I'm looking to start playing in a group and hopefully get a band going. What are some good ways to find others to play with?
I go to gigs and make friends with the bands playing. Sometimes I open for the gigs doing a solo stuff. That can make people looking for band mates interested in you if you have talent. I'm not really into ads/craig's list type searches. I hope my method helps you out.
make a youtube video of you stopping random black women in da hood and smackin dat booty to get the film reactions, and then when people try to kill you just shout "it's a prank" as if that is some magic spell safe word thing.

Eventually you'll get a band member just by association of seeing lots of people inside and outside of prison
it's all just coming back
it's all coming back

it's all coming back to me
Quote by Baby Joel
make a youtube video of you stopping random black women in da hood and smackin dat booty to get the film reactions, and then when people try to kill you just shout "it's a prank" as if that is some magic spell safe word thing.

cringe thread classix

Find a local band doing the type of music you would like to do and start going to see them. You will often find other players who are like minded doing following the same band.
Yes I am guitarded also, nice to meet you.