Page 1 of 3
At what point do you think you have more money than you can spend?

I remember seeing a documentary in class about some of the wealthiest people and one of them continued to work 70 hours a week. Would you get carried away or do you think you'd feel content at a certain point?
Free Ali
Free Lard
Whenever each of my pube hairs turn into $100 bills
Quote by DisarmGoliath
Facesitting is a violation of freedom of speech, because how can you speak when you have an ass covering your face?
I work only enough to get what I need, to me free time is worth way more than money, but free time is no fun without a bit of cash, so ...damn, find the right balance, depends if you like your work too.
Ideally I'd work at something I enjoy so money would be an irrelevant factor.
Quote by jakesmellspoo
ooh look at me i'm ERIKLENSHERR and i work at fancy pants desk jobs and wear ties and ply barely legal girls with weed and booze i'm such a classy motherfucker.
I'd be content once I could afford to live in a nice house, with a car or 3 I like for several occasions, in a place that I'd like to live in, with money for hobbies and travel.

So anywhere from 100k a year up I suppose. That'll never happen doe
I love shopping and not just for myself so I don't think I could ever have too much money. I would probably still work tho because if i didn't have anything to do that felt like work I'd probably get bored.

In addition to shopping i have a couple of life goals which involve being ridiculously rich and even though they are quite unlikely i will not give them up.
cat
Last edited by guitarxo at Apr 27, 2015,
I forgot to answer. I think I could honestly get really carried away and find a way to burn through a winning lottery ticket's worth of money.

Quote by ErikLensherr
Ideally I'd work at something I enjoy so money would be an irrelevant factor.

I doubt that. Brooks Brothers has some pretty expensive stuff.
Free Ali
Free Lard
Last edited by chrismendiola at Apr 27, 2015,
Oh I could find a lot of stupid shit to blow money on in a hurry.

All I need to not work is 30,000 a year, I could probably spend 1 million a year, easy.

wealthiest people and one of them continued to work 70 hours a week.

**** trickle down economics. ****ing scrooges.
Last edited by stratkat at Apr 27, 2015,
Enough to maintain whatever hobbies I have, plus some to put in saving every week, plus enough to pay my bills and stuff

But to the point where I'd stop working right now? Idk, probably more than I'd ever see
One of the third friendliest users
Stratkat's pet

Quote by Momentosis
Void is a wanker that's why

Realistically without getting into HIGH luxury territory...

$150,000 a year

that's enough for me to travel comfortably, dine out whenever/wherever I want. I don't have that many materialistic aspirations so it's all about being about to pay for experiences..............................and healthcare...................

But if we're talking upper east side Manhattan condo overlooking the Park, or Malibu.....$10 million at least.

...modes and scales are still useless.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b
Voted for Patron Çıldırdı.

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
Last edited by Xiaoxi at Apr 27, 2015,
Quote by chrismendiola

I remember seeing a documentary in class about some of the wealthiest people and one of them continued to work 70 hours a week.

That's because it's not about the money. Like Walter White says... I'm not in the drug business or the money business...I'm in the empire business

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
Think about this:

According to a 2010 study by researchers at Vanderbilt University, the University of Kentucky and the University of Pittsburgh, the more money you win in the lottery, the more likely you are to end up bankrupt.

The authors divided past lottery winners into two separate groups: Those who had won cash prizes between $50,000 and $150,000, and those who had won $10,000 or less. What they found is that those who had won the more sizable sums were more likely to have filed for bankruptcy five years later. Similar research from the National Endowment for Financial Education estimates that 70 percent of people who had unexpectedly come into large sums of money ended up broke within seven years.

Source unknown, I found this excerpt on a handful of different articles.

Quote by Xiaoxi
Realistically without getting into HIGH luxury territory...

$150,000 a year

But if we're talking upper east side Manhattan condo overlooking the Park, or Malibu.....$10 million at least.

We're talking about whatever limit you may have on wealth such that you feel like you can't find anything else you want.
Free Ali
Free Lard
Quote by chrismendiola
Think about this:
Source unknown, I found this excerpt on a handful of different articles.
That's because people who play the lottery tend to be lower class, not very intelligent, and have no sense of financial management.

We're talking about whatever limit you may have on wealth such that you feel like you can't find anything else you want.

10 mil then.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Quote by sam b

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
Oh, then somewhere in the $100 billion range. Cause there's a lot of shit I'd love to have if I could afford it.
In a nutshell I guess enough to live comfortably and buy things here and there.

Living a happy life is something that wealth is a factor of, but not totally reliant on, personally.
KIFFLOM
Quote by chrismendiola

Yea, raise mine up to just enough to be able to do whatever I want like buy trips to space and stuff and have islands to take vacations on and stuff.

And also enough to lobby and bribe everybody so that I basically rule the world
Also enough to pay a private army just in case something goes wrong
Stratkat's pet

Quote by Momentosis

idk ask me in a couple years when i have more "adult" expenses.
honestly, it's a matter of how hard i have to work for the money. realistically, i have pretty modest goals & desires, but i'd be lying if i said i would not -- given the opportunity -- live a totally decadent, self-indulgent lifestyle. i wouldn't work 80 hours a week for it, though -- the whole allure of it is living like an aristocrat & not having to work.
Quote by Xiaoxi
That's because it's not about the money. Like Walter White says... I'm not in the drug business or the money business...I'm in the empire business

Xiaoxi gets it hey we should hit up Brooks Brothers sometime okay.
Quote by jakesmellspoo
ooh look at me i'm ERIKLENSHERR and i work at fancy pants desk jobs and wear ties and ply barely legal girls with weed and booze i'm such a classy motherfucker.
I would still work if money was no longer a concern. Having no objectives or challenges and just living an aimless life is a recipe for disaster.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Quote by sam b

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
You could devote you life to something you actually want to work on at that point though instead of just something that'll keep you not being homeless. I'd still work at that point too but I'd do what I wanted even if it actually cost me money.
Stratkat's pet

Quote by Momentosis

Quote by chrismendiola
I forgot to answer. I think I could honestly get really carried away and find a way to burn through a winning lottery ticket's worth of money.

