Hey so i'm moving into a new apartment complex where there are only 2 floors. The walls are already pre-sound conditioned so thats a nice plus and i have additional soundproofing tools if needed. But my question is this, should i live on the upper or the lower floor. I will be playing a lot of electric guitar and recording and mixing clients all the time. I just don't want the bass or sound to be an issue for the person living above (or below) me. Theres a guy that lives across in the other building and he plays his electric all the time and no one complains or even hears him from what i've been told. Any thoughts?

Thank you!
you should live in the one that makes it easier to jam the headstock into your anus
Quote by yellowfrizbee
What does a girl have to do to get it in the butt thats all I ever wanted from you. Why, Ace? Why? I clean my asshole every night hoping and wishing and it never happens.
Bitches be Crazy.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
lower

in my experience sound travels way easier downwards, no idea why or how, but i've noticed it does... it may be due to the quality of the flooring/ceiling

If its during the day then it shouldn't be much of a problem unless its really excessive, or if someone works nights or weird shift hours. But if you need to play late/early then you could always invest in headphones
Eat your pheasant
Drink your wine
Your days are numbered, bourgeois swine!
Last edited by Bladez22 at Apr 27, 2015,
sound waves are particularly vulnerable to gravity. So any guitar stuff, whether it's amped or acoustic, will ave it's sound travelling downward. For this reason I would recommend the ground level apartment.
it's all just coming back
it's all coming back

it's all coming back to me
In case you've not yet figured it out, you've asked this in very much the wrong place...
“Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge.”
Charles Darwin
Quote by Baby Joel
sound waves are particularly vulnerable to gravity. So any guitar stuff, whether it's amped or acoustic, will ave it's sound travelling downward. For this reason I would recommend the ground level apartment.

also you'll be able to hear the neighbours upstairs having sex and then you can have a good wank session.
it's all just coming back
it's all coming back

it's all coming back to me
Alternatively, you are less likely to be robbed if you live higher up
My God, it's full of stars!
you always pick the highest level because it shows your opponents that you are above them and therefore more powerful. assert your dominance now before they even move in.
Make sure you frame your Avenged Sevenfold posters for a more professional look

longing rusted furnace daybreak seventeen benign nine homecoming one freight car
Quote by SynGatesFan1
i have additional soundproofing tools if needed.

Such as... ?

No offence, but I imagine you're mistaking soundproofing with acoustic treatment. Anyway, I live in a house with neighbours directly to one side of my mix room and I haven't had any complaints - just don't mix at volumes you couldn't talk over, to someone sat next to you.
Hey, look. Sigs are back.