"AlphaI" is what seems to be on the headstock, but no amount of googling has turned up a single thing about this guitar. This guitar actually belongs to a friend of mine who doesn't play, so it's been at my house for a while now.

Anecdotally it belonged to one of Neil Diamond's guitarists (which is plausible, but there's zero documentation, not that I care). And it plays really nice. Just wanted to see if anyone else had heard of the name on the headstock or could give even a general date it might have been made.
Attachments:
guitar1.jpg
Guitar2.jpg
That's actually "Alpha I".

Essentially a rebranded Asian import company for European markets. IIRC the guitars are also called Vega guitars in other places (like NA imports). For electrics, they started making copies of Gibson and Fender style guitars in the 70s along with Martin clones and classical guitars.

But yeah, the guitars are cheap copies for the most part. I wouldn't hold any weight to that Neil Diamond story either.
Quote by zgr0826
My culture is worthless and absolutely inferior to the almighty Leaf.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
Ah, thanks. I am familiar with Vega guitars. 70's ish seems about right for the electronics (I took off the pick guard, but there were no markings, but seems like it would be about that era).

What is clear is that it's not a single piece body, it's definitely multiple pieces of wood glued together. So cheap knock off of a strat sounds right.

And yeah, I give zero eff's about the Neil Diamond story. It plays and sounds really good, that's all that matters to me. I'll enjoy it until my friend remembers he left it here either way.
Quote by griptape
What is clear is that it's not a single piece body, it's definitely multiple pieces of wood glued together. So cheap knock off of a strat sounds right.

And yeah, I give zero eff's about the Neil Diamond story. It plays and sounds really good, that's all that matters to me. I'll enjoy it until my friend remembers he left it here either way.

Yeah a multi piece body on a lower end guitar like that isn't a surprise to me.

That's the most important part. Enjoy the thing and play the crap out of it
Quote by zgr0826
My culture is worthless and absolutely inferior to the almighty Leaf.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.