I also forgot to qualify/quantify this.

I don't have an exact figure, but I'd hope I run out of ideas once I've got a nice, large, suburban home on a cul-de-sac and a handful of luxury cars. I have expensive tastes but only a few interests, really. This is just based on what what I'd buy based on what I know I like right now, but some part of me will probably become addicted to the thrill of turning my work hours into paychecks and then into material items. I always find a way to spend money and will eventually turn to new hobbies and interests to find where to spend money. This scares me sometimes and I fear I'd get really carried away to a point where I become Jordan Belfort and turn into one of those brats who think "money is life ye, i'm more successful than u."

Quote by Xiaoxi
I would still work if money was no longer a concern. Having no objectives or challenges and just living an aimless life is a recipe for disaster.

I've given this thought at times. I think I'd stop working and pursue a challenge/objective through other means. I'd probably try to learn how to do things that I'd otherwise be too busy to do.

There are folks who are so good at making money, that they make even more money just by having money (investments, etc.) and that seems like it would be pretty cool if you use your capital gains to fulfill yourself through other means- you can take the excess time and money and use it to help others, or whatever floats your yacht.
Free Ali
Free Lard
Last edited by chrismendiola at Apr 27, 2015,
one day i will blow all of my money on my wife.
i don't know why i feel so dry
Quote by Eastwinn

One day, your wife will blow me. Awwwwwwwww.
Free Ali
Free Lard
$80,000 with four weeks worth of paid vacation. I already make enough to do the things I want to do. To make that much would simply be for extra trips, a few items and added financial security.
#DTWD
Last edited by primusfan at Apr 27, 2015,
It varies since I don't have many bills to pay and living with my parents like the loser I am. :')
Quote by SGstriker
If KFC is finger-licking good, then people would probably suck dicks for Popeyes. That's how good it is.

There's nothing left here to be saved
Just barreling dogs and barking trains
Another year lost to the blue line
100k a year would make me quite comfortable as I don't really spend much money. I only have ~$900 of expensives a month currently, and $700 of that goes towards rent/bills. Rest goes to food and random purchases.

Rest just gets shelled into an IRA/investments each month so I can more or less forget about it and know that I'm still going to be alright if I suddenly lose my income for a while.
how much money would it take to buy sweden and ban them from playing hockey and making shitty half finished furniture?
Quote by Eastwinn

Quote by chrismendiola
One day, your wife will blow me. Awwwwwwwww.

both of these made me lol in and of themselves
I'd be happy with enough money to live comfortably and do what I love without having to drag my ass to work every day for some company I can't stand. I'm past being greedy. I just don't want to work a thankless job for something I don't like anymore.
This signature is worth TONS of money. You should see what you can get for it.
A lot. I have a billion hobbies, none of which are properly funded right now
My God, it's full of stars!
To all of you that think that around 100-150k annually would give you a luxurious life.

It won't.
“Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge.”
Charles Darwin
idk money is dumb anyway its all about having access to your parents' bank accounts and then just usee it get oreos
will someone carry me across ten thousand miles under the silence
If you are buying things for others but it makes you happy is it still for yourself?
cat
Quote by Arby911
To all of you that think that around 100-150k annually would give you a luxurious life.

It won't.

If you aren't a shitter with money management and don't have huge debt/expenses to pay, that's more than enough to live comfortably on for most people. Definition of a luxurious life is subjective anyway. Decent car/housing/financial security with the flexibility to travel/indulge in hobbies is what most people strive for. That income could easily provide all of that.
Quote by Arby911

It won't.

I don't see that anyone said that (except Xiaoxi, maybe, but he qualified it), but I guess this is a preemptive statement.

In any case, 100-150k will get you far in many places in the developed world, and it's not really about luxury, anyway. It's about the point at which you would feel content.
Quote by guitarxo
If you are buying things for others but it makes you happy is it still for yourself?

For the purposes of this discussion. I'm interested to see in people's vanity and self-control. We'd all have the same answer (sans the psychopaths) that we could never have enough money because once we're done fulfilling our own desires, we'd just give it away.
Free Ali
Free Lard
there's stuff about the 'happiest' salary and it's like $70,000 or something.

warrne buffet who's like i multi billionaire or whatever still lives in a 'normal' house and he eats oreos and basic stuff when he goes to new york. basically, the more you try to get the 'best' of things you'll never reach it and never be satisfied so it's all about finding the things that you are comfortable having, like eating basic foods and stuff.

so yeah it shouldn't be about luxury, cause you'll never get the best ever cause once you get it there's another best etc. so yeah, monehy things
will someone carry me across ten thousand miles under the silence
Well obviously I would bedazzle all my possessions with precious gems after acquiring everything i wanted so there is your answer.

But really though I would probably just try and collect books or something so....still not enough
cat
Page 1 of 3