Hey guys,

I've been doing a lot of digging trying to figure out with 2 speakers I should throw into a new Avatar 2x12 I'm looking to order pretty soon.

I'm currently playing through a Orange Rocker 30 head, as well as a Mesa Boogie Electra Dyne head through my 2x12 running 2 V30's.

I've seen a lot of good responses to a V30 paired with a Greenback, so I'm thinking I might go with that combo. I'm curious to see what the communities opinions are regarding this though, so share your thoughts!

I mainly play Alternative/Punk influence based music so, I don't do a whole lot with cleans.
A lot of people have been putting a Creamback H in there along with the V30 recently (all of Periphery, for example). The only issue might be the fact that one is quieter than the other, but if you're miking, you can blend it better in the mixer easily.
Quote by CorrosionMedia
A lot of people have been putting a Creamback H in there along with the V30 recently (all of Periphery, for example). The only issue might be the fact that one is quieter than the other, but if you're miking, you can blend it better in the mixer easily.

thats only really an issue with the 25watt Greenback from my experience. The cream backs are 65watts so should be pretty well balance with the V30 (which are 60watts)

I am currently tossing up between a greenback and a cream back for my 5150iii.......I think the extra fatness of the cream might win me over
Quote by sytharnia1560
thats only really an issue with the 25watt Greenback from my experience. The cream backs are 65watts so should be pretty well balance with the V30 (which are 60watts)

I am currently tossing up between a greenback and a cream back for my 5150iii.......I think the extra fatness of the cream might win me over

That's a good point...
I haven't really heard a cream back, but I hear a lot of good things about them.

I guess I have more researching to do.
I have a 2x12 that I sometimes run a Celestion G12h30 and an Eminence GB128 (which is a greenback-ish speaker) and my Marshall and Krank sound great through it
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
Quote by sytharnia1560

the wattage is nothing to do with the volume, it's the sensitivity (in db/1W/1m) which affects how loud a speaker is. the wattage just tells you how much power you can put into the speaker before it dies.

fwiw i wouldn't be super-fussed on the v30/greenback combo. i haven't tried a range of speakers with the rocker 30, though.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?