You guys remember that rape victim chick who carried her mattress around campus?

Page 1 of 4
http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/columbia-student-defamed-by-mattress-girl-is-suing/article/2563566

The Columbia University student being called a rapist by members of the media and a woman who has been carrying her mattress around for performance art is suing.

Paul Nungesser was accused by fellow Columbia student Emma Sulkowicz of brutally beating and raping her during a sexual encounter he insists was consensual. Despite a police investigation that failed to charge Nungesser and the university finding him "not responsible," Sulkowicz and her enablers — including Democratic Sen. Kirsten Gillibrand, have continued to harass Nungesser by calling him a "rapist."

Now, Nungesser is suing his university, its president and trustees and the visual arts professor that allowed the mattress project to go forward.

from the pdf of the lawsuit:

There was also no evidence whatsoever that Emma’s attitude or behavior
regarding Paul had changed after the alleged incident. On the contrary, Paul was able to present numerous love messages that Emma wrote to him before and after the alleged event with no apparent change in mood. Even though these messages were excluded as exculpatory evidence from the investigation, Columbia was informed about their existence and their content.

On the same occasion Emma presented a fourth accuser, a close friend of hers and a fellow visual arts student at Columbia,who made up another false allegation against Paul. Paul was informed about this complaint first by reporters to whom Emma presented this complaint, when Paul started to go public to defend himself against Emma’s campaign.

Columbia was also informed that Emma had a history of alleging of sexual
assault. During the investigation, Paul had provided further messages from Emma to
Columbia, in which she alleged abuse and sexual assault by other students at Columbia University, including her former boyfriend. These messages, too, were excluded from evidence. Nonetheless Columbia was informed that Emma had a history of alleging to be a victim of sexual assault and should have included this knowledge in their assessment of Emma’s harassment campaign in the course of the events.

Emma also messaged Paul frequently throughout that summer with messages
including:
"wuv youuuu,
"-
"i miss and love you biw" - "Paul i really miss you" - "i really mis
you"
-
"Paul I wuv you so much. Please stay w mefoevah" - "paul I miss you so much" - "like
u know when you tell people you miss them and you don’t really mean it? - i actually mean it - i
miss you so much - ahhh" "pookie i miss you "I LOVE YOU SO MUCH" - "I MISS
YOU MORE THAN ANYTHING" "I love youuuu" - "and I would LOVE to have you here -
omg - we could snuggle" - "PAUL I MISS YOU PAUL I MISS YOU PAUL I MISS YOU
PA ULLL" "DUDE I MISS YOU SO MUCH" - "I love you Paul!!!!!!. "
These messages
spanned from May 2012 through August of 2012, and similar messages continued until October

This time time period was after the alleged rape occurred but before the accusations. One could conclude that she made this whole story up to get back at him after she found out he was seeing another woman while he was out of the country.

tl;dr - chick who claimed to been raped and carried her mattress around campus as an art project has been found to made the whole thing up, as well as made rape allegations in the past, tried to get other women to also accuse the same man as a rapist and released his name to the media when it was suppose to be protected.

The school and police concluded from evidence that he was innocent but allowed accusations and widespread media coverage to carry on, and were even supportive. Guy is now sueing the school.

Opinions?

Obviously the guy is going after the school because it has way more money than the girl, but what should her punishment be if she's eventually charged found guilty? Making up this kind of shit is wrong in that it not only destroy someones life but demeans real rape victims and makes the process of finding actual rapist harder, when sorting through this kind of bullshit and when there's a history of stories like this.

Also has something to say about what we follow, comment and spread through social media. I know tons of people who shared this story and you can't really blame them, but you know absolutely nothing about what you read on here. We don't know the people, we don't know there story but within moments were willing to share and support it complete ignorance, and it can snowball out of control like this, where it becomes worldwide and ruins a persons life like this.
Quote by Night
wtf is a selfie? is that like, touching yourself or something?
I feel the need to make a point that I am definitely not going to touch this shit.
BOOM-SHAKALAKALAKA-BOOM-SHAKALAKUNGA
Quote by snipelfritz
I feel the need to make a point that I am definitely not going to touch this shit.

ill be with this guy while he doesn't touch shit
Quote by Fat Lard
Why would you spend tens of thousands of dollars to learn about a language you already speak? It was over before it even started dude

Quote by captainsnazz
brot pls
I can't hear you over the sound of all this s*** I'm not touching.
Quote by SGstriker
If KFC is finger-licking good, then people would probably suck dicks for Popeyes. That's how good it is.

There's nothing left here to be saved
Just barreling dogs and barking trains
Another year lost to the blue line
Touching this shit is like asking to have other shit thrown violently at you. Touch at your own risk.
THE FORUM UPDATE KILLED THE GRADIENT STAR

Baltimore Orioles: 2014 AL Eastern Division Champions, 2017: 75-87
Baltimore Ravens: 2012 World Champions, 2017: 4-5
2017 NFL Pick 'Em: 92-54
who goes to columbia to take visual art is the real question here

the difference between me and you guys is I will only touch this thread if it WANTS to be touched.
If you do something right, no one will know you've done anything at all

Proud to be called Best Friends with Pastafarian96
Quote by homeless-john
Did she carry the mattress around like a turtle?

Thats the only rational way I can see it going down. Turtle-fashion.
If you do something right, no one will know you've done anything at all

Proud to be called Best Friends with Pastafarian96
Crazy bitch is crazy, the moral of the story is keep away from crazy bitches, especially if they aren't even that attractive.

Her punishment for false allegations should be a stint in a mental institution where she clearly belongs.
I have nothing important to say
Last edited by JackSaints at Apr 28, 2015,
i'll touch those texts

"wuv you"
"pookie"

yeah, **** that
dirtbag ballet by the bins down the alley
as i walk through the chalet of the shadow of death
everything that you've come to expect

Quote by JackSaints
Crazy bitch is crazy, the moral of the story is keep away from crazy bitches, especially if they aren't even that attractive.

Her punishment for false allegations should be a stint in a mental institution where she clearly belongs.

Solution.
End of story
AND...it should be WELL publicized that she was put in a mental institution.
Ruin her life like she has ruined the lives of others.

Edit:
If Nungesser was going around saying Sulkowicz is/was a *****, slept with all her professors for good grades, cheated on tests, slept with the entire football, baseball, basketball teams and the chess club, Nungesser would find himself being summoned, sued, losing, and in jail all in the same week.
Last edited by CodeMonk at Apr 28, 2015,
Emma also messaged Paul frequently throughout that summer with messages
including:
"wuv youuuu,
"-
"i miss and love you biw" - "Paul i really miss you" - "i really mis
you"
-
"Paul I wuv you so much. Please stay w mefoevah" - "paul I miss you so much" - "like
u know when you tell people you miss them and you don’t really mean it? - i actually mean it - i
miss you so much - ahhh" "pookie i miss you "I LOVE YOU SO MUCH" - "I MISS
YOU MORE THAN ANYTHING" "I love youuuu" - "and I would LOVE to have you here -
omg - we could snuggle" - "PAUL I MISS YOU PAUL I MISS YOU PAUL I MISS YOU
PA ULLL" "DUDE I MISS YOU SO MUCH" - "I love you Paul!!!!!!. "
These messages
spanned from May 2012 through August of 2012, and similar messages continued until October

Since when did they let 14 year olds into college?
this my last post on the internet, **** UG, this shit is too ****ed
A poem.
Quote by yoman297
no girl, movember isnt for you. shave your stache pls

I can out-bore you any day
Quote by Pastafarian96
this my last post on the internet, **** UG, this shit is too ****ed
Bye Pasta, I'll never forget the time you were all like lol how do I ultimate-guitar and I brought you in under my wing and I caressed you tenderly and you called me daddy and fell asleep in my arms.

Pls don't be serious and if you are then pls don't go out this way. It's weak and hardly anything worth leaving for.
Quote by SGstriker
If KFC is finger-licking good, then people would probably suck dicks for Popeyes. That's how good it is.

