIJ (Distortion/Jazz)
Jackson DKMGT Dinky (EMG 81/85)
ESP E-II Eclipse Custom (JB/'59)
ESP LTD EC-1001FR (EMG 81/60)
Fender MIM Strat

Amps:
Mesa/Boogie Dual Rectifier Roadster 212
Laney IronHeart IRT-Studio
Peavey Vypyr 30
Peavey ReValver Amp Sims
TOOOO many T.C. Electronic Pedals. . .