Hi guys ive decided to buy a peavey vypyr 30. Is it too loud for bedroom practice or should I get the 15w version?
I play a 50 watt tube amp for bedroom practice. It has a volume knob for a reason. Virtually any amp can be used for a bedroom, don't worry about it. I'd even get the Vypyr tube 60 if I could afford.
RG351DX - Bridge Dragonfire Screamer, Mid+Neck Fender Hot Noiseless
Peavey Valveking 112 - Eminence GB128
AMT E1 > Joyo AC Tone > Dan'o EQ > Shimverb > Digidelay
you will be fine.

within my sight i see 970 watts worth of tube amps. 200 of SS bass, and i have more in the back... i get along plenty fine.

bottom line, volumes knobs exist for a reason.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
As long as you don't turn the volume all the way up you'll be fine. One thing SS amps have over tubes is you can put them really low, like at 1 or even less, and they sound fine. You don't need to crank them to get all out of them(and usually they sound worse the higher the volumes).

Good choice on an amp though. I'm planning on ordering the vip2 40 watt next week.
Quote by Wormholes
One thing SS amps have over tubes is you can put them really low, like at 1 or even less, and they sound fine.
Actually this has nothing to do with tubes or transistors.

It's a misconception originated from the misconception that tube amps sound "better" at higher volumes, when in reality this is either referring to the distortion caused by overdriving the power section which is pleasurable to a lot of people, or the fact that our ears like stuff at higher volume in general.

The myth started with "tube amps sound better at higher volumes" and ended up with "SS amps don't sound better at higher volumes so they sound the same at all volume levels, hence they sound better than tube amps at lower volumes".

But it's only a misconception really - if an amp sounds better than another amp at higher volumes, then it will sound better at lower volumes as well, all other things (cab, speakers...) being equal.

TS get the 30w version.
Name's Luca.

Quote by OliOsbourne
I don't know anything about this topic, but I just clicked on this thread because of your username :O
Quote by Cajundaddy
Clue: amplifiers amplify so don't turn it on if you need quiet.
Quote by chrismendiola
I guess spambots are now capable of reading minds.
I have a 30w vypyr and it worked fine for bedroom practice. Just setting the master volume low works, but if you really need to be quiet, it has a headphone out too
Rotten Playground
Listen to me and Jameh muck about on a podcast
as if you have anything better to do.

Quote by Reverend_Taco
Grass stains on my dicks

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Pfft. Gay? Nah, gay is the manliest sex that exists.
Quote by Spambot_2
Actually this has nothing to do with tubes or transistors.

It's a misconception originated from the misconception that tube amps sound "better" at higher volumes, when in reality this is either referring to the distortion caused by overdriving the power section which is pleasurable to a lot of people, or the fact that our ears like stuff at higher volume in general.

The myth started with "tube amps sound better at higher volumes" and ended up with "SS amps don't sound better at higher volumes so they sound the same at all volume levels, hence they sound better than tube amps at lower volumes".

But it's only a misconception really - if an amp sounds better than another amp at higher volumes, then it will sound better at lower volumes as well, all other things (cab, speakers...) being equal.

TS get the 30w version.

This. I have a Vypyr 30 and a 6505+ 112 converted into a head. The 6505+ is 60 watts. When running them into the same cab, (Vypyr set to the 6505 model) the real thing sounds better at all volume levels, by quite a bit. That's not to say the Vypyr sounds bad, it's just not comparable to the real thing. Also, the Vyp does sound better when I turn it up a bit, just like my 6505 does.

I think the reason they both sound better when turned up has a lot more to do with the cab/speakers filling in the sound better, rather than anything happening in the tubes/circuitry.
Atmospheric dark metal w/ black and death metal influences:
(My Soundcloud page):

Pestilential Flood
The key to the Vypyr 30W is to turn the POST GAIN DOWN. The default settings always had it cranked which made the volume knob very, very touchy and LOUD. Turn the Post down and the master up a little.
Guitars:
Jackson Kelly KE3 - MIJ (Distortion/Jazz)
Jackson DKMGT Dinky (EMG 81/85)
ESP E-II Eclipse Custom (JB/'59)
ESP LTD EC-1001FR (EMG 81/60)
Fender MIM Strat

Amps:
Mesa/Boogie Dual Rectifier Roadster 212
Laney IronHeart IRT-Studio
Peavey Vypyr 30
Peavey ReValver Amp Sims
TOOOO many T.C. Electronic Pedals. . .
get the 30W version. with this one you get an extra fx knob and the ability to run the footswitch(which is very useful).
Marty Friedman is GOD!

curently in a SEX MACHINEGUNS and X JAPAN phase AND Galneryus AND Anthem phase

damn J-Metal, why you so awesome

My Gear:

Schecter Hellraiser V-1 fr
Ibanez RG321mh
Fender GDC-200sce
Peavey Vypyr 30 w/ sanpera 1
Got the vypyr 30 and is perfectly fine for bedroom practice and small gigs too.
Thank you guys.
Enjoy! Check out the Sanpera Footpedals as well now.
Guitars:
Jackson Kelly KE3 - MIJ (Distortion/Jazz)
Jackson DKMGT Dinky (EMG 81/85)
ESP E-II Eclipse Custom (JB/'59)
ESP LTD EC-1001FR (EMG 81/60)
Fender MIM Strat

Amps:
Mesa/Boogie Dual Rectifier Roadster 212
Laney IronHeart IRT-Studio
Peavey Vypyr 30
Peavey ReValver Amp Sims
TOOOO many T.C. Electronic Pedals. . .