Hey guys,
Please help me choose between these two Gretsch guitars. Double jet or corvette? I want a guitar with bigsby that's not too heavy. I think I'm having GAS I play rock, punk, pop, blues, and all kind of music just for fun.
so what's your vote? Thank you
Just to get this out there: I've never liked the Corvette. It's fairly uncomfortable because of how thin and broad it is, and the body routing is really weird (sharp corners where you actually hold the guitar against your body). It's really designed based on look, not for comfort. The Double Jet at least has an arched top, so it's a little more comfortable to play. The Corvette is usually pretty average in weight, around 7-8lbs usually, while the Double Jet is usually about a pound lighter because it's heavily chambered (though, obviously weight can vary based on the actual guitar).
Actually, I go by Dave, but there are already too many Daves on this forum.

Fender MIM Stratocaster
Fender Jaguar Bass
Epiphone EJ200 Super Jumbo
Fender Excelsior 13w
Acoustic B300HD (with matching 1x12 cab)
BOSS BD-2W
NYC Big Muff Pi
Double Jet by far in my opinion. More comfortable, looks better (my opinion) and should you ever want to sell it, you'll fare better.
Between those two, another vote for the Double Jet.
Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

Why, yes, I am a lawyer- thanks for asking!

Log off and play yer guitar!

Strap on, tune up, rock out!
BTW, my vote was for the Double Jet as well.
Actually, I go by Dave, but there are already too many Daves on this forum.

Fender MIM Stratocaster
Fender Jaguar Bass
Epiphone EJ200 Super Jumbo
Fender Excelsior 13w
Acoustic B300HD (with matching 1x12 cab)
BOSS BD-2W
NYC Big Muff Pi