Hello,

i am absolute beginner in playing guitar, i know just to play few cords on classical guitar, but i decided to buy an acoustic guitar. I want it to have solid top.

As i live in Slovakia, i have not so wide range to choose out of.
I found these adepts:
http://intl.fender.com/en-SK/acoustics/dreadnought/cd-140s-natural/
http://usa.yamaha.com/products/musical-instruments/guitars-basses/ac-guitars/fg/fg700ms/
http://www.batonrougeguitars.com/service/archiv/acoustic-r14c.html
and there is an great deal on this jumbo http://usa.lagguitars.com/TRAMONTANE/200/JUMBO/Satin-Natural-p111394.html

I have seen Yamaha and Fender and i like the matt finish of Yamaha, Fender looked for me boring, but sound of Fender was more rich i think. I added Baton Rouge because i like the cutaway design and its also matt finish. And i found LAG for the comparable price so i think is great deal, but i see there is no pickguard and i am beginner, should i be afraid of it?

Thanks, Janchi.
The first two there (the fender & the yamaha) are both good guitars for their price range!

I've had more than a few friends & students who've purchased those as first acoustics.
~Vince~
Fender MIM Telecaster ('06) [Modded]
PRS S2 Custom 24 ('13) [Modded]
Squier Affinity Fat Strat [Modded]
Yamaha F310

Mesa/Boogie Lonestar 1x12 Combo
Mesa/Boogie Mark V:25

SD Vapor Trail
Xotic SL Drive
Xotic BB Preamp
Boss BD-2
Boss DS-1 [MonteAllums]
MXR 10-Band EQ
Thanks,

firstly i was thinking only of that two but than found the others. I had both tried and Yamaha felt better in my hands, but when guy played them Fender was nice "ringy" sound. But i was decided for Yamaha.
Now i found the LAG, is it a big problem to not have an pickguard?
Because it's in 40% sale so its due to the price instrument of higher range for good price. Its also a Jumbo, but i think its not such a problem, i am not a kid
Quote by janchi
Thanks,

firstly i was thinking only of that two but than found the others. I had both tried and Yamaha felt better in my hands, but when guy played them Fender was nice "ringy" sound. But i was decided for Yamaha.
Now i found the LAG, is it a big problem to not have an pickguard?
Because it's in 40% sale so its due to the price instrument of higher range for good price. Its also a Jumbo, but i think its not such a problem, i am not a kid

Yeah, at the end of the day it does become a personal preference
I personally have not played any of the LAG Acoustics. So I can't say much in terms of them. Not having a pickguard shouldn't be too much of a problem, unless you're attacking the guitar or strumming very aggressively
~Vince~
Yamaha F310

SD Vapor Trail
Xotic SL Drive
Xotic BB Preamp
Boss BD-2
Boss DS-1 [MonteAllums]
MXR 10-Band EQ
I've played a few different LAG guitars and all have been very good instruments. Personally I wouldn't hesitate to buy one - especially if it has been discounted.

PS Most of my guitars don't have pickguards - that's just the way I like it.
I loathe pickguards. The only guitar I have with a pickguard is a strat, because you really can't take the pickguard off. But why you would hide a gorgeous wood finish with a piece of plastic is beyond my comprehension. I always take the pickguard off.
Quote by griptape
I loathe pickguards. The only guitar I have with a pickguard is a strat, because you really can't take the pickguard off. But why you would hide a gorgeous wood finish with a piece of plastic is beyond my comprehension. I always take the pickguard off.

To protect said gorgeous piece of wood from all those ugly marks & finger prints :P
That being said, I adore fooling around with different style pickguards for my Teles
~Vince~
Yamaha F310

SD Vapor Trail
Xotic SL Drive
Xotic BB Preamp
Boss BD-2
Boss DS-1 [MonteAllums]
MXR 10-Band EQ
If you can't see the wood because it's covered by a cheap piece of plastic, what's the point? I personally don't pick/strum hard enough to do any damage. I would rather see the wood grain, even if it does get a small scratch or two.
the lower cost lag guitars sounded fairly boxy to me. i'd go with the yamaha or the fender, for sure.
Quote by Skeet UK
I just looked in my Oxford English Dictionary and under "Acoustic Guitar", there was your Avatar and an email address!