Hey gang

So I've been playing guitar for awhile and I would consider myself a solid intermediate player. I can play some pretty difficult songs if I put some practice time into them, but I'm not great at improving/soloing (without practice) and playing by ear. Also, I'll admit I'm not as good with scales as I should be, I just find them kinda boring.

Basically I feel like my progress as plateaued in the last months/year and I'm stuck in a bit of a rut. I was wondering if you guys had any advice on challenging myself further and how do you keep your practice routine fresh. Also what does your typically practice routine consist of?

Sorry I know I'm asking like 4 different questions with this post, but any advice would be greatly appreciated!
There are well known musicians who have played for decades and still aren't good with soloing and things. I'm sure the same can be said about those who can't play by ear. Which seems similar to music theory. Being able to is beneficial, but not necessary.

Maybe try playing different kinds of music than you normally do.
I've said it before and I'll say it again, Scales and theory are useless unless you learn how to apply them correctly.

Learn music theory and how to use it if you want to become better
A poem.
Quote by yoman297
no girl, movember isnt for you. shave your stache pls

I can out-bore you any day
Quote by UncLax132
Hey gang
Quote by snipelfritz
You lost me at "Lubricate."

I'm raw, like nature. Nature boy. Big jungle leaves are my cum rags.

Sometimes I fuck a bamboo shoot.

There's nothing left here to be saved
Just barreling dogs and barking trains
Another year lost to the blue line
fvck sake josh

OT: just keep at it, learn new scales, learn some theory. Learn a song from a genre/artist you wouldn't normally listen to/play. Listen to new stuff, keep things fresh

or go find a teacher
Eat your pheasant
Drink your wine
Your days are numbered, bourgeois swine!