I need chemotherapy after touching this shit.
Roses are red
Violets are blue
Omae wa mou
Shindeiru

Quote by Axelfox
Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
Last edited by T00DEEPBLUE at Apr 28, 2015,
Quote by Joshua Garcia
Bye Pasta, I'll never forget the time you were all like lol how do I ultimate-guitar and I brought you in under my wing and I caressed you tenderly and you called me daddy and fell asleep in my arms.

Pls don't be serious and if you are then pls don't go out this way. It's weak and hardly anything worth leaving for.

I'm not going anywhere, last time I went without the freedom of the pit I almost went literally insane.

EDIT: when I go out, there are going to be so many goats
A poem.
Quote by yoman297

Last edited by Pastafarian96 at Apr 28, 2015,
Hello pasta.
Roses are red
Violets are blue
Omae wa mou
Shindeiru

Quote by Axelfox
Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
A poem.
Quote by yoman297

Last edited by Pastafarian96 at Apr 28, 2015,
Quote by Pastafarian96
EDIT: when I go out, there are going to be so many goats
As there should be.
Quote by SGstriker

like this one

which according to the url which I should have noticed earlier, lives somewhere within 100km of me.
A poem.
Quote by yoman297

goat orgy?

please let me know ahead of time so I can mark my calender and sleep in that day.
One time when I was in Agriculture in high school my goat started humping another goat right in front of me. Like, he was just standing there behind another goat and then out of nowhere he just jumped up on that.

The goat he was humping belonged to the teacher's daughter.
He picked well, and I'm proud of him.
Quote by SGstriker

This kind of shit is what leads to people not believing real rape victims... And I feel sorry for the guy, having your life ruined like that really sucks
she did a great job of raising awareness of rape culture in our society, hopefully she doesn't get punished too harshly by the patriarchal judicial system
for the record, I'm still not touching this without a crane
A poem.
Quote by yoman297

False allegations should carry the same penalties as rape convictions (except for the whole name-on-a-register business).
Just about sums up how I feel each side should be dealt with, depending who is culpable and who is innocent.
Crazy bitch etc.

Quote by Joshua Garcia
One time when I was in Agriculture in high school

What now.
Quote by jakesmellspoo
ooh look at me i'm ERIKLENSHERR and i work at fancy pants desk jobs and wear ties and ply barely legal girls with weed and booze i'm such a classy motherfucker.
Quote by So-Cal
she did a great job of raising awareness of rape culture in our society, hopefully she doesn't get punished too harshly by the patriarchal judicial system

Blame the victim for being a man amirite?
Roses are red
Violets are blue
Omae wa mou
Shindeiru

Quote by Axelfox
Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
Last edited by T00DEEPBLUE at Apr 28, 2015,
Quote by ErikLensherr
What now.

My high school had agg/greenhouse classes. Only the farm kids or stoners took them though.
BOOM-SHAKALAKALAKA-BOOM-SHAKALAKUNGA
Quote by SkepsisMetal
False allegations should carry the same penalties as rape convictions (except for the whole name-on-a-register business).
Just about sums up how I feel each side should be dealt with, depending who is culpable and who is innocent.

Ehhh,rape cases are hard to prove either way, unless it's a random attack on the street and the victim goes to thr police right away. I wouldn't want to discourage victims from coming forward, which is what this kind of thinking would do

Yes, false allegations must be taken seriously, but so should victims and possible victims
Quote by ErikLensherr
What now.
Yes. And I was also in ROTC because I didn't want gym as a class.

People make fun of me for it online. :/
Quote by SGstriker

Quote by JustRooster
Her 'love' messages are so painful to read.

She should be locked away just for that alone.
There's no such thing; there never was. Where I am going you cannot follow me now.
Lol at all the feminazis still finding a way to defend the girl.
Quote by MeTallIcA313
Guys, you heard Mr. Sacamano. No fun until racism is over.
Page 1 of 4