I tried plugging my bass into my Vox Tonelab and picking an amp/cabinet model that was originall for bass (Tweed 4x10). Although I had a decent bass tone for a hot minute, the volume was low. Then, my headphones starting swelling w/ volume and making cracking noises and the bass cut off. So I'm thinking I blew my amp. Then, feeling there was nothing to lose, I tried it again and the same thing happened. After that, I tried once more and I couldn't pick up any sound from the bass. Thankfully, when I plussed my guitar back into the amp, it was still working (though I don't know if it is compromised in some way).

To make a long story short, I don't know what to do. I don't think my Audiobox USB can handle bass directly in and, besides, I wouldn't like the tone. I don't have tons of money to invest in this.

I've heard people say "sims," but you still need to get the sound into your computer. Ideally, recording bass would be like recording guitar, when you just pick a preset on your amp modeler and go. You would figure that something like this, a bass amp modeler that works w/ DAW so to speak, would be available after all these years.

Cheers.