I was replacing a lock nut in my esp ltd m330rfm when the last screw stripped on the top. It's really worn out and I can't get anything to grip it what do I dooo I really wanna put new string a and nut on it but this is really hindering my progress the screw is okay besides the part where you put the screwdriver it's like putty it's BAAAD
The screw that's stripped is the one that connects the nut to Body of the guitar. But now I can't remove them. And no it wasn't a cheapo guitar. It was it the affordable price range. I was trying to replace the nut cause it had stripped out too... I almost feel like these screws were secondhand as I did buy this from a source that's already had it out of the box
Last edited by bmedeiros125 at Apr 27, 2015,
you need a screw extractor
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
A way you can remove it without special tools is to cut a slot on the top of the bolt, from which you can undo it with a flatheaded screwdriver. Then replace the bolt. But it'll be very difficult to do that given that the hole is probably recessed into the back of the neck.

Another way that's less difficult is to get an allen bolt extractor, as rob said.
Roses are red
Violets are blue
Omae wa mou
Shindeiru

Quote by Axelfox
Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
Last edited by T00DEEPBLUE at Apr 28, 2015,
I think I'll take it to the guitar shop down my road (it's local)) think it'll cost anything for them to just take it out? And I tried making the indent for the flat head but it was like putty and just wouldn't grip hopefully they don't charge for so,etching as miniscule as taking a screw out
Assume that it will cost you. It might not be as simple as just taking the screw out.
Roses are red
Violets are blue
Omae wa mou
Shindeiru

Quote by Axelfox
Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee