I know this is a constant question we get here, but since each person's situation is unique for the most part, I wanted to get opinions on my pedal order.

Right now I have guitar --> wah --> fuzz --> dirt --> phaser --> looper --> amp.

I'm mostly concerned about phaser placement. I have heard a lot of conflicting opinions about the placement and wanted a specific opinion based on my setup.

Any advice appreciated.
Modulation effects like a phaser would often go in an amp's effects loop, but if having it before the amp gives the effect you need then there's nothing to stop you keeping it there.

FWIW, I also have my looper in my loop.
Gibson LP Traditional, LP GT, LP Studio, SG Standard x2
Barber Tone Press > EHX Worm >TC Polytune > EXH Glove > EHX East River Drive > Zoom G3 > TC Spark Mini Booster
EVH 5150 III LBXII
Jet City JCA22H
My SoundCloud
Quote by GaryBillington
Modulation effects like a phaser would often go in an amp's effects loop, but if having it before the amp gives the effect you need then there's nothing to stop you keeping it there.

FWIW, I also have my looper in my loop.

+1. Also try the fuzz before the wah.
Peavey Classic 30
PRS SE Custom Semi-Hollow
+some pedals
Quote by gibbygano
I know this is a constant question we get here, but since each person's situation is unique for the most part, I wanted to get opinions on my pedal order.

Right now I have guitar --> wah --> fuzz --> dirt --> phaser --> looper --> amp.

I'm mostly concerned about phaser placement. I have heard a lot of conflicting opinions about the placement and wanted a specific opinion based on my setup.

Any advice appreciated.
Does your amp have an effects loop? If so:

guitar > dirt (an overdrive?) > fuzz > amp

loop send > wah > phaser > looper > loop return
I personally don't like the wah in the loop, I would put it first.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
Quote by trashedlostfdup
I personally don't like the wah in the loop, I would put it first.

Agreed.
“Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge.”
Charles Darwin
what fuzz do you have? some fuzzes want to be first in the chain.

also phaser can go before or after distortion, it's preference. generally it'll sound more subtle before dirt.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Wow, thanks for the great response guys!
I'll try to answer all questions in one post:

My amp does NOT have an effects loop, so it all must be in-line.
My fuzz is the EHX Big Muff Pi w/Wicker and my wah pedal is first in the chain.
I will give the fuzz before the wah a shot, thanks for the tip.
i certainly put my wah in front and honestly also prefer my phaser there as well. sometimes in front of my overdrive and sometimes after depending on what i want.

phasers can be real finicky at times so it's best to see where it works best for the sound you want.
yeah a muff might be alright second in line. if you can be bothered, try both ways and see which you prefer.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?