View poll results: yea no
yea
25 35%
no
46 65%
Voters: 71.
Page 1 of 2

Im cool with that though bro, lol.

But seriously, biologically speaking, none of us would be here rn if organisms didn't seek attention
**** it! I already made a post in the other thread

A poem.
Quote by yoman297
no girl, movember isnt for you. shave your stache pls

I can out-bore you any day
Quote by Pastafarian96
**** it! I already made a post in the other thread

its k no ones paying attention anyway lmao
trowzaa is seeking attention by picking the least popular option to be edgy and non-conformist lol
No, look at anybody who's successful and gets a lot of attention and you'll most likely find an attention-seeker with an ego too.
Quote by jakesmellspoo
ooh look at me i'm ERIKLENSHERR and i work at fancy pants desk jobs and wear ties and ply barely legal girls with weed and booze i'm such a classy motherfucker.
Quote by ErikLensherr
No, look at anybody who's successful and gets a lot of attention and you'll most likely find an attention-seeker with an ego too.

+1. You don't see rappers having low self-esteem and being unsuccessful.

But if we were to dig deeper, is the shunning of attention done with ego too? As in, someone might not want their beliefs/actions to be viewed by many because their egos have a want to be 'strong', and not a possibility of having to 'rethink' stuff or something

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TdKvr1kXeFA
The wanting of attention is an inherently natural trait. Even non-attention seekers seek attention sometimes.
I have nothing important to say
I like attention when I've done something that's worthy of attention
Sail upon the open skies
we're able to excuse much worse things than wanting attention and we don't always judge it negatively in real life, so no we don't hold it to be inherently bad

either way, wanting attention is a really vague term. attention from your parents? from your friends? what kind of attention and how much? for some people sufficient attention will mean a car for a happy sixteen birthday, for others it will mean getting their existence vaguely acknowledged

also something about how much of this desire is developed through cultural and social means and how much of it is a primal drive sort of thing

Gozd in gora poj,
silen ženimo hrup,
uboga gmajna, le vpup, le vkup,
le vkup, le vkup z menoj,
staro pravdo v mrak tulimo,
da se pretulimo skozi to zimo
Last edited by JamSessionFreak at Apr 26, 2015,
On the one hand, it's nice to be appreciated, on the other celebrity culture
Quote by ErikLensherr
Did you hear about the cockney Godfather?

He made them an offer they couldn't understand.
its a pretty shit trait ye
Quote by korinaflyingv
On the come up we were listening to Grateful Dead and the music started passing through my bowel and out my arsehole as this violet stream of light. I shat music. It was beautiful.
Quote by angusfan16
I like attention when I've done something that's worthy of attention

This
Quote by MeTallIcA313
Guys, you heard Mr. Sacamano. No fun until racism is over.
No, you can do good things for attention, attention can be a better motivator than money for some people.
It can also cause people to do severely bad things, or develop bad traits.
Quote by stratkat
No, you can do good things for attention, attention can be a better motivator than money for some people.
It can also cause people to do severely bad things, or develop bad traits.

Attention=Money most of the time.
Quote by MeTallIcA313
Guys, you heard Mr. Sacamano. No fun until racism is over.
don't really like attention.

only time i want anyone's attention is when it's a cute girl.

just a smile and a hello/goodbye and i nearly turn into a puddle.
mugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmug
People who complain about attention seekers are infinitely more annoying than actual attention seekers, but it's a paradox cuz they are only complaining cuz they want the attention.
i probably get the most attention out of anyone here so idk why this thread isn't about me
will someone carry me across ten thousand miles under the silence
i think wanting attention is a totally normal thing & you are probably lying if you say you don't want attention, it's just a question of degree & motivation &c. even if you're not trying to be the center of attn all the time, it is nice to know that people care enough check in on you once in a while & ask what you're up to & how you're doing &, you know, pay attention to you.
Quote by neidnarb11890
i think wanting attention is a totally normal thing & you are probably lying if you say you don't want attention, it's just a question of degree & motivation &c. even if you're not trying to be the center of attn all the time, it is nice to know that people care enough check in on you once in a while & ask what you're up to & how you're doing &, you know, pay attention to you.

Yea, but that doesn't sound as cool as being a loner that assumable wears a sweet duster jacket and dark sunglasses.
One of the third friendliest users
Stratkat's pet

Quote by Momentosis
Void is a wanker that's why

Quote by FireFromTheVoid
Yea, but that doesn't sound as cool as being a loner that assumable wears a sweet duster jacket and dark sunglasses.

i said it was totally normal, not that it was cool, let's not conflate the two.
I wasn't talking about wanting attention though

And I wasn't even being serious at all so yea
Stratkat's pet

Quote by Momentosis

yes

because wanting attention = egotism to a degree and egotism = most of humanity's fuckups
Last edited by Dregen at Apr 27, 2015,
She's like 14 though so I hope it's age appropriate attention
Stratkat's pet

Quote by Momentosis

Quote by FireFromTheVoid
She's like 14 though so I hope it's age appropriate attention

Ofcourse just give her a new phone to get her to stop bitching.

If you get what I mean
I change my answer to yes.

You gotta command attention, and with tact. Wanting, and not making, is for nubs
I want attention
How do you make a signature? Is this a signature? Sig?.... Nature?..... Sigmund Freud?...... Nature Valley?.... Sigmund Fraud?..... Frankie Valli?.... ah, $!*@ it...
I wonder if the fat lard you know is the same fat lard that I know... Hmm these are trying times
My God, it's full of stars!
Some of the things people do for attention can be bad but no, simply seeking attention is not a bad thing in and of itself.
Quote by beadhangingOne
What happened to Snake?

Snake?

Snake?

SNAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAKE?!

Quote by TunerAddict
you can take my mouse and keyboard from my cold, slightly orange from cheetos, dead fingers

Quote by Baby Joel
Isis is amazing
massive attention seekers are real annoying though, like the kind who make literally every last thing about them, and demand that everyone goes along with them. They tend to be really self centered, which is the problem, not the attention seeking
Page 1 of 2