This isn't much longer than a minute. I have no idea what the title means. Will C4C.

Edit: I added a gp5 file because it doesn't sound as bad as I thought it would. I still recommend the mp3 for better sounding instruments.

Mediafire mp3 (just click listen)
Attachments:
Back Alley Romance.gpx
Back Alley Romance.gp5
Last edited by Million Dead at May 4, 2015,
holy hell this was not what i was expecting haha you were right when you said this wouldnt be my cup of tea (so dont take my crit too seriously) but ill try my best

im sure the guitars for the part on 10 are supposed to be quiet, but id recommend turning them up just a tiny bit. i cant hear them at all

measures 20-30 are pretty badass. a bit short, but the song itself is short so i suppose it fits just fine

either there's errors in here, or you have tentacle fingers, because there are some chords (like on 38 and 42 for guitar 1) that are impossible to play (or maybe you had something else in mind, im not sure)

all in all its not bad (i think). i dont listen to anything close to this style, so i dont have a very good reference. sorry i cant help much more
I highly recommend you try the Mp3, you don't have to download anything and it sounds like it's actually supposed to sound. I can't really control the mix on the .gp5 files because I use gpx. Those ridiculous chords aren't actually chords. They're just feedback sounds that I plan on making with pedals/luck. I actually think you'd dig 10-13 if you hear it properly mixed.
I like this, it kinda reminds me of Norma Jean's earlier material (I think that's the band I'm thinking of). I definitely get more of a PHC feel than grind, although my experience w/ grind is pretty much limited to !T.O.O.H.! and Carcass.

Anyway, it's hard to really critique something like this...
The high bass notes/harmonics in the beginning don't appeal to me. I kinda get what you're going for, but I feel like a lower part would give it ground to stand on; if that makes sense.
The riffs are catchy; which is something that is often neglected in this genre. The riff at bar 19 is a little generic (and reminds me of early BTBAM) but it's used effectively.

With some catchy vocal patterns I could see this being something I would listen to.
i see your girl
G A Y
she leavin wit me

F O R
I'm playing wit her booty
in the back seat
M A D D E N
Quote by imspazzen
I like this, it kinda reminds me of Norma Jean's earlier material (I think that's the band I'm thinking of). I definitely get more of a PHC feel than grind, although my experience w/ grind is pretty much limited to !T.O.O.H.! and Carcass.

Anyway, it's hard to really critique something like this...
The high bass notes/harmonics in the beginning don't appeal to me. I kinda get what you're going for, but I feel like a lower part would give it ground to stand on; if that makes sense.
The riffs are catchy; which is something that is often neglected in this genre. The riff at bar 19 is a little generic (and reminds me of early BTBAM) but it's used effectively.

With some catchy vocal patterns I could see this being something I would listen to.

I had been listening to a lot of the bands Full of Hell, Cursed, and Converge when writing this. I definitely wanted the song to have a strong post-hardcore vibe, but also be a lot more manic and extreme than that style of music usually gets.

Concerning the higher bass tones, I totally get the idea that bass should provide bottom in most instances. I'm just a big fan of bassists like Jaco Pastorius and Vic Wooten, who both mess with harmonics and high notes. I think bass in the guitar register is interesting. That's me, though. Maybe I could plan out a way to use pedals to sustain a lower note, sort of like an 808?

The riff at 19 was supposed have sort of the spirit and feel of the main riff from Eagles Become Vultures by Converge, but without being a ripoff.

This track in particular would probably be exclusively, harshly screamed. However, I also picture the vocals flowing very rhythmically. Rap-like, really.